ADVERTISEMENT

OT: In Case You’re Lost

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
http://crimsoncountry.proboards.com/threads/recent

There has been an unusual high amount of posts regarding the aggies from less cruces. In case you didn’t know they have a message board themselves that you can join and talk NMSU with. It’s strange but they don’t have a single thread about Utep over there. Anyways they have had some success lately compared to UTEP. But at the end of the day it’s been close to 50 years since they have officially won an NCAA tournament game. It had been 50 years since they made a bowl game. By all means leave your UTEP fandom at the door and jump on the aggie bandwagon.

Um NO, I disagree. Don't leave your UTEP fandom at the door. Embrace it, but it's ok to give the Aggs kudos for doing well. I think that's the problem. Too many people leave their UTEP fandom when things aren't going well. Before anyone gets all bent out of shape, THESE ARE MY WORDS AND MY OPINIONS !!!! Be proud a New Chapter for Miner fans up ahead. Picks up !!!

Reactions: El Paso 777
Um NO, I disagree. Don't leave your UTEP fandom at the door. Embrace it, but it's ok to give the Aggs kudos for doing well. I think that's the problem. Too many people leave their UTEP fandom when things aren't going well. Before anyone gets all bent out of shape, THESE ARE MY WORDS AND MY OPINIONS !!!! Be proud a New Chapter for Miner fans up ahead. Picks up !!!
That’s fine go and give the aggies kudos over on their board. Go to the Texas message board and find one thread of them congratulating Oklahoma on making the playoffs. Or go on the ODU board and read all the “nice” things they write about their biggest rival VCU. Despite VCU having made the tournament seven years in a row you will not find one ODU fan patting the VCU fans backs. The hate is real between those two regional rivals.

We don't gotta give the Aggies kudos. They sure as hell didn't when UTEP was a top 25 team during Price era. I don't remember them coming over and jocking when the Miners upset top 12 Houston. NMSU finally made a bowl. Big deal. Their bb program has had good success. Aside from that, we don't need to drool over the Aggies for anything. I say Go Miners! To hell with NMSU.

I say to hell with the team from the impoverished school in Las Cruces. They're a different school in a different conference. Let them go celebrate on their own board.

Reactions: unihorn
I say to hell with the team from the impoverished school in Las Cruces. They're a different school in a different conference. Let them go celebrate on their own board.

Impoverished school? What the heck are you talking about?

Do you all even read the crap you all cry about in here?!? Always a stupid pissing match, what you can and cant talk about, etc... If your life is soo miserable and get bent out of shape over someone else's opinion... find a new place to complain, gripe, cry. Sorry if any bystanders get hit by this rant. It's ment for the usual snowflakes angry at the world.

Do you all even read the crap you all cry about in here?!? Always a stupid pissing match, what you can and cant talk about, etc... If your life is soo miserable and get bent out of shape over someone else's opinion... find a new place to complain, gripe, cry. Sorry if any bystanders get hit by this rant. It's ment for the usual snowflakes angry at the world.

Aggy?

So I guess you're on here to bring "glad tidings of joy" during this holiday season to UTEP fans? I sincerely do not think so.

JOY !!!! Not so much, but perhaps something constructive, something with some thought, or something of interest to Utep athletics, even if it deals with NMSU sports. Yes it is relevant to UTEP. Not just a bunch of crying and telling people to go post on their site. Who cares if they don't post anything or even care about UTEP. Typical El Paso fans Cry when they're down and complain when change is made. Anyway, some clowns just want to pick fights and act like little kids. As I always state, if this applies to you own it. It it does not, ignore and move on. PICKS UP !!!

I don't wanna get in the middle of this because the feuding is dumb, but a few points.

1. The Aggie posting seems a bit much.

2. The occasional reference to other teams/thingd is fine with me, especially when not a lot is going on.

3. WTF. The Miners and Aggies should be reversed unless there's something I don't know. Is Cruces considered more desirable? I wouldn't think so. I am curious as to what they're doing, but only for selfish reasons. I want the success they're having for the Miners.

If nothing else I view this as an interesting case study. You have a school with less money. Lesser conference, lesser Prestige kicking ass on a bigger School. Clearly you have good leadership at one school and piss poor leadership at the other. I'm happy for the Aggies. I wish our team would do better but the last 12 years have been an absolute disaster because of our leadership. Again I don't mind people bragging on here about the Aggies. It just shows how piss-poor we have been. What could have been if we only had forward-thinking leadership from the president on down

If nothing else I view this as an interesting case study. You have a school with less money. Lesser conference, lesser Prestige kicking ass on a bigger School. Clearly you have good leadership at one school and piss poor leadership at the other. I'm happy for the Aggies. I wish our team would do better but the last 12 years have been an absolute disaster because of our leadership. Again I don't mind people bragging on here about the Aggies. It just shows how piss-poor we have been. What could have been if we only had forward-thinking leadership from the president on down
Another thing is it shows is how quickly things can change. It wasn't that long ago when we were the team ridding high.

I hope the aggies enjoy their bowl game cuz it will be the last one. Without a conference starting next year they will not have a landing spot if they get lucky again and finish .500. Their leadership sure is doing things right huh. I give them four years max before they’re in the fcs.
Thank you for making my point. With all their own disadvantages they had succeeded and we have failed. Yes leadership is the reason why. And don't be so sure they will fail at football also. Many people predicted failure after they were stuck in the wac in basketball but they have succeeded. Leadership can cover a multitude of sins.

Successful leaders find a way to succeed. Unfortunately we have just had the opposite situation at our school.

Last edited:
I have a question.

Have we developed such a sensitivity that merely pointing out some of the successes of our only true existing rival, as a point of comparison, is equivalent to being an actual Aggie fan?

In my own opinion there is a world of difference between celebrating NMSU's success and mentioning it as a point of reference in relation to our own recent lack there of.

Not sure why axingfools got jumped on either. The point of his post was very clear in my view. Seems to me the vitriol should be pointed in the direction of two posters in particular, who do not much other than try to get a rise out of people. And it appears to be working. Instead of full blown censorship, maybe certain posters should become wise in the ways of using the "ignore" function.

Subtract the NMSU posts from those two and there really aren't that many, especially that emphasize any Aggie qualities.

I have a question.

Have we developed such a sensitivity that merely pointing out some of the successes of our only true existing rival, as a point of comparison, is equivalent to being an actual Aggie fan?

In my own opinion there is a world of difference between celebrating NMSU's success and mentioning it as a point of reference in relation to our own recent lack there of.

Not sure why axingfools got jumped on either. The point of his post was very clear in my view. Seems to me the vitriol should be pointed in the direction of two posters in particular, who do not much other than try to get a rise out of people. And it appears to be working. Instead of full blown censorship, maybe certain posters should become wise in the ways of using the "ignore" function.

Subtract the NMSU posts from those two and there really aren't that many, especially that emphasize any Aggie qualities.

1. There are like 12 posters on here, so I don’t ignore any or it’d be eight of us talking to each other.

2. A couple of said posters are aggy-loving trolls, which is tiresome.

3. Good posters occasionally referencing aggy is fine; aggroid trolls aren’t.

To be fair, Carlos and Bob are not Aggie lovers. They do this strictly to get under everyone’s skin. Pretty effectively at that.

Pretending to be an aggy-lover to get a reaction is backward, trollish behavior — a clear marker of aggydom.

http://crimsoncountry.proboards.com/threads/recent

There has been an unusual high amount of posts regarding the aggies from less cruces. In case you didn’t know they have a message board themselves that you can join and talk NMSU with. It’s strange but they don’t have a single thread about Utep over there. Anyways they have had some success lately compared to UTEP. But at the end of the day it’s been close to 50 years since they have officially won an NCAA tournament game. It had been 50 years since they made a bowl game. By all means leave your UTEP fandom at the door and jump on the aggie bandwagon.

The last year the Miners won a tournament game, 1992, the Aggies also went to the sweet 16. How is that 50 years?
Again, you don't have to read the posts. It actually would be really boring just talking about UTEP athletics on here, since there really isn't much to talk about.
The biggest point is that they do not have one thread about UTEP. Which also means they are not over there relishing on the fact that they have kicked our ass in football and basketball this year. I guarantee if we beat them we would be talking trash about them. Really shows how far we have fallen.
Also shows that many of you have nothing to add about UTEP this year if you keep attacking the NMSU threads. If you did, you wouldn't be wasting all your time responding to them ad nauseam. You would just ignore them and respond to the other fifty threads about UTEP. Without the NMSU threads you would have nothing to talk about it looks like since all your time is wasted responding to them.
Again, no one is forcing you to read them, and respond to them. Move on and stop whining over and over.

I don't get the NMSU obsession on either side. I don't think they are a rival. Since 2000 the NMSU game hasn't been our highest attended football game in any season. The same is probably true in basketball. I can't think of any year the NMSU game was the highest attended basketball game. The NMSU game doesn't move the needle for most UTEP fans. I don't really see any nastiness or vitriol from either fan base during the games. I don't think we have a true rival right now. I agree with Minerdave there is nothing wrong with pointing out how a school with less than half the resources we have and serious financial problems puts out a better product than we do. It's not good idea to even acknowledge NMSU as a rival. The El Paso metro market is small enough already, propping up a non existent rivalry with NMSU just makes the market look smaller. To myself and a lot of other Miner fans, NMSU is inconsequential I don't care about them one way or another and don't think of them as a rival. I have nothing against fans who hate them, God knows we need more passion around UTEP sports.

I don't get the NMSU obsession on either side. I don't think they are a rival. Since 2000 the NMSU game hasn't been our highest attended football game in any season. The same is probably true in basketball. I can't think of any year the NMSU game was the highest attended basketball game. The NMSU game doesn't move the needle for most UTEP fans. I don't really see any nastiness or vitriol from either fan base during the games. I don't think we have a true rival right now. I agree with Minerdave there is nothing wrong with pointing out how a school with less than half the resources we have and serious financial problems puts out a better product than we do. It's not good idea to even acknowledge NMSU as a rival. The El Paso metro market is small enough already, propping up a non existent rivalry with NMSU just makes the market look smaller. To myself and a lot of other Miner fans, NMSU is inconsequential I don't care about them one way or another and don't think of them as a rival. I have nothing against fans who hate them, God knows we need more passion around UTEP sports.

Fair enough, but I disagree. They are the closest thing to a rival that we have. 210+ basketball games and nearly 100 football games against each other says so. Not even separated by an hour's drive. Both are looked upon as geographical islands by the rest of the college sports world. Very similar histories in both major sports. Perhaps it has lost some of its luster as of recent, but It is a rivalry by definition.

Reactions: develman
PS: On this Aggy/Las Cruces stuff, I have lived in Las Vegas twenty plus years now but the last few years when visiting Mom and Grams, I have noticed local news has a more Las Cruces centric aspect than I can remember, when did this start happening? Doesn't Las Cruces have local news stations?

PS: On this Aggy/Las Cruces stuff, I have lived in Las Vegas twenty plus years now but the last few years when visiting Mom and Grams, I have noticed local news has a more Las Cruces centric aspect than I can remember, when did this start happening? Doesn't Las Cruces have local news stations?

Las Cruces doesn't have a local news station.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT