ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

At least Cowboys’ cheerleaders are winning:
89468566_2955336117859117_7069124313579782144_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Okay, that interception Dak just threw, I need to see a replay. To me, in real time, it looked like TWO Steelers jumped off-sides, and I thought, "Awesome, a free play!"

Then Dak threw an interception and there was no flag.

Did Dak think it was a free play and make a risky throw?

Or did I just imagine things with the two off-sides players?

We dem boyz!
It was as exciting a game as we'll see this season, and winning in Pittsburgh is a good win. Dak got it done at the end, but it only came to that because of mistakes he made earlier in the game. I still wonder, though, what exactly happened on that interception I posted about above.

Reactions: JCorona
The issue with the Cowboys was all too present during that game. Yes, they won, but they showed exactly why they lose when it comes to playing really good teams especially during the playoffs:

Dumb penalties: They are as good as the Miners in this category. You cannot do this against good teams or in the playoffs. This never seems to get fixed year after year.

Interceptions: At the worst times, Dak seems to throw 1 or 2. His fumbling does not help either. Yes, he will get a ton of yards and throw some great throws, but again we are talking about really good teams and in the playoffs.

Red Zone Efficiency: They were better in this game than most. But they are still 22nd in the league

This year, the running game is going to be our end. Dak has to throw too much because it is not present. It was decently present in this game due to injuries on the Steelers side, yet they are still dead last in this stat.
The opposite is that the run defense is still weak. Yes, they had a good game against the Steelers, but that was due to the injuries on the Steelers side as 2 of their RBs were out.

I do not want to sound like a downer, but this is what will be present in the big games against playoff teams. One game does not change these glaring weaknesses that get you knocked out early in the playoffs.

Reactions: axingfools1
Okay, that interception Dak just threw, I need to see a replay. To me, in real time, it looked like TWO Steelers jumped off-sides, and I thought, "Awesome, a free play!"

Then Dak threw an interception and there was no flag.

Did Dak think it was a free play and make a risky throw?

Or did I just imagine things with the two off-sides players?
Okay, they weren't offsides, but they got a perfect jump (especially T. J. Watt). They just timed the jump perfectly with the snap; I wonder if the snap count was too predictable. The Cowboys did manage to pick up the blocks, though, so I don't understand why Dak tried to force that throw; he wasn't about to get sacked. It was truly a terrible pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
The issue with the Cowboys was all too present during that game. Yes, they won, but they showed exactly why they lose when it comes to playing really good teams especially during the playoffs:

Dumb penalties: They are as good as the Miners in this category. You cannot do this against good teams or in the playoffs. This never seems to get fixed year after year.

Interceptions: At the worst times, Dak seems to throw 1 or 2. His fumbling does not help either. Yes, he will get a ton of yards and throw some great throws, but again we are talking about really good teams and in the playoffs.

Red Zone Efficiency: They were better in this game than most. But they are still 22nd in the league

This year, the running game is going to be our end. Dak has to throw too much because it is not present. It was decently present in this game due to injuries on the Steelers side, yet they are still dead last in this stat.
The opposite is that the run defense is still weak. Yes, they had a good game against the Steelers, but that was due to the injuries on the Steelers side as 2 of their RBs were out.

I do not want to sound like a downer, but this is what will be present in the big games against playoff teams. One game does not change these glaring weaknesses that get you knocked out early in the playoffs.
I doubt they make the playoffs this year

This is looking like the Saints debacle.

To be fair, our best defenders are all out with injury. This isn't our best lineup. It's still pretty pathetic, though.
It doesn't matter. Who is out on offense?

You can't win with a QB that has never proven he can put the team on his back and win consistently. Biggest mistake ever to sign him for 60 million a year for 4 more years.

Secondly, there is no RB. How did "All In" Jerry think he was going to win without a RB, and to keep saying they are too expensive is the dumbest thing you can say when you can afford a QB that has only won 2 playoff games in his career to 60 million a year.

This team is going to get progressively worse over the next 4 years until Dak is gone. Then another 3-4 years to rebuild the way they should have done this year.

Jerry will blame McCarthy for this, and he will be gone. Never seen a coach that could win with a QB that is good but not great, and no RB. It is not his fault, it is the lousy GM.

Every other team out there is getting better, while the Cowboys get worse. All because we have the worse GM in football that does not get it, and never will. Cowboys are done until Jerry passes away and then the team can finally go in the right direction. Either way this team is doomed for a minimum of 6 years, if Jerry is still around you can just add to it.

Reactions: FedupMiner
It doesn't matter. Who is out on offense?

You can't win with a QB that has never proven he can put the team on his back and win consistently. Biggest mistake ever to sign him for 60 million a year for 4 more years.

Secondly, there is no RB. How did "All In" Jerry think he was going to win without a RB, and to keep saying they are too expensive is the dumbest thing you can say when you can afford a QB that has only won 2 playoff games in his career to 60 million a year.

This team is going to get progressively worse over the next 4 years until Dak is gone. Then another 3-4 years to rebuild the way they should have done this year.

Jerry will blame McCarthy for this, and he will be gone. Never seen a coach that could win with a QB that is good but not great, and no RB. It is not his fault, it is the lousy GM.

Every other team out there is getting better, while the Cowboys get worse. All because we have the worse GM in football that does not get it, and never will. Cowboys are done until Jerry passes away and then the team can finally go in the right direction. Either way this team is doomed for a minimum of 6 years, if Jerry is still around you can just add to it.
When that happens, the problems will probably continue if his son takes over. It looks like it will take someone buying out the Jones before things get better.

When that happens, the problems will probably continue if his son takes over. It looks like it will take someone buying out the Jones before things get better.
I am not sure about that. He really has little say over his father. I think he has more common sense, as he was the one that wanted Zach Martin over Johnny Manziel.

Maybe he will be smart and hire a real GM? They will need someone really great because by that time, this team will need a complete re-build. If they had started this year, in a couple of years they would have been ok. By signing Dak, they threw that all in the trash.

I find it funny when the Cowboys go to play action. Who is that fooling? They had 53 total yards rushing. If I was a player, I would want out of Dallas as soon as possible to avoid this catastrophe.
Secondly, there is no money left after Parsons gets his. And with Parsons they still have not proven they can stop the run when a team commits to shoving it down their throat.

Worse days are ahead as All In Jerry has run this team into the ground.

What needs to happen: Get rid of McCarthy, back the Brinks truck up to Ben Johnson's house.

What probably happens: Get rid of McCarthy, promote Zimmer (full time, not interim).

What needs to happen: Get rid of McCarthy, back the Brinks truck up to Ben Johnson's house.

What probably happens: Get rid of McCarthy, promote Zimmer (full time, not interim).
You can get rid of McCarthy and so what. You could have Knute Rockne as coach and he won't be able to do anything thanks to Jerry Jones not getting a decent RB.

He doesn't throw interceptions. He doesn't commit the penalties. He doesn't stand in on the field and get the ball run down his throat. This is all personnel that Jerry has put together. McCarthy has to make best with what he has, and it isn't much.

If you want to blame him for not having more discipline, maybe. But what the hell are you going to do without a RB?

Tell me what McCarthy could have done different beyond playing on the field in the games the Cowboys have lost? The Cowboys are a soft team. They need to rebuild to become more physical. They need a good RB. They need to rebuild the O-line. When teams know you can't run the ball, they can line up and bring everyone. Dak is not a superstar QB that can overcome that.

All of this is Jerry Jones doing or not doing. He is the issue and no decent coach will want to coach under him, nor will he ever have any success as Jerry believes he know more than anyone else.

Reactions: mikesarabia
You can get rid of McCarthy and so what. You could have Knute Rockne as coach and he won't be able to do anything thanks to Jerry Jones not getting a decent RB.

He doesn't throw interceptions. He doesn't commit the penalties. He doesn't stand in on the field and get the ball run down his throat. This is all personnel that Jerry has put together. McCarthy has to make best with what he has, and it isn't much.

If you want to blame him for not having more discipline, maybe. But what the hell are you going to do without a RB?

Tell me what McCarthy could have done different beyond playing on the field in the games the Cowboys have lost? The Cowboys are a soft team. They need to rebuild to become more physical. They need a good RB. They need to rebuild the O-line. When teams know you can't run the ball, they can line up and bring everyone. Dak is not a superstar QB that can overcome that.

All of this is Jerry Jones doing or not doing. He is the issue and no decent coach will want to coach under him, nor will he ever have any success as Jerry believes he know more than anyone else.
So, I'll put you in the keep McCarthy camp? Equally possible outcome.

I'll agree with you. If they fired him last offseason, it would have been justified and cathartic. Turn the page. He's still not a good coach, but when he gets let go (it has to happen), he's a scapegoat for being given a bunch of chicken s__t and not turning it into chicken salad. And I'd almost feel bad for him.

Reactions: Rocketsr
So, I'll put you in the keep McCarthy camp? Equally possible outcome.

I'll agree with you. If they fired him last offseason, it would have been justified and cathartic. Turn the page. He's still not a good coach, but when he gets let go (it has to happen), he's a scapegoat for being given a bunch of chicken s__t and not turning it into chicken salad. And I'd almost feel bad for him.
I am not a fan of him, as I think he makes some bonehead decisions. But I have also not seen Kellen Moore have much success at San Diego or Philly, and I feel he was part of the problem and I have not seen as many head scratching decisions since he left.

I just don't think it matters who you bring in, as it is not McCarthy that is the issue right now, it is all Jerry Jones. Jerry will never allow a coach to come in and do what really needs to be done. He would also be stuck with as you say, chicken s..., and I would think you would have to be crazy to want to coach the Cowboys with a delusional owner that always thinks he knows more than you.

Jerry should just take over as coach, but he doesn't want any blame, just the glory.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT