ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Desert Oak Barbeque

No gas??!! Hank Hill will be very upset...I tell you what...
....photos look delicious!!

After living in Austin and San Antonio we got spoiled with great BBQ. I haven't found anything good in El Paso. The photos look great. I'm going to try this place.

I don't think I could find anything as great as The Salt Lick in Driftwood, Tx. but I will give this place a go, definitely.

I know Memphis was a hated rival but I was lucky enough to live in northern Mississippi right on the Memphis, Tennessee/Mississippi border, think of it as living in Santa Teresa for some perspective. Anyway, Memphis style BBQ is damn near untouchable. I know it's a completely different style than Texas BBQ but dang it's amazing. I know make the 16+ hour drive twice a year to spend a few days eating at different Memphis restaurants. You know the food is good when they make el pasoans look skinny.

You might consider getting out a little bit more, we have good bbq and St Louis MO has better bbq (any kind) than sananto, Austin although Elgin TX has good bbq sausage and central TX could work harder on better Mexican food because ours in El Paso is much much better

You might consider getting out a little bit more, we have good bbq and St Louis MO has better bbq (any kind) than sananto, Austin although Elgin TX has good bbq sausage and central TX could work harder on better Mexican food because ours in El Paso is much much better

Good BBQ in El Paso? Where?

Again get out, if you don't know where you're not good at choosing bbq in any kind beef, chicken, or pork. You just don't know food.

KMA or if you too backward kiss my ass, I don't usually use letters for words but your like a piñata. Just get out and eat ya joker! And bored going to sleep

Not to change the subject, but if you want a different style of burger, try Border Burger on Fort Blvd. I highly, highly recommend the fried pickles that come with jalapeño ranch dipping sauce.

Not to change the subject, but if you want a different style of burger, try Border Burger on Fort Blvd. I highly, highly recommend the fried pickles that come with jalapeño ranch dipping sauce.
Damn ! Sound's Deelish. I will try it. Thank's !

I'm sure they're good just like home town bbq and brisket the best in all west US.
Tuxedo-Obama-laughing-AFP-640x480.jpg

Thanks for the tip unihorn I'll have to try it. El Paso is definitely a bbq wasteland im glad someone is trying to remedy this.

A little off topic but for my money the top bbq spots in the state are:

Louie muellers, tayor
Kirby's, mexia
Cooper's, Llano
Blacks, Lockhart
Billy's Oak Acres, Ft Worth
Pecan Lodge, Dallas
Hashknife of chisolm trail, mineral wells

Im not a fan of Franklin's I dont think it lives up to the hype. I dont like Salt Lick because its not real tx bbq. Its some kind of memphis and Carolina hybrid.

Hit the city limits and keep going numb nuts and go to imaginary places you've never been to and most people won't step a toe into. Now I remember why no more children, ya need attention and to grow up just a little.

There are guys on this thread who haven’t been seen on this board for years.
Fanatico, uni and Corona are fairly new. Killer is actually a charter guy (lack of a better term) and the original folks were acquaintances/friends of former and original admin Darren Hunt who was with the EP Times at the time. This site has published poets, many engineers, scientist, famous band members, politicians UTEP staff(Current and past), big boosters, you name it.

Fanatico, uni and Corona are fairly new. Killer is actually a charter guy (lack of a better term) and the original folks were acquaintances/friends of former and original admin Darren Hunt who was with the EP Times at the time. This site has published poets, many engineers, scientist, famous band members, politicians UTEP staff(Current and past), big boosters, you name it.
He’s referring to 5 1/2 years ago. All of us were around then. Even if under different handles.

However, I am about 10 years in. From what I understand, the forum has been around a whole lot longer than that.

It's cool to see that in five years they went from a food truck to an actual restaurant.

Am I missing something, but which El Paso restaurant is on the list Horn provided?

Nevermind I see it now. They could at least label the region as El Paso instead of West. Why don't they label Austin as Central?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
He’s referring to 5 1/2 years ago. All of us were around then. Even if under different handles.

However, I am about 10 years in. From what I understand, the forum has been around a whole lot longer than that.

Some of us have been here for 25 years or so. I originally posted under a different handle and switched to TxRdKiller 20 years ago. 2Step is also an old timer of 25 or so years as are several others.

Some of us have been here for 25 years or so. I originally posted under a different handle and switched to TxRdKiller 20 years ago. 2Step is also an old timer of 25 or so years as are several others.
I knew it was a long time. Had no idea it was 25 or so.

Smittys. Great place

Black's in Lockhart is my fav BBQ place. I've also eaten at Chisholm Trail and Smitty's in Lockhart, Salt Lick and Stubb's in Austin(-ish for Salt Lick), places in DFW, Kansas City, blah blah blah.

Black's is KING of BBQ!

Reactions: Lil_Train
Not really sure “25” is accurate. Would be 1996. I came here in 1999 or 2000. Internet access was just starting to explode then.
I joined in 99, during Bailey's final year as coach. The community already existed then, but I got the feeling that it was fairly new. There was another, now long defunct, board that I also joined at the time that appeared to preceed MinerDigs, but I can't remember the name of the board nor the site that hosted it. So MinerDigs has been around for at least 22 years, and online sites for Miner fans at least a little longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT