ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Richest neighborhoods in El Paso

Maybe he is a medical marijuana doctor??
They make lot of money.
Assuming you are talking about a Veyron, NO doctor in EP makes THIS kind of money. Even the most high end cash pay physicians would have a hard time buying and maintaining a $million+ supercar like a Bugatti. There is money from somewhere else of course.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Doctor's with degrees from reputable school's get paid 2x or 3x starting salary what big markets pay. If you are young doc coming out of Johns Hopkins and you get an offer to Boston, LA and El Paso, you toss EP.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying here? Please explain more.

Assuming you are talking about a Veyron, NO doctor in EP makes THIS kind of money. Even the most high end cash pay physicians would have a hard time buying and maintaining a $million+ supercar like a Bugatti. There is money from somewhere else of course.

There is a doctor that has a museum with a collection of cars easily worth $50M-100M in EP. Doctors have the most cash to spend.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here? Please explain more.

When you graduate college especially with your Masters, Ph.D., etc. You get job offers galore.

As an example: you get an offer in Boston, offer in LA and El Paso. Without looking at starting salaries, Boston and LA are most likely more attractive than El Paso to move to. To entice these doctors to look closer at EL Paso their starting salaries can range from $250,000-$300,000 instead of $150,000 in those larger markets.

When you graduate college especially with your Masters, Ph.D., etc. You get job offers galore.

As an example: you get an offer in Boston, offer in LA and El Paso. Without looking at starting salaries, Boston and LA are most likely more attractive than El Paso to move to. To entice these doctors to look closer at EL Paso their starting salaries can range from $250,000-$300,000 instead of $150,000 in those larger markets.

That's not entirely accurate but Boston does have low salaries nationally.
B5GLze-HLb0

Just because people have wealth means they partake in drugs or illegal activity?

Where did I state it was illegal activity? It could be an inheritance or something like that.

No doctor, with money coming from their salary alone, accumulates that much.

I agree...Autograph Boy is not very smart. I know of a doctor in El Paso that has an amazing classic Porsche collection. I guess what Autograph Boy doesn’t realize is that those that make a generous salary, have more assets to make some financial investments. You invest correctly and then yes, you can have million dollar car collection....even in El Paso.

I agree...Autograph Boy is not very smart. I know of a doctor in El Paso that has an amazing classic Porsche collection. I guess what Autograph Boy doesn’t realize is that those that make a generous salary, have more assets to make some financial investments. You invest correctly and then yes, you can have million dollar car collection....even in El Paso.

So you're saying the doctor you know is worth $100 million? That's the debate.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Well, for once autograph boy isn't entirely incorrect. You likely can't come close to making that kind of money on salary alone. It would take smart investments with your money (as saminer pointed out) to accumulate wealth like that.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Well, for once autograph boy isn't entirely incorrect. You likely can't come close to making that kind of money on salary alone. It would take smart investments with your money (as saminer pointed out) to accumulate wealth like that.

Bingo. The person they are talking about is Dr. Roberto Assael. He is an internist. An internist does not have $100 million. He makes money in other ways.

The U.S. State Department also closed his practice in Mexico.

Put the puzzle together and figure out how he has $100 million. But if course I'm the stupid person. :rolleyes:

He owns a clinic in Juárez where all Mexican applicants for visas go to to get their medical examination required by U.S. immigration. It's pretty much a monopoly.

Nobody here is saying that doctors dont make good money or investments, but by NO means is this the standard.

He owns a clinic in Juárez where all Mexican applicants for visas go to to get their medical examination required by U.S. immigration. It's pretty much a monopoly.

Nobody here is saying that doctors dont make good money or investments, but by NO means is this the standard.

That clinic is closed I believe.

But thanks for proving my point. Some people are really clueless on here.

Bingo. The person they are talking about is Dr. Roberto Assael. He is an internist. An internist does not have $100 million. He makes money in other ways.

The U.S. State Department also closed his practice in Mexico.

Put the puzzle together and figure out how he has $100 million. But if course I'm the stupid person. :rolleyes:

Lol, I found this on the interweb.

"Dr. Roberto Nassim Assael, also known as El Pulpo (The Octopus), apparently because "he has his hands in everything."

If he doesn't own a Veyron, he does own a kick ass nickname.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
That old John Deere was nice. Sports cars do not feed the world. Never seen that one and I have seen many types (used to be on a harvest crew for family).

No doctor, without money coming from somewhere else, has that much money.

I know another Dr that has made his money off of real estate investments and has several million in collectible cars. Don't just assume that because someone has money it is ill gotten money. People make money, not all illegal.

I know the Dr he is referring to and he yes he is a physician, but he has made his money off of real estate investments. Don't just assume that because someone has money it is illgotten money. People make money, not all illegal.

Thanks again for proving my point.

Here is some perspective:

Jay Leno's car collection consists of around 136 automobiles — all spectacular and all very pricey. He also owns 90 motorcycles. Altogether, the collection was once valued to be worth at approximately $50 million; about 14% of Leno's $350 million net worth. Jan 20, 2017

I know another Dr that has made his money off of real estate investments and has several million in collectible cars. Don't just assume that because someone has money it is ill gotten money. People make money, not all illegal.
Very true. But if Mexico and U.S. were to get serious about the drug trade Mexico would go into a major depression (worse than the U.S. Depression) and the U.S. would go into slight recession. My point is that the feds have said for decades that illegal money from cartels are part of flow of currency across both sides and it flows through legit business dealings without many good willed folks knowing. It is what it is.

Here is some perspective:

Jay Leno's car collection consists of around 136 automobiles — all spectacular and all very pricey. He also owns 90 motorcycles. Altogether, the collection was once valued to be worth at approximately $50 million; about 14% of Leno's $350 million net worth. Jan 20, 2017

And the interesting thing about Jay Leno's purchasing of these cars is that he banked his entire Late Show income. He lived off of his side gigs for living expenses and automotive collection.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
And the interesting thing about Jay Leno's purchasing of these cars is that he banked his entire Late Show income. He lived off of his side gigs for living expenses and automotive collection.

I miss Jay Leno. Leno and Carson were the best late night hosts.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT