ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next Big Thing for El Paso?

What will be El Paso's next big thing to come?

• State of the Art Aquarium

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Great Wolf Lodge / Other form of new waterpark

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • New Amusement Park

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • New Pro Team (pending Arena resolve)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • IKEA / Other Large Retailer

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other (fill in blank)

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
In n out is nothing special, it sure I. The hell isn’t better than Whataburger. Sorry Corona you ARE wrong again.
Again, to each their own, but this In n Out fan will make one final point. While I absolutely love a piping hot Whataburger, that's not what I always get. Whataburgers sometimes range from lukewarm to absolutely cold when you receive them. And you can't blame the fact that Whataburger is no longer owned by Texans. I've experienced this phenomenon at multiple locations in multiple cities for decades. I have never, on the other hand, received a double-double animal style that wasn't fresh off the grill.

Speaking of burgers, I used to love a Lotaburger with cheese and green chiles. I thought that a Lotaburger with cheese was very similar to a Whataburger with cheese, and the chiles took it to another level. This past summer my son was back in El Paso and wanted to gonto Blake's, and drove to where a Blake's used to be. When he saw that it was closed he Googled Blake's, and saw several reviews saying that it had gone downhill. Later during that trip he traveled to see his brother in Tempe, and on the way back stopped at the Blake's in Deming. He said that they had, in fact, gone downhill. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: EPUTEP
Speaking of burgers, I used to love a Lotaburger with cheese and green chiles. I thought that a Lotaburger with cheese was very similar to a Whataburger with cheese, and the chiles took it to another level. This past summer my son was back in El Paso and wanted to gonto Blake's, and drove to where a Blake's used to be. When he saw that it was closed he Googled Blake's, and saw several reviews saying that it had gone downhill. Later during that trip he traveled to see his brother in Tempe, and on the way back stopped at the Blake's in Deming. He said that they had, in fact, gone downhill. Has anyone else noticed this?

I agree. Before Blake's was in El Paso I almost always went to Blake's every time I was in Las Cruces. I was happy when Blake's opened in El Paso, but it has definitely gone downhill the few few years.

Just like Whataburger, Blake's has their good locations and their bad locations. Their green chile burger was fantastic the last time I had it.

Are there enough residents downtown to support a CVS? I haven’t been downtown in a while but Fallas was the big store next to CVS. It’s closed.

Here's an example regarding CVS prices:

Ibuprofen 200mg tablet 500 count
Walmart brand $8.36
Amazon brand $9.64
Walgreens brand $16.99
CVS brand $23.99

Great prices for downtown El Paso! Let's put a CVS there! Let's put it next to high end Fallas!

The $5 million star ceiling is coming to the El Paso museum of art.

But we still can't get trash cleaned up from our streets or get enough police to patrol the streets from all the idiot drivers out there. So awesome!

Reactions: kickballpro

But we still can't get trash cleaned up from our streets or get enough police to patrol the streets from all the idiot drivers out there. So awesome!

I don't live in EP so I can't really speak to issues of city cleanliness or safety but the EPMoA can use something to help spice it up a bit. It's nice but I honestly didn't even know where the entrance was since it's closer to Santa Fe street a little out of view. The star ceiling will help draw people there and maybe get some of those people into the museum as well.

I don't live in EP so I can't really speak to issues of city cleanliness or safety but the EPMoA can use something to help spice it up a bit. It's nice but I honestly didn't even know where the entrance was since it's closer to Santa Fe street a little out of view. The star ceiling will help draw people there and maybe get some of those people into the museum as well.
Yes I agree. I want to the city to get/be better, have more to offer, bring in nice things, revitalize, create investment opportunities, spend money on things that bring positive returns, etc. I especially enjoy science museums. I'm hoping the Children's museum is really nice and fun for my daughter.

That being said I don't understand why we can't have both.

Another $350 million dollar bond for 2024. $50+ million to renovate the coliseum?

It's actually over $850 million, but the city will
only come up with $500 million so their bond rating doesnt drop.

I was all in on the 2012 bond. Now I will vote NO. The 2012 bond items of the downtown multipurpose entertainment and cultural center and the multipurpose arena never came to fruition. They quickly became and would be way over the original budget now anyway. After 12 years the children's museum is still not open.

Last edited:

Another $350 million dollar bond for 2024. $50+ million to renovate the coliseum?

It's actually over $850 million, but the city will
only come up with $500 million so their bond rating doesnt drop.

I was all in on the 2012 bond. Now I will vote NO. The 2012 bond items of the downtown multipurpose entertainment and cultural center and the multipurpose arena never came to fruition. They quickly became and would be way over the original budget now anyway. After 12 years the children's museum is still not open.
Since the downtown arena project is presumably dead, what is happening with the bond money that was already approved for that project?

Reactions: develman
Since the downtown arena project is presumably dead, what is happening with the bond money that was already approved for that project?
It was voted on about a year ago by the city council to reallocate the remaining $155 million to upgrade already existing city facilities and avoid competition with the coliseum (which has zero to do with quality of life for El Paso citizens).

Reactions: FeralFelidae
"....A Mexican food company plans to build a $21.3 million warehouse and office complex in an old warehouse district in the Segundo Barrio, one of El Paso's oldest and poorest neighborhoods.

Grupo Bafar, a Chihuahua company that owns the Bafar meat brand, one of Mexico's top-selling lunch meats, will put the new facility across the street from the cold storage warehouse it currently operates at 1601 E. Fourth Ave., in the Segundo Barrio in South El Paso, company, city, and county officials announced Monday.....The new cold-storage facility and office complex, totaling 59,000 square feet, will be on seven acres where the Kasco Structures steel fabrication company has operated for years. Kasco sold the property to Bafar and is moving to a new location in far East El Paso. A portion of Guillen Middle School and its outdoor track are next to the Kasco property."

71297439007-grupo-bafar-warehouserendering-1-a.png

For the trash, maybe we could put the sanctuary-immigrants to work cleaning up the city? Wouldn't that be a win-win?

I've asked this question before, but what's taking so long for businesses opening up near Top Golf? There is still only one restaurant. Anyone know what's stores are going to be there?

What about all the open land?? Anything else planned for Top Golf location?

I've asked this question before, but what's taking so long for businesses opening up near Top Golf? There is still only one restaurant. Anyone know what's stores are going to be there?

What about all the open land?? Anything else planned for Top Golf location?

Look closely, they are.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT