ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Not Surprised

It was expected but I’m still disappointed. That would have been a game changer for us. It’s a boom for any city that gets it but it would have had a bigger and greater impact here.

Reactions: axingfools1
I was calling city hall to complain about some cholos throwing trash near my yard and I asked the receptionist about it. That's what she told me and she was being serious.

I was calling city hall to complain about some cholos throwing trash near my yard and I asked the receptionist about it. That's what she told me and she was being serious.
Orale must be true then. You’re such a great poster with all the insightful and insider information you bring to the board. Glad to have you on board.

Reactions: RanDaddy8inks
Thanks compa. Only passing along the 411 I had. Why would she lie to me? She's always been super nice and professional with me before.

El Paso’s not there yet. I think El Paso is moving in the right direction but more needs to done by local leaders and the business community to promote the city and region. El Paso has great potential and with the right leadership and vision can become a thriving economy. I currently live in northern Virginia and noticed three locations in my immediate area ( Montgomery County, MD and DC) made the cut. The city needs to be aggressive in luring these type of companies. They need to switch their focus to Apple and other major employers.

Reactions: El Paso 777
El Paso has no hope if they can't even build an arena Downtown. Apple? Yeah right, more like Rotten Apple might come here and bring a call center.

El Paso has a lot going for it with the substantial bilingual population. Besides call centers: I'm sure many major corporations could look to El Paso to assist with public relations.

El Paso needs to lower property taxes, they are ridiculous for what El Paso is. Too many children, undocumented and from Juarez, coming over to use the schools and the school districts can’t get enough money from taxpayers. Home builders building homes in the middle of nowhere, with no schools and services, and home owners foot the bill.

Public transportation sucks donkey. Highways are too congested. This is all relative to what ELP is, not comparing to other cities twice its size.

People say the city is diverse, it’s 90 percent Mexi, idk what is so diverse about that.

tenor.gif

El Paso needs to lower property taxes, they are ridiculous for what El Paso is. Too many children, undocumented and from Juarez, coming over to use the schools and the school districts can’t get enough money from taxpayers. Home builders building homes in the middle of nowhere, with no schools and services, and home owners foot the bill.

Public transportation sucks donkey. Highways are too congested. This is all relative to what ELP is, not comparing to other cities twice its size.

People say the city is diverse, it’s 90 percent Mexi, idk what is so diverse about that.

Relative to El Paso?

1) Median price is over $185,000 (Greater El Paso Association of Realtors)
2) Undocumented from Ciudad Juarez? Yes, it is happening. No doubt about it. But if we're being relative, the immigrant dollars coming into the area far exceed the cost of educating a child who is illegally entered at a local El Paso school district. Frederick Douglass said it best: "It's far easier to build strong children than to repair broken men". The Cristero War of the late 1920's showed it better to help the children across the border instead of working against them.
3) Building home in the middle of nowhere with no schools and services with home owner footing the bill? No. Not true. I work in real estate and that is not true. Do the neighborhoods go up faster than the school district can keep up? Yes but the children of homeowners do not get left out and the homeowner get the entitlements granted to them under the neighborhood jurisdiction they live within. If they have to bus the child miles and miles away, so be it. Special needs? Even more so.
4)Diverse? I think it is. Join some civic or church groups. You'd be amazed.

Reactions: NY/NJminer
Relative to El Paso?

1) Median price is over $185,000 (Greater El Paso Association of Realtors)
2) Undocumented from Ciudad Juarez? Yes, it is happening. No doubt about it. But if we're being relative, the immigrant dollars coming into the area far exceed the cost of educating a child who is illegally entered at a local El Paso school district. Frederick Douglass said it best: "It's far easier to build strong children than to repair broken men". The Cristero War of the late 1920's showed it better to help the children across the border instead of working against them.
3) Building home in the middle of nowhere with no schools and services with home owner footing the bill? No. Not true. I work in real estate and that is not true. Do the neighborhoods go up faster than the school district can keep up? Yes but the children of homeowners do not get left out and the homeowner get the entitlements granted to them under the neighborhood jurisdiction they live within. If they have to bus the child miles and miles away, so be it. Special needs? Even more so.
4)Diverse? I think it is. Join some civic or church groups. You'd be amazed.

Mexican Citizens with visiting visas come over to Thomason Hospital pop kids left and right, leave a massive bill and take their children to Juarez. When the child ages, he attends a US school while paying ZERO USD.

Guess who foots the bill for this? The El Paso homeowner. To top it off they put their “Tias” address and collect welfare galore and take it over to Juarez or they sell their Lone Star allotment for cash.

I love El Paso but we are far from landing an Amazon. We need to fix the VISA overstay problem, and figure out a way to stop foreigners from using Thomason. It’s ridiculous. Mexico won’t take that. Imagine a bunch of US Citizens going over and leaving massive hospital bills, collecting Mexican welfare and not contributing squat. They sure as hell wouldn’t take it, why do we? Build the wall, Donald, build it.

Honestly, it does drive me crazy seeing all off the chihuahua plates dropping kids off and picking them up especially on the westside. When you figure in everything Nugget has listed with the free education their kids are getting, it in no way compares. Yes, the folks from Mexico do spend money here (lots at Walmart....LOL) but the cost to the citizens of the US is far greater.

I am really not a fan of the "wall" idea, but I am in favor of stronger immigration policies that we actually enforce.

I don't care what civic or church groups you go to, we are a city of over 80% hispanics. I love my city and all its people, but we are not diverse.

Nugget sounds angry, but he is actually spot on if you remove the anger. :)

I always brag about our low cost of living, but then I get my property tax bill....Wages are lower here, yet our elected officials keep raising taxes and rates. We won't land a big company here because they can do business elsewhere cheaper.
We need to drain the swamp and put business people in office instead of everyone elected here thinking democrat first. We need to think about our city and people first. (fire the city manager and his 2 over paid assistants)

#MEPGA

P.S. I am not a real political person. I just get tired of being screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmanminer
We need to fix the VISA overstay problem, and figure out a way to stop foreigners from using Thomason. It’s ridiculous. Mexico won’t take that. Imagine a bunch of US Citizens going over and leaving massive hospital bills, collecting Mexican welfare and not contributing squat. They sure as hell wouldn’t take it, why do we? Build the wall, Donald, build it.
An expensive wall won't fix the VISA problem you describe. The wall wouldn't keep them out.

Perhaps a wall is off base but fixing the VISA problem will do wonders for ELP.

Local and national politicians should also push hard for Mexico to clean its mess in Juarez. Being next to Juarez has really damaged the way people look and feel about us. And that in turn hurts UTEP. Look ELP wouldn’t be ELP with out J town and J town wouldn’t be J town without ELP, I get it, but Mexico can and should do more about the Juarez problem. And if they aren’t, then our reps should push harder.

2) Undocumented from Ciudad Juarez? Yes, it is happening. No doubt about it. But if we're being relative, the immigrant dollars coming into the area far exceed the cost of educating a child who is illegally entered at a local El Paso school district.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Both sides of debate have legitimacy.. i have personally been insulted by those of Mexicans heritage calling my family members "white mexicans" but yet they are from The Segundo Barrio and my great grandparent was a Ciudad Juarez commandante with the police in early 20th century and naturalized immigrants. My father is of italian heritage and remembers getting ridiculed in various parts of country.

The debate along the Rio Grande Valley and ugliness go back deep but I personally fall back on down payment with humanity. The dividends take longer but peace of mind and soul are worth it.

Reactions: NY/NJminer
Both sides of debate have legitimacy.. i have personally been insulted by those of Mexicans heritage calling my family members "white mexicans" but yet they are from The Segundo Barrio and my great grandparent was a Ciudad Juarez commandante with the police in early 20th century and naturalized immigrants. My father is of italian heritage and remembers getting ridiculed in various parts of country.

The debate along the Rio Grande Valley and ugliness go back deep but I personally fall back on down payment with humanity. The dividends take longer but peace of mind and soul are worth it.

Breaking the law doesn't have legitimacy. You become a citizen by waiting in line. You shouldn't be rewarded by being undocumented.

Reactions: Dmanminer

I have to admit, I initially thought it was Bob that ghosted my profile here. Maybe Carlos. But neither has ever demonstrated the charisma or charm that 8inks puts into his posts. Bob is a dolt and Carlos has to insert ‘loser’ into everyone of his posts. I guess 8inks is legit!

I have to admit, I initially thought it was Bob that ghosted my profile here. Maybe Carlos. But neither has ever demonstrated the charisma or charm that 8inks puts into his posts. Bob is a dolt and Carlos has to insert ‘loser’ into everyone of his posts. I guess 8inks is legit!

Being ghosted is something totally different.

Don't forget your ED pills in your truck.

I thought you were leaving the board if NMSU lost the Arizona Bowl?

I never said that.

Being ghosted is something totally different.

Ghosted was the term another member used. It worked for me. I’m sure there is a proper term for what RanDaddy8inks is doing. Running to google is your thing.

Don't forget your ED pills in your truck.

First you talked about vials and now you are talking about pills. Damn dude, what stuff are you into? It’s okay to seek help. That doesn’t make you a weak person.

I never said that.

Ghosted was the term another member used. It worked for me. I’m sure there is a proper term for what RanDaddy8inks is doing. Running to google is your thing.

First you talked about vials and now you are talking about pills. Damn dude, what stuff are you into? It’s okay to seek help. That doesn’t make you a weak person.

I never said the first part.

Being ghosted means a person stops replying to your texts and calls and just disappears.

Pills, vials, whatever. I'm not the one that needs help like you.

El Paso’s not there yet. I think El Paso is moving in the right direction but more needs to done by local leaders and the business community to promote the city and region. El Paso has great potential and with the right leadership and vision can become a thriving economy. I currently live in northern Virginia and noticed three locations in my immediate area ( Montgomery County, MD and DC) made the cut. The city needs to be aggressive in luring these type of companies. They need to switch their focus to Apple and other major employers.
Are you the one that has the VA plates UTEP66? I have VA tags 66UTEP and UTEP

I don’t have personalized tags yet, but I’m considering it. I’ve been living in Arlington for te last two years.

Reactions: chesapeake_miner

And what does that have to do with this thread? You just derailed it and now it is a pissing contest with you and ElPaso777. You pulled him into the crap when this was a decent thread. This makes you no different than him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT