ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why aren't you watching the NBA Finals??

I tuned in for 30 seconds. Andre Iguadola swipes at a ball that AD has and comes within 4 inches of his face. AD whips his head back like his eye was just gouged out and grimaced in substantial pain. Then knocked down 2 free throws why Iguadola looks befuddled.

Its the WWE with a 3 point line.

So if I don’t watch the NBA cause I don’t want to hear about someone else’s beliefs I’m a racist. That’s bullshit. I don’t have to agree with the way you do things or your beliefs to have you as a friend.
Being intolerant of another person ideals shows the kind of person we are.
Have respect for everyone and this shit would stop.

Did anyone here know that the WNBA is also in a bubble and are in the Finals as well?

I can’t get into pro sports that much. The Cowboys are on my last string. I have no connection to these teams. I’m tired of watching grown men chase balls around. UTEP is on the clock too. Start winning or I’m out too. Life’s too short.

Sports has taken a back burner to what we're going through now. I only watch games that I'm really interested in now (UTEP, Cowboys) and don't really care for other games all that much at this time. I'm republican, but I don't support trump at all. I can see how some trump supporters get annoyed at watching sports because it's not a protest against their country but a protest against trump. Also, not having fans on TV and worrying about getting with a group of friends really hurts moral when it comes to sports
I've watched and it's been about Basketball not a political message, besides what the guys have on their jerseys. The playoffs have been great in my opinion.

Reactions: MistaBinks
Did anyone here know that the WNBA is also in a bubble and are in the Finals as well?
I heard they were in a bubble but didn't even know they were still playing. That's also the other thing, I think the nba hired the UTEP marketing department for the covid season.

I’ll go a step further. Trump should have requested a meeting with Commissioner Silver and the NBA upper staff members. The Bubble has been a complete success in keeping the players and staff healthy. The NBA Bubble is safer than the White House. What is Adam Silver doing right that the White House is doing terribly wrong? Besides actually listening to Doctors and experts 😷

Reactions: Randaddy Miner
I’ll go a step further. Trump should have requested a meeting with Commissioner Silver and the NBA upper staff members. The Bubble has been a complete success in keeping the players and staff healthy. The NBA Bubble is safer than the White House. What is Adam Silver doing right that the White House is doing terribly wrong? Besides actually listening to Doctors and experts 😷
Not leaving the bubble? Its pretty simple.

Do you think that is possible to do in Washington DC?

I've watched and it's been about Basketball not a political message, besides what the guys have on their jerseys. The playoffs have been great in my opinion.
Are there any players with MAGA on their jerseys? Or Blue Lives Matter?

Would that be allowed?

People did leave the bubble and returned. They had a good policy in place to handle that.

Absolutely.
Ok so when a white house staffer or politician leaves the bubble are they going to quarantine for 10 days upon return each time? The NBA has gone above and beyond because their circumstances have allowed it to work.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not sure its reasonable to compare the two.

I dont think its reasonable to compare the NBA to the NFL or MLB either.

Ok so when a white house staffer or politician leaves the bubble are they going to quarantine for 10 days upon return each time? The NBA has gone above and beyond because their circumstances have allowed it to work.

In a pandemic? Absolutely. The White House has ignored the severity of this virus. That was their decision. How much of the travel could have been eliminated and functions performed virtually?

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not sure its reasonable to compare the two.

Line item by item? No. But you can certainly compare how seriously they took the virus and how they pivoted

I dont think its reasonable to compare the NBA to the NFL or MLB either.

Agree to disagree. The NBA completed a successful seeding round and is about to complete its playoffs. I have no doubt MLB could have utilized a bubble. The NFL’s season Is looking more and more bleak by the day.

Regardless, the point was that the The White House should have requested cooperation and info sharing. Not complain about mean tweets from players.

Reactions: axingfools1
Not leaving the bubble? Its pretty simple.

Do you think that is possible to do in Washington DC?

If you were a maid or a chef, who had small kids, working in the White House....would you want to be in a bubble for an indefinite amount of time?

Remember, the sports bubble ends and there is light at the end.

I would still argue that it’s a pandemic. You don’t need need a full staff of chefs, maids, etc. It wouldn’t be that hard to find out which ones could stay for an extended period and which ones needed to go home. Skeleton crew for non essential employees. Adam Silver would have told them that 🤓

The reasons you could not have had a MLB bubble:

Independent of the players' consent, (which they did not want one), the main argument against the bubble's viability concerns logistics. MLB's needs are so different from other leagues, in terms of size and scope, that it is thought that a complex approach would not be feasible.

There is some mathematical validity to this point. One NBA team's roster comprises 15 players; a complete MLB squad, the 30-player roster plus the alternate-site reserves, is 60. If a single MLB team equals four NBA teams, then the entire MLB would equate to about four whole NBAs (and besides that only 22 NBA teams were in the bubble). The intake process, where the players are tested upon arrival and then quarantined for a length before they're permitted to congregate and resume practice, would have required four times as many hotel rooms and beds, four times as many meals, and four times as much diligence.

"It would've been an incredibly massive undertaking," a National League executive said.

Under the three-hub proposal, MLB would've split the teams and spread the demands. The league still would have had to find a way for 10 teams to practice daily, and for their alternate-site players to remain fit. Even if the schedule was built in a way where teams split five ballparks, rotating hosting duties, those backfield scrimmages needed a place of their own.

Other complications would have included the weather, since there's only so many domed or climate-controlled stadiums to go around; the differences between big-league and minor-league facilities for training and recovery purposes; and the differences between big-league and minor-league facilities for lighting and gameplay purposes. If the Toronto Blue Jays' forced nomadic lifestyle proves anything, it's that even the lighting is better in the Show.

It wouldn't have helped MLB's efforts to keep the season off the ground that Florida, Texas, and Arizona were all COVID-19 hotspots entering July. "The facilities exist there, obviously," a veteran American League front office member said, "but the environments are ... nope."

Last edited:
Just caught game six per self-quarantine and it was a heck of a game.

People who hate the divas of the NBA should like Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT