ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Colorado leaving the PAC 12

Also, I wonder how long before the Ohio St/Michigan/Alabamas start questioning why they get the same money as the Purdue/Indiana/Vanderbilts.
Look at what is happening eith the ACC right now. Clemson and Florida State want unequal revenue distribution. I'd be surprised if it doesn't exist in the SEC already and it already exists in the Big 10. Only a matter of time before the big egos want to split apart.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
MWC welcomes Oregon St. and Washington St. to the MWC. That I'm sure will happen.

Aww how cute. Trying to save face from being rejected.

It only makes perfect sense for the pac2 to join the MW.
I wouldn’t really call it that. Since the ACC took the 2 best available - Stanford and Cal, along with a “key” member of their current conference, the AAC is deciding not to pursue OSU or WSU.

An AAC with SMU and the Pac 4 would probably get a better deal, but now, there’s no reason for them to add WSU and OSU.

Maybe they did get rejected by OSU and WSU, but who knows

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I wouldn’t really call it that. Since the ACC took the 2 best available - Stanford and Cal, along with a “key” member of their current conference, the AAC is deciding not to pursue OSU or WSU.

An AAC with SMU and the Pac 4 would probably get a better deal, but now, there’s no reason for them to add WSU and OSU.

Maybe they did get rejected by OSU and WSU, but who knows
There was zero chance of Stanford ever joining AAC or MW.

There’s reason to add them. This isn’t the first time they’ve wanted a west wing. They’ve gone after MW programs in the past.

At 13 they could have tried to get those two plus SDSU. Or maybe make the jump to 18 and bring Boise and another MW school.

It seems like common sense has finally prevailed in the realignment world.

It seems like common sense has finally prevailed in the realignment world.
If you’re Oregon St/Washington St and prefer geography over money and prestige, sure. LOL

Cal and Stanford just joined the ACC. We’re way passed common sense now.

I don’t see why Stanford joining the AAC with the other 3 leftovers is far fetched. For weeks, people tried to tell us that SMU, Rice, and Tulane were P12 candidates.

Definitely the next step
All the big guys need a few auto wins. If you have some kind of “super league”. Who wants to finish in last place there? Imagine Michigan or North Carolina going 1-7 in conference 1 year. Their fans aren’t going to want that. Even if they’re playing Alabama and LSU instead of Northwestern and Rutgers.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
All the big guys need a few auto wins. If you have some kind of “super league”. Who wants to finish in last place there? Imagine Michigan or North Carolina going 1-7 in conference 1 year. Their fans aren’t going to want that. Even if they’re playing Alabama and LSU instead of Northwestern and Rutgers.
The rest of us will still be taking $5 million buy games. Hell they may get up to 8 or 9 million by that time

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
It's early yet but Coach Prime's CU Buffaloes look impressive. Coach Dismel should take a look at how Coach Prime lets his coachs coach!!

Reactions: utep-piggy
Nope. UTEP will only be taken by the MWC, SBC, or AAC if they’re on their death beds and don’t want FCS schools. Even then, UTEP would be way down the list for the SBC or AAC.
Relax this is an over exaggeration SMH 😏 besides Sun Belt is only $500,000 above Cusa TV Contract it'd be a lateral move there anyway.

Last edited:
Again how is Sun Belt so much better? The new TV deal with CUSA vs Sun Belt is a difference of peanuts.
Anyone with a clue knows that the SBC is more highly regarded than CUSA - at least football wise.

You can argue that CUSA basketball might be better than the SBC, but it’s negligible since they’re both 1 bid leagues.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Anyone with a clue knows that the SBC is more highly regarded than CUSA - at least football wise.

You can argue that CUSA basketball might be better than the SBC, but it’s negligible since they’re both 1 bid leagues.
The TV contract is what it is so that's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what you think or others think of the perception of the league. Financially it would do nothing for Utep sorry, that's the bottom line.

The TV contract is what it is so that's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what you think or others think of the perception of the league. Financially it would do nothing for Utep sorry, that's the bottom line.
Why did USM, ODU, and Marshall leave then?

Again how is Sun Belt so much better? The new TV deal with CUSA vs Sun Belt is a difference of peanuts.
Which conference raided who? If SB loses teams where do you think they’ll get the replacements from?

That’s what makes a conference better. The security of knowing you can go get the best FBS team from CUSA instead of trying your luck with FCS teams that aren’t ready.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT