ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Investing

Speaking of potential risks, I decided to try mining bitcoin. I got into the topic of bitcoin, but I was scared by the drop in prices the other day. So, I found a Bitcoin mining site, but no risk. While I'm testing, but I heard that it is not quite realistic to withdraw money to your bank card there. In general, guys, bitcoin is the future, I'm waiting for when I can pay for a plane ticket with bitcoins. With regards to the site, I will unsubscribe and soon we will find out what and how. If you are suddenly interested, write to me in private messages.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread to see if anyone here has any knowledge they would like to share on crypto. I recently started researching and buying coins.

I have 500 Cardano coins and the goal is to eventually get at least 5k of them. I think that coin has the potential to reach $5 - 10 a coin in the next few years and a long shot at 50 - 100 a coin by 2030.

Any other crypto investors?

Bumping this thread to see if anyone here has any knowledge they would like to share on crypto. I recently started researching and buying coins.

I have 500 Cardano coins and the goal is to eventually get at least 5k of them. I think that coin has the potential to reach $5 - 10 a coin in the next few years and a long shot at 50 - 100 a coin by 2030.

Any other crypto investors?

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever throw money at crypto. It's all bullshit.

But that's just me.

Reactions: Rot
I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever throw money at crypto. It's all bullshit.

But that's just me.
It's worth considering.

Ten years ago you could buy one bitcoin for under a dime. Last year each coin sold at over 65k. Imagine if you had bought 100 dollars worth of coins back then. Of course that's the grand daddy of them.

There are plenty of other examples of coins starting off for under a dime and reaching peaks into the hundreds.

If for some reason I don't find the next jackpot it's not a big loss since I've spent more money on a night out of drinks.

The best advise I got was to invest long term and build your nest egg early on in your career. I’m not a fan of these “get rich overnight” schemes.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
The best advise I got was to invest long term and build your nest egg early on in your career. I’m not a fan of these “get rich overnight” schemes.
That's the plan. Throw a hundred here a hundred there and wait to see what happens in the next five to ten years.

Reactions: axingfools1
That's the plan. Throw a hundred here a hundred there and wait to see what happens in the next five to ten years.
Yep its more like long term gambling as opposed to long term investing. I like Etherium and Cardano too, but crap like Doge and Shiba have no crypto capacity and are total hot potatos. You can make money fast, but you've got to sell high and before everybody else sells.

Reactions: JCorona
Yep its more like long term gambling as opposed to long term investing. I like Etherium and Cardano too, but crap like Doge and Shiba have no crypto capacity and are total hot potatos. You can make money fast, but you've got to sell high and before everybody else sells.
Perfectly described. There's a very simple math formula that tells us what the max value of any coin is. I like looking for coins that are in the dollar range or less with potential to reach at least $10 - $100 or more.

At this point Doge and Shiba will never amount to anything significant. It's mathematically impossible.

Perfectly described. There's a very simple math formula that tells us what the max value of any coin is. I like looking for coins that are in the dollar range or less with potential to reach at least $10 - $100 or more.

At this point Doge and Shiba will never amount to anything significant. It's mathematically impossible.

Crypto has the easiest formula to determine its value. The formula is:

[enter coin type] value = 0

That's it. They have zero value. None. Zippo. It's like religion. Believing in something that does not exist.

Reactions: develman

That's it. They have zero value. None. Zippo. It's like religion. Believing in something that does not exist.
No one is forcing you to invest in crypto. If you expect me to believe the profits my friends have made are not real, you're in for a rude awakening.

With all due respect, the overall value of something is defined by the market not by an individual. As long as people are willing and able to buy crypto it will have value. Different people value different things.

Someone here said that there is no crypto if there is no electricity. Well if society losses electricity then silver won't matter either. Food and water would be the new currency should that happen.

My point to all of this is that if you don't believe in crypto then don't buy it. People find value in different things, let them.

No one is forcing you to invest in crypto. If you expect me to believe the profits my friends have made are not real, you're in for a rude awakening.

Profits and value are different things. Crypto has no value. That doesn't mean you can't profit from playing the game. There will be profits made and losses sustained like in every gamble.

Crypto is a game like Global Thermonuclear War. But for me and others, I'll just quote Joshua. "The only winning move is not to play."

It' a slippery slope, most market traders lose their deposit in the first weeks and months. It`s necessary to learn the system, to acquire special competences and skills - and no one wants do that. That's probably why there`s a widespread opinion that exchanges and stocks are scam. For me it`s somewhat different. I started my way with studying the subject and was helped by my friend, who at that time made good money on forex and was well versed in it. I can also recommend to look at earnforex.com, for those who were long in the subject will also be useful. All in all, exchanges always require self-development and accumulation of knowledge.

Last edited:
Yes Foolie, they have “been doing good”.
They lost $135M in 2021 and then lost $1.6B in 2022. So yeah, expanding into El Paso, seems like a good idea to someone like you.

I’m glad most of my 401K is invested in the S&P 500, which has gone up 18% since the start of the year.

Reactions: axingfools1

Some people on this board are people of faith. I respect your belief, please don't belittle theirs. Thanks

Some people on this board are people of faith. I respect your belief, please don't belittle theirs. Thanks

MinerDave, no disrespect is ever intended when I post something like this. But religion is also a belief in something that doesn't exist in my view. Those who believe are, of course, free to do so and I don't stand in anyone's way. I don't block entrances to churches and I'm quiet when people of faith are praying. I always give that respect. But it's just my opinion I'm stating just like people of faith state theirs. Nothing about my comment was said in a belittling fashion.

Also, you're just now replying to my comment from a year and a half ago? Dude...

Reactions: EPUTEP
MinerDave, no disrespect is ever intended when I post something like this. But religion is also a belief in something that doesn't exist in my view. Those who believe are, of course, free to do so and I don't stand in anyone's way. I don't block entrances to churches and I'm quiet when people of faith are praying. I always give that respect. But it's just my opinion I'm stating just like people of faith state theirs. Nothing about my comment was said in a belittling fashion.

Also, you're just now replying to my comment from a year and a half ago? Dude...

Totally agree. Crypto is a scam and I don't feel sorry for anybody that loses their live savings investing in Crypto, much like NFT's.

I can relate to your comment about religion because, in my experience, the people who are the most religious are the biggest sinners.

I chuckle when people say God helped the person through surgery. No, it was the Doctor. Same thing with sports when players say God helped them win the game. I just think it's silly.

I've been investing in companies that give out dividends . I just started like 3 months ago. I'm up to $10 in Dividends. One of my friends that got me into dividends gets $600 a month. Anyone else get dividends?

I also regret that I stopped collecting sport cards. I stopped after high school way back in 2000. If I had collected Lebron James rookie cards I could have been a millionaire now. 😰😰😰 Also I hear pokemon cards is huge. I wish I new more about them.

I've been investing in companies that give out dividends . I just started like 3 months ago. I'm up to $10 in Dividends. One of my friends that got me into dividends gets $600 a month. Anyone else get dividends?

I also regret that I stopped collecting sport cards. I stopped after high school way back in 2000. If I had collected Lebron James rookie cards I could have been a millionaire now. 😰😰😰 Also I hear pokemon cards is huge. I wish I new more about them.
Passive income is the way to go. Dividends, rental property, car washes, vending machines. When I was at UTEP in the 80s, the area where Tinseltown is was selling dirt cheap, literally. It was just dirt. I wish I'd bought some.

Why would you want to buy dirt?

I read it wrong . Thought you said you bought dirt.

Which companies? So I can make sure I do the opposite.

• Haha
Reactions: jdubb66
It's fascinating to see this discussion about investing from three years ago. The investing landscape has likely undergone some changes since then, but the fundamental principles still apply.
If you've been investing over the past three years, I hope your journey has been fruitful. If not, it's never too late to start or continue. Staying informed is crucial, and platforms like Immediate Connect provide real-time market data and insights to help you make informed decisions.
As for hot investments from three years ago, the market can be dynamic and ever-changing. Diversification and long-term strategies often prove successful.

Last edited:
I remember when I was in your shoes, hungry for insights but drowning in confusion. Then a friend pointed me toward resources like BlackEagleFG.com. They helped me navigate the investment landscape with clarity. Trust me, we all start somewhere. So, if you're feeling lost, a little guidance can go a long way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT