ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gas Prices

I'm not happy with gas prices but is it Brandon's fault gas costs $10 a gallon in other countries?
Inflation started before the war in Ukraine broke out, so he definitely has a part in prices here. Not to mention the Keystone XL Pipeline, which impacts the prices both here and abroad.

Reactions: kickballpro
Domestic oil production has dropped from 13 million barrels per day to 11 million the last 2 years. Combine that with the idiotic reason not to bring the Keystone on board. Gas prices may go down a little at the end of summer but we shot ourselves in the foot.

Inflation started before the war in Ukraine broke out, so he definitely has a part in prices here. Not to mention the Keystone XL Pipeline, which impacts the prices both here and abroad.
I blame those damn millennials and Gen Z for inflation. They should be working at factories for minimum wage instead of making tik tok videos and playing fortnight. The worker shortage has caused a heavy strain on almost every product that has seen its price increase.

You are correct that we do have a worker shortage. Baby Boomers are retiring and many young folks have not gone back to work since covid.

Reactions: kickballpro
**** joe biden **** baracky with the good hair **** wild bill clinton. it's all their fault. **** all democrats. all they want is what's good for all of us. who the **** wants that.

**** joe biden **** baracky with the good hair **** wild bill clinton. it's all their fault. **** all democrats. all they want is what's good for all of us. who the **** wants that.

You're right. They want what is good for all of us.

But not all of us agree that they should be the decider of what is good for us.

We have a gasoline and diesel export problem. Oil production in the US has increased by a million barrels a day. The Strategic Reserve adds another million barrels of oil a day. Yet gas prices have gone up. The problem is we are exporting 25% of US production. Oil companies are selling to the highest bidder. That keeps US inventory low and prices up.

FYI, President Biden didn’t shut down the Keystone XL. It was Donald Trump’s Supreme Court that killed it. The Supreme Court upheld a lower court’s ruling killing one of their permits. President Biden’s day one announcement regarding the Keystone XL was ceremony at best. The Keystone XL would be shut down even if Trump was re-elected.

We have less days of inventory and stock. We are exporting too much. Inventory and demand set gas prices. We should not be exporting record amounts of gas and oil when we are paying record amounts of prices for gas and diesel.

Last edited:
Why are you still referencing the discredited Russian bounties story in your signature?

Last edited:
You're right. They want what is good for all of us.

But not all of us agree that they should be the decider of what is good for us.

We have a gasoline and diesel export problem. Oil production in the US has increased by a million barrels a day. The Strategic Reserve adds another million barrels of oil a day. Yet gas prices have gone up. The problem is we are exporting 25% of US production. Oil companies are selling to the highest bidder. That keeps US inventory low and prices up.
Incorrect per the US Energy Information Administration, in 2021 The Us imported about 6.11 million b/d of crude oil and exported 2.9 million b/b of crude. Our internal production went from 13 million per day to now 12. And robbing our Strategic Reserve is idiotic because that is to be used in emergency situations. Well I guess Having a bubble headed President is an emergency. In fact Bubble Head signed numerous executive orders curtailing fossil fuel production in his first couple of weeks in office (See National Law Review 2/5/2021).
FYI, President Biden didn’t shut down the Keystone XL. It was Donald Trump’s Supreme Court that killed it. The Supreme Court upheld a lower court’s ruling killing one of their permits. President Biden’s day one announcement regarding the Keystone was ceremony at best. The Keystone would be shut down even if Trump was re-elected.
Biden on his first day in office cancelled the Presidential Permit so that a pipeline can be built from Canada to the US. The Pipeline Company (Trans Canada) shortly thereafter, decided it wasn't worth the fight anymore. Canada is now planning to build a pipeline to it's west coast to export to China. I don't agree that if Trump was re-elected that the Keystone would be shut down. (See Forbes 4/5/2022). Trans Canada was confident that the Supreme Court case you stated would be overturned.
We have less days of inventory and stock. We are exporting too much. Inventory and demand set gas prices. We should not be exporting record amounts of gas and oil when we are paying record amounts of prices for gas and diesel.
Bottom line our demand outstrips our supply eventhough we are now a Net Importer. I have been in the energy industry for 30 years and It is much, much harder to produce oil and build pipelines than ever before. Biden has put people in power of Federal Agencies that are very much anti fossil fuels and their agencies stop production and transportation for the flimsiest of reasons. By the way, read API article Why the US Must Import and Export Oil (June 14, 2018). It's not as simple as you try to make it out.

I hope no one thinks this President is friendly to the fossil fuel industry. He stated last week that high gas prices are good because it will wean us away from fossil fuels and his Energy Secretary says everyone should just buy a Tesla. My plan is simple, instead of asking Venezuela and the Saudis to produce more, just ask Texas and Oklahoma and tear up your idiotic restrictions. Bottom line: We have the ability to be energy independent like we were a couple of years ago. We are currently our own worst enemy.

Don't want to start a war of words but everyone ought to know the truth

Last edited:
Reactions: MinersWon

FYI, President Biden didn’t shut down the Keystone XL. It was Donald Trump’s Supreme Court that killed it. The Supreme Court upheld a lower court’s ruling killing one of their permits. President Biden’s day one announcement regarding the Keystone was ceremony at best. The Keystone would be shut down even if Trump was re-elected.

Former wheat harvest crew member here. If that oil tar sand stuff (has in it which causes cancer) got into the worlds largest American water aquifer, The Ogallala Aquifers, we would be so incredibly screwed. The water surface is near the top.

Second, here is a great article I would like to share:

1. Opinion

Truthful conversation needed about the Keystone Pipeline | Opinion​

Published: Jun. 06, 2022, 8:54 a.m.
facebook

twitter

By Guest editorial
By Calvin Clements

Springtime on a cattle farm is a busy time. Pregnancy checks, calves coming, synchronization for breeding and artificial insemination. So when my phone rang the other day and I took time out to talk to friend, I hoped it was important. We differ politically, but I respect his beliefs. After a few minutes of small talk, we got to the crux of the call. He wanted to lodge his complaint about the high gas prices and the fact that Joe Biden shut down the Keystone Pipeline.

I had to stop him immediately and ask where he acquired his information. He assured me it was highly accurate because the Republican Legislature in Harrisburg had passed a resolution asking that the Keystone Pipeline be turned back on! Really, can you imagine 28 state senators failed to do their homework and are wrong? You can’t turn on what was never shut off.

So, here are some true facts. The Keystone Pipeline opened in June of 2010. The pipeline extends from Hardisty, Alberta, and ends in Roxana and Patoka, Illinois. It delivers tar sands crude oil. The Keystone Pipeline delivers 675,000 barrels daily. At least three additional phases of the pipeline have been constructed and commissioned since 2010. The last phase in 2017 ended in Houston. All four segments of the original Keystone Pipeline are open and fully operational.

President Biden did not shut down the Keystone Pipeline. In January of 2021, he cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline. Only 8 percent of the pipeline had been constructed in Canada. The project would have taken four to five years to complete. Cancellation came on the heels of concerns that the burning of oil sands hasten environmental changes that significantly contribute to global warming.

Environmental groups have projected that similar dollar investments in renewable energy sources would yield as many good paying jobs, provide equal – if not greater energy resources and significantly reduce environmental impact.

Gas prices have greatly accelerated from mid-pandemic levels when no one was driving, and gas was $1.68/gallon. A barrel of oil could barely fetch $20 below the cost of production. Obviously, new drilling was not going to happen in a market that did not yield profit. The United States has been, and continues to be, the number one oil producer in the world, but when drilling ceased the marketplace was set up for a rapid stockpile depletion when demand returned. Unfortunately, unforeseen geopolitical issues have also greatly affected the world supply.

I have often said that we control the price of utilities to ensure availability and fair pricing. I believe that the same controls are necessary for the oil and gas industry. A utilities style commission would promote continued exploration and drilling and guarantee fair profits and fair market prices.

I suspect that we all have our favorite theories for the cause of rising gas prices but telling inaccurate stories isn’t helpful and very divisive. We expect our leaders to be forthright regardless of political party.

Calvin Clements, DVM,CCRP, writes from Palmyra, Pa.

Former wheat harvest crew member here. If that oil tar sand stuff (has in it which causes cancer) got into the worlds largest American water aquifer, The Ogallala Aquifers, we would be so incredibly screwed. The water surface is near the top.

1. Opinion

facebook

twitter

By Guest editorial
By Calvin Clements

Springtime on a cattle farm is a busy time. Pregnancy checks, calves coming, synchronization for breeding and artificial insemination. So when my phone rang the other day and I took time out to talk to friend, I hoped it was important. We differ politically, but I respect his beliefs. After a few minutes of small talk, we got to the crux of the call. He wanted to lodge his complaint about the high gas prices and the fact that Joe Biden shut down the Keystone Pipeline.

I had to stop him immediately and ask where he acquired his information. He assured me it was highly accurate because the Republican Legislature in Harrisburg had passed a resolution asking that the Keystone Pipeline be turned back on! Really, can you imagine 28 state senators failed to do their homework and are wrong? You can’t turn on what was never shut off.

So, here are some true facts. The Keystone Pipeline opened in June of 2010. The pipeline extends from Hardisty, Alberta, and ends in Roxana and Patoka, Illinois. It delivers tar sands crude oil. The Keystone Pipeline delivers 675,000 barrels daily. At least three additional phases of the pipeline have been constructed and commissioned since 2010. The last phase in 2017 ended in Houston. All four segments of the original Keystone Pipeline are open and fully operational.

President Biden did not shut down the Keystone Pipeline. In January of 2021, he cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline. Only 8 percent of the pipeline had been constructed in Canada. The project would have taken four to five years to complete. Cancellation came on the heels of concerns that the burning of oil sands hasten environmental changes that significantly contribute to global warming.

Environmental groups have projected that similar dollar investments in renewable energy sources would yield as many good paying jobs, provide equal – if not greater energy resources and significantly reduce environmental impact.

Gas prices have greatly accelerated from mid-pandemic levels when no one was driving, and gas was $1.68/gallon. A barrel of oil could barely fetch $20 below the cost of production. Obviously, new drilling was not going to happen in a market that did not yield profit. The United States has been, and continues to be, the number one oil producer in the world, but when drilling ceased the marketplace was set up for a rapid stockpile depletion when demand returned. Unfortunately, unforeseen geopolitical issues have also greatly affected the world supply.

I have often said that we control the price of utilities to ensure availability and fair pricing. I believe that the same controls are necessary for the oil and gas industry. A utilities style commission would promote continued exploration and drilling and guarantee fair profits and fair market prices.

I suspect that we all have our favorite theories for the cause of rising gas prices but telling inaccurate stories isn’t helpful and very divisive. We expect our leaders to be forthright regardless of political party.

Calvin Clements, DVM,CCRP, writes from Palmyra, Pa.

Former wheat harvest crew member here. If that oil tar sand stuff (has carcinogenic chemicals in it which causes cancer) got into the worlds largest American water aquifer, The Ogallala Aquifers, we would be so incredibly screwed. The water surface is near the top.

1. Opinion

By Guest editorial
By Calvin Clements

Calvin Clements, DVM,CCRP, writes from Palmyra,

Last edited:
That guy is a liberal elitist tool. That's why liberals are becoming more disconnected from the world.

"I have to argue with idiots who are misinformed about the Keystone Pipeline. What those uninformed lunatics should say is Keystone XL."

Reactions: MinersWon
I don't agree that if Trump was re-elected that the Keystone would be shut down. (See Forbes 4/5/2022). Trans Canada was confident that the Supreme Court case you stated would be overturned.

How? It was Donald Trump’s Supreme Court that dealt the deathblow during his presidency. Why didn’t Trump or anyone else do anything to overturn the decision during his last six months in office?

Most oil executives say Wall Street — not the government — is preventing US energy producers from boosting output more​

I’ll admit I was not a fan of Donald Trump. That doesn’t mean I am an equal parts supporter of Joe Biden. I think we should all be honest and critique our government fairly. That said, my pocketbook, my neighbors, and my future income come before any allegiance to a political party. I see a lot of people citing events in 2021, 2019, and 2014 for the gas prices of today. Seems like a reach to blame Joe Biden.

Most oil executives say Wall Street — not the government — is preventing US energy producers from boosting output more​

I’ll admit I was not a fan of Donald Trump. That doesn’t mean I am an equal parts supporter of Joe Biden. I think we should all be honest and critique our government fairly. That said, my pocketbook, my neighbors, and my future income come before any allegiance to a political party. I see a lot of people citing events in 2021, 2019, and 2014 for the gas prices of today. Seems like a reach to blame Joe Biden.

A reach?

Do you think if gas was $5+ under Trump that Jimmy Kimmel would say that the economy is roaring and all of the negative issues have nothing to do with Trump?

A reach?

Do you think if gas was $5+ under Trump that Jimmy Kimmel would say that the economy is roaring and all of the negative issues have nothing to do with Trump?
I don’t know. Again, I’m not aligned with a political party or politician. I don’t care about ‘mean tweets’ or the ‘mainstream media.’ I prefer listening to people in the actual industry than late night talk show hosts.

Reactions: axingfools1
I don’t know. Again, I’m not aligned with a political party or politician. I don’t care about ‘mean tweets’ or the ‘mainstream media.’ I prefer listening to people in the actual industry than late night talk show hosts.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. The Parkland Shooting, Covid Deaths, riots, etc... the coverage was nonstop finger pointing at one person.

Reactions: axingfools1
Why cant they make cars that run in water or trash?? Didnt they make cars like that?

Why can't they make cars that run on renewable energy like solar power or wind? I mean, the sun shines and the wind blows pretty naturally unless there's a Sharpie around.

Reactions: develman
Why can't they make cars that run on renewable energy like solar power or wind? I mean, the sun shines and the wind blows pretty naturally unless there's a Sharpie around.
There’s no “incentive” to do so or certain companies will buy out the patent to protect their own products.

Traveling from LA back to El Paso. 6.69 in Blythe. 6.39 in Rancho Cucamonga, where we stayed. Did find a Ralph's that was 5.99

Would gas prices go down, if everyone just decided not to drive for a week?? Like a drivers strike??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT