ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gas Prices

Oil companies made about $174 BILLION in profits last year. This year they're on track to make more than that. There are ZERO reasons for regular folks to be paying a premium at the pumps while Big Oil feels no hit. Don’t be fooled into thinking higher gas prices=Ukrainian solidarity. Capitalism is a scam.

Big Oil

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Oil companies made about $174 BILLION in profits last year. This year they're on track to make more than that. There are ZERO reasons for regular folks to be paying a premium at the pumps while Big Oil feels no hit. Don’t be fooled into thinking higher gas prices=Ukrainian solidarity. Capitalism is a scam.

Big Oil

I dont know what this means. Should companies aim for zero profit? Should they not sale their product for the price that people are willing to pay?

What about the time when oil was $30 a barrel and oil sector jobs were cut and even going under?

Alot of times when business is excellent it helps it survive when business is poor

Reactions: MinerFan79
Saudi Arabia wants Biden to come on bended knee and approve of their slaughter in Yemen, something that would be very costly to American moral standing in the world.

The result is more money for Putin’s war machine and the Saudi crown prince, and a significant increase in the chances an oil-industry-friendly Republican Congress will be installed next year and a Putin/Saudi-friendly Republican President will win election in 2024.

“In the second year of his presidency, Trump had blown up the Iran nuclear deal that Obama had a hand in fashioning, letting us all think it was because he was trying to erase Obama’s legacy. But the real and immediate impact of Trump’s decision was to pull almost 3 million barrels of Iranian oil a day off the world market, boosting profits for Russia, Saudi Arabia and the US fossil fuel industry……Which brings us to today, with oil prices soaring. When President Biden tried to reach out to our allies, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, to ask them to restore the production they’d cut under threat from Trump, both refused to take his call, according to press reports.”

“In the second year of his presidency, Trump had blown up the Iran nuclear deal that Obama had a hand in fashioning, letting us all think it was because he was trying to erase Obama’s legacy. But the real and immediate impact of Trump’s decision was to pull almost 3 million barrels of Iranian oil a day off the world market, boosting profits for Russia, Saudi Arabia and the US fossil fuel industry……Which brings us to today, with oil prices soaring. When President Biden tried to reach out to our allies, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, to ask them to restore the production they’d cut under threat from Trump, both refused to take his call, according to press reports.”
Garbage.

"according to press reports" CNN? USAToday? NYTimes?

A little neutral opinion would be awesome. Fact 1. Gas prices were very low while Trump was in office. Fact 2 US oil production was very high while Trump was in office. Fact 3 Trump REDUCED our dependency on foreign oil thus keeping our prices low. Fact 4 gas prices started to climb the very day Biden won the election. Fact 5 biden has limited our ability to produce and transport oil efficiently in our own country. Fact 6 supply and demand DID help with keeping gas prices low. Fact 7 biden is trying to work with foreign countries to produce oil instead of working with US companies.
Gotta question for you folks that are on the "the global economy controls the cost of oil" train. I saw an interview with a dude from Juarez a couple days ago. Gas prices are $1.50 per gallon CHEAPER in Juarez than El Paso. Oh hey.....didja know they buy the most of their oil from the USA? So, why is it cheaper? Maybe we are fed a bunch of BS?

Look guys, I get it. The VAST majority on here are hardcore, got my blinders on, leftist. You hate Trump with a purple passion. Whatever floats your boat, but please open your eyes at what has happened to our country AND our economy. Blaming Covid as the whole reason for inflation is as narrow minded as me saying Covid has nothing to do with it. Blaming the war on rising gas prices is just as ignorant as me saying supply and demand had nothing to do with it. I don't expect to be able to convince you to totally change your views, but I would hope like hell you could be objective and fair. I would bet if any of you took political parties out of all of this, you would view it differently. Yeah, I know....you don't have to say it.....

Have a great weekend...peace...

Gas prices increased the day Trump took office too. Ten days into the job and prices were .55 per gallon more expansive than they were a year ago in February of 2016. By 2018, his second year in office, prices had jumped around .50 - .70 per gallon more than they were in 2016. 2019 was more of the same, higher prices than 2016.

Then the pandemic started in 2020 and all people remember is how low gas was during Trump's presidency.

Gas prices increased the day Trump took office too. Ten days into the job and prices were .55 per gallon more expansive than they were a year ago in February of 2016. By 2018, his second year in office, prices had jumped around .50 - .70 per gallon more than they were in 2016. 2019 was more of the same, higher prices than 2016.

Then the pandemic started in 2020 and all people remember is how low gas was during Trump's presidency.

How are you enjoying riding your bike to work ? Is that Trumps fault?

Reactions: kickballpro
How are you enjoying riding your bike to work ? Is that Trumps fault?
Since the war started it's costing me an extra $15 a week in gas. Not really a big deal. Since Biden won election and right before the pandemic started it's costing an extra $10 or so a week. Once again, not life changing money.

I don't blame Trump for anything other than being a shady individual who didn't behave the way I expect a President to.

Since the war started it's costing me an extra $15 a week in gas. Not really a big deal. Since Biden won election and right before the pandemic started it's costing an extra $10 or so a week. Once again, not life changing money.

I don't blame Trump for anything other than being a shady individual who didn't behave the way I expect a President to.
I guess for your groceries, the Lone star card isn’t taking inflation into account ?

Your analysis is too simplistic and doesn't take into account the real reasons behind pulling out of the nuclear deal. It was a horrendously bad deal in the first place.
Obama’s “wishful thinking” about the region was never more fully on display than when he speculated that his nuclear agreement with Tehran ought to allow the Iranians and the Saudis time to learn “to share” the region; it has, of course, done the opposite. The agreement—and the Iranian perception of that accord as a Western green light for its continuing aggression—has thrown jet fuel on the sectarian strife that Iran’s clerical regime has so malevolently encouraged. The Syrian war went from bad to catastrophic while Obama was engaged in his secret and then open diplomacy with Tehran. Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, and most probably Turkey, too—the only Muslim power in the Middle East that has the industrial capacity to check Iran’s clerical regime—started down the nuclear path because of Obama’s accord.

Obama provided the agreement that Ali Akbar Salehi was searching for. Salehi, the MIT-educated nuclear guru and negotiator who would be better described as Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s bomb maker, sought the time and money to perfect the development of high-velocity centrifuges which, once deployed in small, easily concealed cascades, will guarantee the Islamic Republic an unstoppable means to produce weapons-grade uranium.

The main underlying failure is that you do not recognize that the removal of US sanctions, which were put in place by Trump, will not stabilize the Middle East at all. To open up the global financial sector and commodity markets to Iran will be a major mistake, as it gives the extremist regime a new lease on life, while hydrocarbon revenues will be pushed not only into the Iranian economy but also to military procurement, development of ballistic missile systems, drones, and the financing of Iranian proxies in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, and Yemen. The financial gains of the Iranian government will not lead to a push for democratization or strengthen the public interests of Iranians.

The obvious reason, which you believe, for appeasing Iran is to bring additional volumes of crude oil, condensates, and natural gas onto the market. The optimism about Iran’s capabilities in regards to this, however, is misplaced. There will be no Tsunami of new Iranian oil hitting the market. Even under US sanctions, Iran has been exporting vast volumes, almost all heading to Asian clients, such as China. To expect an additional 1-2 million bpd of Iranian oil, partly to counter the possible removal of Russian Urals under sanctions, is completely unrealistic. The vast floating storage volumes, as has been reported by some already, are not the products, crude, or quality the market will be looking for.

To sacrifice security worldwide, to expand Iran’s power projections in the Middle East, and to increase the power of Raisi is the cost of a nuclear deal right now. The benefit of such a deal would likely be a short-lived 1 percent boost in the global oil supply. Western politicians and leaders are known for their short-term visions, but Ukraine is an example of how other players on the world stage appear to be considering much longer timelines. Short-term gains of around $8 per barrel are expected, but this price increase could lead to a much higher mid-term price spike if the Middle East, already facing the prospect of food shortages, is destabilized by a revived Iranian regime.

I'm a never trumper.... Everyone knows I hate that cock sucker.

Let's get started....

First of all, crude oil was at a negative price during the pandemic.... We overpaid for the little gas we used during the pandemic. Look up FIFO vs LIFO to understand why that happened. We got screwed as consumers and it is happening at a worse rate now. Don't give me that BS about that damn pipeline (biden did screw the pooch on that one, though) it wouldn't be operating by now anyways.

Next

Obama's Dow Jones grew 25% a year over his eight years
trump grew 25% per year over 4 years
Biden grew 18% in year one

Overall, the average dow jones growth rate is about 10% per year, which is evident since the stock market hit 10k 23 years ago to the date and is at 33k today..... That is 230% growth in 23 years. That is 10% per year. During that time, we had 2 great recessions, so the past 3 presidents have been able to keep this economy up.. If you look at the peak of the stock market right before the first big recession till today, we'd still be at a growth rate of 13%. At some point something gotta give (401k investors)

inflation

It isn't stimulus checks that set us on inflation, but more the fact that we had 0% interest from the fed for the past THIRTEEN years

Last... Ukraine vs Russia

Don't give me that BS that if trump was president this war wouldn't have happened. This was going to happen no matter who was president . The difference is a lot of the trumpers would be all onboard for this war because trump would have put his spin on it and told them how great this would be for America and how Ukraine was against him during the elections. Gas prices would not be as high as they are now, because no sanctions would have been put on the rooskies. Trumpers would be cheering on Russia right now if trump was president and you all know this is true, sadly.

Let's get started....

First of all, crude oil was at a negative price during the pandemic.... We overpaid for the little gas we used during the pandemic. Look up FIFO vs LIFO to understand why that happened. We got screwed as consumers and it is happening at a worse rate now. Don't give me that BS about that damn pipeline (biden did screw the pooch on that one, though) it wouldn't be operating by now anyways.

Next

Overall, the average dow jones growth rate is about 10% per year, which is evident since the stock market hit 10k 23 years ago to the date and is at 33k today..... That is 230% growth in 23 years. That is 10% per year. During that time, we had 2 great recessions, so the past 3 presidents have been able to keep this economy up.. If you look at the peak of the stock market right before the first big recession till today, we'd still be at a growth rate of 13%. At some point something gotta give (401k investors)

inflation

It isn't stimulus checks that set us on inflation, but more the fact that we had 0% interest from the fed for the past THIRTEEN years

Don't give me that BS that if trump was president this war wouldn't have happened. This was going to happen no matter who was president . The difference is a lot of the trumpers would be all onboard for this war because trump would have put his spin on it and told them how great this would be for America and how Ukraine was against him during the elections. Gas prices would not be as high as they are now, because no sanctions would have been put on the rooskies. Trumpers would be cheering on Russia right now if trump was president and you all know this is true, sadly.
This clown claims to be a republican (probably because everyone he hangs with is republican) yet not ONE word in favor of a republican view. Funny how you come up with a defensive stance for everything democrat.
I won't sit here and defend Trump. I will however tell you straight up that while he is a jackass, he sure the hell was doing his best for OUR entire country.

Let's get started....

Next

inflation

Saying that this war would have happened no matter who is President is Hypothetical.

We don't know what would have happened with gas prices because there were Executive Orders signed day one and there is no way to undo that to analyze if it had an impact.

Gas is over $8 a gallon in most of the UK. That's Brandon's fault somehow.

This clown claims to be a republican (probably because everyone he hangs with is republican) yet not ONE word in favor of a republican view. Funny how you come up with a defensive stance for everything democrat.
I won't sit here and defend Trump. I will however tell you straight up that while he is a jackass, he sure the hell was doing his best for OUR entire country.

Trump never did one god damned thing in the best interest of our country. Trump licked whomever's balls he had to to get what he wanted for himself whether it was Mitch McConnell's or Vladimir Putin's balls. Trump has never, ever, ever done anything for anyone other than himself and he's never cared who got ****ed over for it.

Reactions: develman
Trump never did one god damned thing in the best interest of our country. Trump licked whomever's balls he had to to get what he wanted for himself whether it was Mitch McConnell's or Vladimir Putin's balls. Trump has never, ever, ever done anything for anyone other than himself and he's never cared who got ****ed over for it.
I am by no means an expert here, but.....I seem to recall american companies reinvesting in america. Factories were once again opening up HERE. Instead of giving those jobs to countries like china, tawain, etc. He pushed for american made. That seems to be in our best interest. No?
He pushed hard for a border wall to help slow the influx of migrants. Notice I said SLOW. No barrier unguarded will totally prevent it. However. it assists our border patrol in protecting our borders. We MUST have a system in place to control immigration. Come in the correct way, not crossing the river in the middle of the night, hidden. IDK, bruh....but that seems to be in the best interest of our country. (and before you give me shit about immigration, I have lived in EP since 71. I follow rules going into mexico. They need to follow rules coming here....Oh and....my wife is an immigrant from Germany. She came here legally. Why cant they?)

It's amazing to me the blind hate some people have towards trump. I have said many times before, I am not a fan of his, but he did do a lot for us while in office. Of course, it would have been better if he could just stfu and stay in his basement like biden does. While I don't like where our country is headed with this clown in office, I also don't hate him either. I seriously don't think he is fit to be in charge, but he's a buttload better than harris....I think.

I hope Disantis runs. Dude is good. I can't do another Trump campaign.....I just can't.

Who gives a shit about what has cost in the UK.
Bottom line for the liberals out there. Just look at the country now and go back and look at it 4 years ago.
If you can’t see the difference your either lying to yourself or just a dumbass. Take your pick.

Bottom line for the liberals out there. Just look at the country now and go back and look at it 4 years ago.
If you can’t see the difference your either lying to yourself or just a dumbass. Take your pick.
Tell me how you really feel! LOL Literally laughing out loud

I personally feel much safer now than I did four years ago. Both from the general population and government officials.

I am by no means an expert here, but.....I seem to recall american companies reinvesting in america. Factories were once again opening up HERE. Instead of giving those jobs to countries like china, tawain, etc. He pushed for american made. That seems to be in our best interest. No?
He pushed hard for a border wall to help slow the influx of migrants. Notice I said SLOW. No barrier unguarded will totally prevent it. However. it assists our border patrol in protecting our borders. We MUST have a system in place to control immigration. Come in the correct way, not crossing the river in the middle of the night, hidden. IDK, bruh....but that seems to be in the best interest of our country. (and before you give me shit about immigration, I have lived in EP since 71. I follow rules going into mexico. They need to follow rules coming here....Oh and....my wife is an immigrant from Germany. She came here legally. Why cant they?)

It's amazing to me the blind hate some people have towards trump. I have said many times before, I am not a fan of his, but he did do a lot for us while in office. Of course, it would have been better if he could just stfu and stay in his basement like biden does. While I don't like where our country is headed with this clown in office, I also don't hate him either. I seriously don't think he is fit to be in charge, but he's a buttload better than harris....I think.

I hope Disantis runs. Dude is good. I can't do another Trump campaign.....I just can't.
Were factories really opening here?

I dont know why we still use cars. In Europe they travel by train and take Subways. They dont need a car. New Yorkers don't need cars.

I dont know why we still use cars. In Europe they travel by train and take Subways. They dont need a car. New Yorkers don't need cars.

Aside from the Northeast, this country (Texas being a great example) was built with cars in mind. The infrastructure for mass transit is not there. The cities are not built with mass transit in mind, people don't want to live on top of each other or share a wall with a neighbor. Plus, we want the freedom to go wherever we want, whenever we want and not be constrained to mass transit schedule or foot print.
The bullet train from Laredo to Dallas has been a pipe dream since I can remember and it will never happen. Politicians are are loyal to the interest of gas companies and car manufacturers, so investing in mass transit is not a priority, especially since the constituent don't demand it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT