ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

We tripled our win total from 2019. We were one game shy of a bowl season. No matter what we do they love sticking us in last place.
LOL.

UTEP "bought" two wins vs. FCS teams.

They needed one freakin' conference win to reach .500 and they couldn't do it.

How many conference wins does Dimel have at UTEP? This isn't an elite conference, mind you.

Does anyone remember UTEP was supposed to have the best offensive line in CUSA, blah, blah since the Kulger days when he wanted to run the T Formation offense from the late 19th century?
Yost_regular_formation_%28crop%29.jpg

So now UTEP has not just good, but great "WR's"? I want the best for UTEP, but I will believe it when I see it.

I think the talent is there to possibly win 7 games but what has me concerned is the terrible coaching and scheme on the offensive side of the football. I hate to sound like a broken record but Dimel’s offense is just too vanilla and way too conservative and doesn’t score enough points. Dimel’s refusal to run outside the tackles, use screens, trickery and misdirection to keep the defense guessing, changing game tempo, and failure to incorporate the tight has me worried. There are high school coaches in EP who can devise a better offensive scheme and call a better game than Dimel. I see very little difference between Kugler’s offense and the garbage implemented by Dimel. Four wins this year with Dimel’s departure at season’s end.

Reactions: picks up
The Aggies football team looked NAIA caliber against Tarleton (FCS independent) a few months ago losing 43-17. Tarleton put up 43 against NMSU with five Tarleton offense starters ineligible to play due to covid, including Tarleton’s starting QB. Tarleton’s backup QB looked better than any UTEP QB IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT