ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Say what you will about Dak but at least we don’t have to hear about him trying to make the US Open cut every offseason.

Bunch of crap. The way the Cowboys deal with their failures is to hope they go away. It will always be next year.

The team needs to be rebuilt with toughness not flash. They will never win in the playoffs as they get punched in the mouth and fold. You see it with teams they played in the regular season like the Bills and 49ers that can just run the ball down their throat.

The team is a reflection of their coach. Undisciplined as one thing they are great at is committing penalties. Why every single year do they lead the league in penalties?

They have a QB, that is the second highest paid in the NFL, soon to be highest, and he cannot come through in big games. He can't carry the team on his back.

What is going to change? Nothing. 29 years and the same result. Jerry the worst GM in the NFL with such a huge ego that he will never admit that he needs help.

This team is headed for a crash once they resign Dak to another big contract. The money will be tied up, more failures and weaknesses, and it will take years to rebuild. Maybe at least by that time, Jerry will be put to pasture, and they can do it right.

Lol. Who cares about regular season winning percentage in Dallas when his playoff winning percentage is pathetic. Jerry loves him because he is a super puppet.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Say what you will about Dak but at least we don’t have to hear about him trying to make the US Open cut every offseason.
With the 60 million he is making next year, and more to come I wish he would leave for the PGA. Romo was 2-4 in 6 years in the playoffs. Dak is 2-4 in 7 years. The big difference is Romo made an average salary of 18 million a year to produce the same results as a guy making over 40.

One could argue that if Romo had Elliot as his RB and especially the 1-2 punch with Pollard that he would have led them to a Super Bowl.

Lol. Who cares about regular season winning percentage in Dallas when his playoff winning percentage is pathetic. Jerry loves him because he is a super puppet.
Imagine Saban at Alabama being in the playoffs every year and not winning any titles. Would Alabama fans be happy? It seems that Cowboy fans seem to be lured with the "next year" as Jerry feeds them all the crap they can eat.

Reactions: FedupMiner
With the 60 million he is making next year, and more to come I wish he would leave for the PGA. Romo was 2-4 in 6 years in the playoffs. Dak is 2-4 in 7 years. The big difference is Romo made an average salary of 18 million a year to produce the same results as a guy making over 40.

One could argue that if Romo had Elliot as his RB and especially the 1-2 punch with Pollard that he would have led them to a Super Bowl.
Career. 2-4 his entire career. Fixed that for you.

And how did Romo hurt his back? He did it trying to qualify for that US Open. If I was Jerry I wouldn’t have paid Romo either.

Last edited:
Career. 2-4 his entire career. Fixed that for you.

And how did Romo hurt his back? He did it trying to qualify for that US Open. If I was Jerry I wouldn’t have paid Romo either.
Romo hurt his back the second time in a preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks. Dak replaced him in that game which was 2016.
Romo broke his clavicle against Philadelphia in the second game of the season in 2015 and the Cowboys who were 2-0 only won 2 more games the whole year.

Where did you ever read that he hurt his back qualifying for the PGA tour? Get your facts straight.

Secondly, Romo never started again after that game. He finished one drive in the last game of the season and retired.

Still the only team from the state of Texas to win the Super Bowl.
Excited Ric Flair GIF

Still the only team from the state of Texas to win the Super Bowl.
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Houston has the brighter future. A rookie QB that took them to a divisional title in his first year. Only threw 5 interceptions on a very young team. A good coach, GM, and owner that doesn't meddle.

Here is a team that was 2000-1 at the beginning of the season to win the Super Bowl, and the Cowboys were 14-1. Houston advanced farther.

Funny thing, Houston has only been around since 2002. The Cowboys last Super Bowl was 1996 on a team that was started in 1960. They have 5 playoff wins since their inception, and the Cowboys only have 4.

So, which team do you think is headed in the right direction and has the brighter future?

Love is elusive, has a live arm, and only 25.

Love makes $11M
He has 1 more year on his contract and then he will be a significant cap hit.

He may have a good arm as long he doesn't think he is Brett Favre and throw across the field on the run. Stroud had the best performance by a rookie QB against the Browns in NFL history. He also had the same QB rating as Love yesterday, yet Stroud threw 0 Interceptions and Love had 2. One could argue Prescott has a live arm, where has that gotten them when he throws interceptions at the worst times.

Stroud will make only 11 million in 2026, he is signed for the next 3 years. The Texans has 71 million in cap space, the Packers have none.

Last edited:
I thought this was a good video. There's plenty of blame to go around and Dak does get his share of blame, but the segment around 14:00 really drives home the coaching problems we saw at times this season. This coaching staff is allergic to making adjustments. When the schemes work, the team looks great, but they're unwilling to adjust when facing adversity, even when the needed adjustments are obvious, so when things go bad, they get steamrolled.

One of the comments to the video is great:

"Dan Quinn can't play defense from behind. He's in love with the concept of the 'Box Safety' even when it's an obvious running situation from the offense. His defensive tendencies have been on tape and haven't changed since his Seahawk days. Difference was, he had All pros at every level on the Seahawks that were able to consistently win 1 on 1s in the Cover 3.

He's unable to scheme a defense around the talent he has, and instead forces his system on players that may not be fit for it."

Not to excuse Dak in the game because he did play poorly (in the first half especially), but when the rest of the team fails so spectacularly and we put all the pressure on one player to keep us in the game, we're bound to be disappointed.

I thought this was a good video. There's plenty of blame to go around and Dak does get his share of blame, but the segment around 14:00 really drives home the coaching problems we saw at times this season. This coaching staff is allergic to making adjustments. When the schemes work, the team looks great, but they're unwilling to adjust when facing adversity, even when the needed adjustments are obvious, so when things go bad, they get steamrolled.

One of the comments to the video is great:

"Dan Quinn can't play defense from behind. He's in love with the concept of the 'Box Safety' even when it's an obvious running situation from the offense. His defensive tendencies have been on tape and haven't changed since his Seahawk days. Difference was, he had All pros at every level on the Seahawks that were able to consistently win 1 on 1s in the Cover 3.

He's unable to scheme a defense around the talent he has, and instead forces his system on players that may not be fit for it."

Not to excuse Dak in the game because he did play poorly (in the first half especially), but when the rest of the team fails so spectacularly and we put all the pressure on one player to keep us in the game, we're bound to be disappointed.
The sad thing is that we are going into next season with the exact same Coach, GM, QB, Running Back, etc. What is going to change? What do they believe the result is going to be?

Dak has never been able to put the team on his back like the other equally paid QBs. 60 million next year to a guy that is 2-5 in the playoffs. It is just time to make a change. I understand you have to play him next year, but he is not worth re-signing.

The team needs to get a disciplined coach that will hold the players accountable. They should not lead the league in penalties every year.

And sadly, we need a GM. A real one.

The sad thing is that we are going into next season with the exact same Coach, GM, QB, Running Back, etc. What is going to change? What do they believe the result is going to be?

Dak has never been able to put the team on his back like the other equally paid QBs. 60 million next year to a guy that is 2-5 in the playoffs. It is just time to make a change. I understand you have to play him next year, but he is not worth re-signing.

The team needs to get a disciplined coach that will hold the players accountable. They should not lead the league in penalties every year.

And sadly, we need a GM. A real one.
Na. As a 49er fan, I say you're fine.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Can someone find something on Jerry please? I would love it if he was forced out like Snyder or Sterling.

Or give him the option of stepping away from the GM position as consolation and being allowed to stay owner? 🤣 He may live to be 120 and all of us will be dead before the Cowboys win a divisional playoff game.

With Pollard going to the Titans, and Aaron Jones being released. I wonder if the Cowboys are going to sign him.

I always thought you could not have Pollard alone as he needed a FB with him kind of like Elliot was at the end with the Cowboys. My thought was they would sign Barkley or Jacobs to go with Pollard.
The Eagles did that with the signing of Barkley, and now have what I had envisioned with the Cowboys.

Now that they have lost Pollard, they had better draft a RB and sign Henry or Jones or Dak will have 50 interceptions this coming year. Elliot was also a great blocker and Pollard was not an every down back.

Armstrong has also left for the Commanders.

It is time for the rebuild as after this year, this team will have a ton of departures. If Jerry is dumb enough to give Dak an extension, this team will not have the players to surround him and we will be doomed. He needs to let Dak play out the year, and not sign him to an extension and start a rebuild before this team is barren and it will take years to come back from.

With Pollard going to the Titans, and Aaron Jones being released. I wonder if the Cowboys are going to sign him.

I always thought you could not have Pollard alone as he needed a FB with him kind of like Elliot was at the end with the Cowboys. My thought was they would sign Barkley or Jacobs to go with Pollard.
The Eagles did that with the signing of Barkley, and now have what I had envisioned with the Cowboys.

Now that they have lost Pollard, they had better draft a RB and sign Henry or Jones or Dak will have 50 interceptions this coming year. Elliot was also a great blocker and Pollard was not an every down back.

Armstrong has also left for the Commanders.

It is time for the rebuild as after this year, this team will have a ton of departures. If Jerry is dumb enough to give Dak an extension, this team will not have the players to surround him and we will be doomed. He needs to let Dak play out the year, and not sign him to an extension and start a rebuild before this team is barren and it will take years to come back from.
Cowboys should sign Aaron Jones in a heartbeat

The Cowboys better do something. Everyone else is adding their pieces, and we have no RB at all. Lost our Center on top of that.

I was hoping for adding a strong RB with Pollard, now we are going to have to get a Henry or Jones and draft one. I just don't see a soft running back working without a tough FB/RB joining to make it a duo.

I would love for Dallas to add Jones given his penchant for shredding them up when they played. But if they weren’t willing to pay Pollard, I can’t imagine they’d give Jones what he deserves.

I would love for Dallas to add Jones given his penchant for shredding them up when they played. But if they weren’t willing to pay Pollard, I can’t imagine they’d give Jones what he deserves.
He already signed a one year deal with the Vikings

The Cowboys better do something. Everyone else is adding their pieces, and we have no RB at all. Lost our Center on top of that.

I was hoping for adding a strong RB with Pollard, now we are going to have to get a Henry or Jones and draft one. I just don't see a soft running back working without a tough FB/RB joining to make it a duo.
Does it even matter? Aren’t we fu*ked either way until Jerry is gone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT