ADVERTISEMENT

Questions and suggestions to coach Scotty

Well I hope Senter/Scotty use the opportunity to speak with ND officials. You never know a school can cancel or something?? This is the deal I would offer the Irish. Offer them 1 to 2 deal. They play Utep in Sun Bowl, and then Utep will play over there the next 2 games,and Norte Dame doesn't have to pay Utep anything for one game. But UTEP has to be the first game.

If they say no, counter offer Irish doesn't have to pay Utep for both games. I think with the home game Utep should make enough money. The game would for sure be a sell out.

That would be my offer
Thank God you’re not AD. You’d be more worthless than Stull at the end of his tenure. In the next 8 years UTEP plays Texas four times, Nebraska twice, and Oklahoma and Tennessee once. None of them are giving us a home game. The only P5 school we’re getting at home as of right now is Texas Tech in 2032. And you think Notre Dame, one of the richest college football programs take a 2 for 1 with UTEP? They’d tell you what we all think… you’re an idiot.

Thank God you’re not AD. You’d be more worthless than Stull at the end of his tenure. In the next 8 years UTEP plays Texas four times, Nebraska twice, and Oklahoma and Tennessee once. None of them are giving us a home game. The only P5 school we’re getting at home as of right now is Texas Tech in 2032. And you think Notre Dame, one of the richest college football programs take a 2 for 1 with UTEP? They’d tell you what we all think… you’re an idiot.

And we have Michigan in 2026? But Fili thinks he can play hardball with ND and say “2 for 1, we get the first game. Take it or leave it.” They’d laugh and tell him to cram that offer you know where.

UTEP is in no position to dictate terms for a football matchup vs P5 schools, especially a school like Notre Dame. They are playing an ACC schedule and they are probably going to try to fit in traditional rivals like Michigan, USC, Boston College etc when they can. There’s no way in hell they’d waste their time traveling to El Paso to play UTEP.

So how was Price able to get home games from Texas and Oklahoma?? He also got home games from Texas Tech and Kansas. It is possible I just think Senter or Dimel couldn't seal the deal, on getting any home games. Oklahoma and Texas are just as big as the Irish, so it is possible. I remember a long time ago Florida played at NMSU. Senter just needs to man up and get a deal done with Norte Dame when they in town.

And we have Michigan in 2026? But Fili thinks he can play hardball with ND and say “2 for 1, we get the first game. Take it or leave it.” They’d laugh and tell him to cram that offer you know where.

UTEP is in no position to dictate terms for a football matchup vs P5 schools, especially a school like Notre Dame. They are playing an ACC schedule and they are probably going to try to fit in traditional rivals like Michigan, USC, Boston College etc when they can. There’s no way in hell they’d waste their time traveling to El Paso to play UTEP.
When Texas and OU played here, UTEP was the first game. Then Utep played them on the road. Mike Price made the same deal, I'm proposing. If you want I will have how to be a AD seminar, I will invite you and you can sit in the front row.

Since it looks like you read these boards. You dont have to reply.

My first suggestion is: can you try and schedule a game with Norte Dame? UTEP has never played them. I know home and home series would be hard. Since they will be in the Sun Bowl. Maybe you and Senter can talk to them? Mike Price was able to bring Texas and Oklahoma to play Utep at the Sun Bowl .

2. UTEP use to run a play called the jail break play. It was a play they had in the 90s. Just ask some of the old timers you meet. Former head coach Gary Nord ran it. Can you bring that play back? It worked so many times. Also can you run some screens. Last coach didnt do it that much.

That's all I have for now from me. Good luck.🙏🙏👍👍
While you're at it bring back the fumblerooski. Quite possibly the best play UTEP ever ran. Besides the Tush Push which I invented.

What’s the fascination with Notre Dame? UTEP has bigger concerns than scheduling ND.

Ideal schedule for UTEP OOC is:

- Money game that it pays out to an FCS school or lower tier G5.

- Money game that it collects vs Power 5 school

- Mountain West opponent

- AAC opponent

Not very complicated.

What’s the fascination with Notre Dame? UTEP has bigger concerns than scheduling ND.

Ideal schedule for UTEP OOC is:

- Money game that it pays out to an FCS school or lower tier G5.

- Money game that it collects vs Power 5 school

- Mountain West opponent

- AAC opponent

Not very complicated.
This isn't a bad model. However, at the moment we are the lowest of the lower tier in FBS. Hopefully that changes soon.

When Texas and OU played here, UTEP was the first game. Then Utep played them on the road. Mike Price made the same deal, I'm proposing. If you want I will have how to be a AD seminar, I will invite you and you can sit in the front row.
OU deal under Price was a two for one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT