ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Did anyone feel that very slight tremor in Central EP?

Everyone I know swears I'm crazy because I felt nothing. People are acting like it was a big deal.

Is there any shale oil drilling done in that area of the quake?
Yes sir. The priest at my church was assigned to Kermit (Mentone, TX is right near Kermit off 302 highway) for a while and it was tough for him to keep young men in the oil work focused on doing long term goals with all that money they were making. He tried to get them to stash it in savings and retirement accounts but when your in your early 20's and you have sex, drugs and rock n roll dancing in your face that is hard to do. I would have wasted it. Drugs were everywhere and readily available he told me.

Anyways, here is an article from the company doing fracking in Kermit area.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...on-based-company-plans-frac-sand-11003876.php

Reactions: UTEPy79
In an effort to inform or instill fear, some media carrier in EP mentioned the existence of an earthquake fault line that runs down Alabama St Who knew?

In an effort to inform or instill fear, some media carrier in EP mentioned the existence of an earthquake fault line that runs down Alabama St Who knew?
Central peeps know this growing up. Science teachers at Clendenin and Basset Middle (on Alabama) teach this with receipts!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I must've slept through that class at Bassett when I attended a half century ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT