ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College Football 2023 🏈🏟

Hey you always shoot your shot. Even with the promiscuous chick that's been run through by the entire school.

Agreed, well maybe not with the girl that has been run through by the entire school. 😆

I remember having the same negative mentality in high school. I didn't try for things I should have tried for (whether it be asking girls out or joining different clubs, etc.)

In college I did the opposite. It's amazing how my life changed just by putting myself out there and trying. Did I succeed at everything and did every girl I asked out say yes? Of course not, but I accomplished a lot more than sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Hey you always shoot your shot. Even with the promiscuous chick that's been run through by the entire school.
Yes, but you’re assuming the tweet is true and finished. I guess Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, San Jose St, Air Force, Utah St, Hawaii, and Nevada didn’t bother to “apply” either. Time for their fan bases to be upset too!!

Unless it’s from McMurphy, Thamel, and a few others, take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Yes, but you’re assuming the tweet is true and finished. I guess Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, San Jose St, Air Force, Utah St, Hawaii, and Nevada didn’t bother to “apply” either. Time for their fan bases to be upset too!!

Unless it’s from McMurphy, Thamel, and a few others, take it with a grain of salt.

Jim Williams provides reliable information.

I think it's realistic to think there are desperate G5s trying to jump into a P5 conference

Won't stay a P5 conference but hey, maybe Apple will offer a good deal to them.

Reactions: EPUTEP
I think it's realistic to think there are desperate G5s trying to jump into a P5 conference

Won't stay a P5 conference but hey, maybe Apple will offer a good deal to them.
The problem is, the conference has no media contact after this season and apparently their best offer was from Apple only. Meaning ESPN and everybody else didn’t even want the Pac 10 with Washington, Oregon, Utah. Not sure how you can expect a bunch of G5s to pay $20,000,000 or so to go join Stanford and the other 3 without a good tv deal.

It doesn’t make sense for Memphis and USF to travel thousands of miles for a worse setup and pay 8 figures in exit fees. Those might have applied after Colorado left, but I would bet their interest is extremely small now AND that would only be if they had a suitable tv deal waiting for them.

Reactions: JCorona
The problem is, the conference has no media contact after this season and apparently their best offer was from Apple only. Meaning ESPN and everybody else didn’t even want the Pac 10 with Washington, Oregon, Utah. Not sure how you can expect a bunch of G5s to pay $20,000,000 or so to go join Stanford and the other 3 without a good tv deal.

It doesn’t make sense for Memphis and USF to travel thousands of miles for a worse setup and pay 8 figures in exit fees. Those might have applied after Colorado left, but I would bet their interest is extremely small now AND that would only be if they had a suitable tv deal waiting for them.
Right. At this point those 4 leftovers plus the best of the AAC and MW probably wouldn’t make much more than the current AAC deal.

Right. At this point those 4 leftovers plus the best of the AAC and MW probably wouldn’t make much more than the current AAC deal.
We could be wrong and maybe the Pac 4 could get some teams, but they have to have a war chest for athletics already. Each current Pac 12 school reportedly owes Comcast $5,000,000 each for overpayment and will need a shit ton for exit fees. Assuming they were willing and able to do all of that, getting a media deal is even more important. Why do all of that for $10,000,000 a year, if they’re lucky?

The Pac 4 have 11 months to find football games. The Pac 4 can always put their non-football sports in any combination of the WCC, Big West, WAC, or Big Sky. They need some kind of solution for football games for 2024.

UTEP is racking up the pre-season awards. Can they rack up a winning season with a bowl win as a cherry on top?

That’s all up to Dimel.

Reactions: Rot and MinerManiac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT