ADVERTISEMENT

OT Favorite Encounters With An Athlete/Musician/Actor

He said that he had never seen him in person, only his stand up on the show. Kind of denigrates your opinion if you have actually never seen him in person. But in Fili's defense, it is kind of the same, so it just may not be his cup of tea, which is fair.

I get it because there are many highly rated shows that I don't like.

Auto Boy, it seems like you’ve met several famous people and you’re pretty into what you do. What would say is the trick to meeting them at events or in the public? Is there anywhere specific you try to go? I’m just curious.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Auto Boy, it seems like you’ve met several famous people and you’re pretty into what you do. What would say is the trick to meeting them at events or in the public? Is there anywhere specific you try to go? I’m just curious.

There really is no trick. A lot of it is just research. Join autograph forums and look around. See what time an artist does soundcheck, when is the best time to wait, what vehicle their arrive in, and what their habits are with signing. A lot of it is just a waiting game. There are times when I waited hours without meeting anybody and other times I have waited 30 minutes and I was successful.

Some people go to airports to wait and I don't do that. Many people fly private so you will never see them. I don't like wrestling, but you can meet a lot of wrestlers that way.

You can also try where the team is staying and wait outside by the bus. I did this one time in Phoenix when I saw the Rockets, but it was a lot of waiting around. You have to really be patient.

My favorite is AAA baseball because it's the easiest and you will have a lot of success. Just wait by the dugouts and you will get autographs. You can also wait outside after the game, but you just have to be able to recognize the players. I get around 2,500 autographs a year and trade with others around the country who don't see the players I see. There are about 4 other regulars at the games and it's always a fun time!

I also enjoy getting the former NBA and NFL players at UTEP and NMSU games. Those coaches are always happy to sign and enjoy it because it brings back memories for them.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT