ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College Football 2022

I think it’s best if the big12 picks them up first. They would most likely pair them with another MW team. The PAC would have to find the best teams left in the MW. If the MW loses four teams I see us sliding in.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915

I think it’s best if the big12 picks them up first. They would most likely pair them with another MW team. The PAC would have to find the best teams left in the MW. If the MW loses four teams I see us sliding in.
Our AD is in such bad shape, utep would be way lucky to get the opportunity to move up.

From a UTEP perspective, I guess. SDSU should definitely join the Pac 12 if they have the opportunity to choose between the two. Big 12 is a murderous basketball league, not to mention trips to West Virginia and Orlando for all sports. Greater chance for success if SDSU ends up in the Pac 12.

Reactions: JCorona
Our AD is in such bad shape, utep would be way lucky to get the opportunity to move up.
UTEP would have a good chance at joining the MWC, if expansion or replacement happens. There is literally nobody left in the west besides UTEP and NMSU. The MWC without SDSU and whoever else, has no shot at getting AAC schools. They would have to decide between us and Texas St.

We have good odds, despite having OffSenter and horrible programs.

UTEP would have a good chance at joining the MWC, if expansion or replacement happens. There is literally nobody left in the west besides UTEP and NMSU. The MWC without SDSU and whoever else, has no shot at getting AAC schools. They would have to decide between us and Texas St.

We have good odds, despite having OffSenter and horrible programs.
The SB would be a more stable conference after the MW raids. I don’t think TX St would jump.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The SB would be a more stable conference after the MW raids. I don’t think TX St would jump.
Yes, that is true. Texas St is now “by itself”, might be “better” to be with UTEP/NMSU or both, rather than ULL or Arkansas St. Would they rather send their teams to Marshall and ODU or Wyoming and Fresno?

It wouldn’t be totally shocking if they moved to the MWC, but I think there’s a chance. Especially if the money is greater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT