ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Do you believe those announcers?

Imaminer

MI Regular
Feb 5, 2003
I have never seen anything like the home cooking by the two TBS announcers for North Carolina. Never do I recall seeing a national championship game where all of the highlights post game were of the LOSERS! After a commercial break they came back and showed the highlights of Carolina's wins over opponents in the tournament. Unbelievable. And I've thought I'd seen it all, but this one takes the cake.

Reactions: LaserCoog
Believe me, I made the mistake myself when the game first started. I was watching the Direct TV ch. 245 and was thinking, "Am I hearing this right, total homerism for the Tarheels." Then I realized they had 3 different channels for the Tarheel fans, Wildcat fans and the regular broadcast which had Raftery and Grant Hill. I think this is the first time they've ever done this, didn't really care for it, preferred the regular broadcast. But what a damn game!

Reactions: JeepJackson22
I was thinking the same thing. Saw the game on tbs and the announcers were so annoying. They were complaining about the fouls that went against Carolina. I'm glad Nova won the game.

I have never seen anything like the home cooking by the two TBS announcers for North Carolina. Never do I recall seeing a national championship game where all of the highlights post game were of the LOSERS! After a commercial break they came back and showed the highlights of Carolina's wins over opponents in the tournament. Unbelievable. And I've thought I'd seen it all, but this one takes the cake.

TNT was showing the Carolina broadcast. That's why they were pro-Carolina. TruTV had the Nova broadcast and TBS had the national telecast.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeepJackson22
Believe me, I made the mistake myself when the game first started. I was watching the Direct TV ch. 245 and was thinking, "Am I hearing this right, total homerism for the Tarheels." Then I realized they had 3 different channels for the Tarheel fans, Wildcat fans and the regular broadcast which had Raftery and Grant Hill. I think this is the first time they've ever done this, didn't really care for it, preferred the regular broadcast. But what a damn game!

This isn't the first year, they've done this for a couple of years now.

Yeah true tv feed was def pro Villanova. I thought it was weird since I didn't really know they had channels for homers. Usually I'm watching these games at a buffalo wild wings so I don't usually hear the commentary

I thought this was the first year they did this too - why don't they advertise this leading up to the games??? Everyone at the bar I was at was thoroughly confused.

The championship game on Monday was the first time it was televised on cable. It goes back to CBS next year, alternating with TBS until 2024 (maybe 2032?). The ratings were down 34% from last year.
http://deadspin.com/sources-cbs-tur...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Well those sombitches missed one helluva game! I had no dog in the fight (although I was pulling for Nova), but that game was fantastic. One of the best I've seen in the last 25 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT