ADVERTISEMENT

Questions and suggestions to coach Scotty

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Since it looks like you read these boards. You dont have to reply.

My first suggestion is: can you try and schedule a game with Norte Dame? UTEP has never played them. I know home and home series would be hard. Since they will be in the Sun Bowl. Maybe you and Senter can talk to them? Mike Price was able to bring Texas and Oklahoma to play Utep at the Sun Bowl .

2. UTEP use to run a play called the jail break play. It was a play they had in the 90s. Just ask some of the old timers you meet. Former head coach Gary Nord ran it. Can you bring that play back? It worked so many times. Also can you run some screens. Last coach didnt do it that much.

That's all I have for now from me. Good luck.🙏🙏👍👍

My first suggestion is: can you try and schedule a game with Norte Dame? UTEP has never played them. I know home and home series would be hard. Since they will be in the Sun Bowl. Maybe you and Senter can talk to them? Mike Price was able to bring Texas and Oklahoma to play Utep at the Sun Bowl .

2. UTEP use to run a play called the jail break play. It was a play they had in the 90s. Just ask some of the old timers you meet. Former head coach Gary Nord ran it. Can you bring that play back? It worked so many times. Also can you run some screens. Last coach didnt do it that much.

In regards to #2, Maybe he can arrange to bring Toriano Singleton to practice and have him teach it to the team!

In regards to #2, Maybe he can arrange to bring Toriano Singleton to practice and have him teach it to the team!
He doesn't know it. Singleton was before, Lee May's knows the play. That play got him into the NFL.

Jail Break still run by some teams; however, with faster and stronger hybrid linebackers and safeties it’s not as effective.

Dimel offense sucked but did you see it run against Tyrice Knight at linebacker?

Didn’t think so.

Last edited:

ND?

Sorry Fili, scheduling money games with Catholics is not a concern right now. How about we focus on the product that’s on the field?

The earliest we could schedule ND would be 27. By then it’s expected for Walden to be at a P5 job.

Reactions: PoppaPop
Bro we’re in 2023 where you can identify as whatever you want these days. I mean your handle is saying your a professional kickball player and your asking others to grow up? Let the man be called whatever he wants to be called as long as he wins games sheesh
He could call himself Scottarina and wear a dress on game day. I don't care, just win.

I hope not but I like the balance. We always hear how our coaches will be poached by a P5 but the last time that happened in football was almost 40 years ago.
That'll be my stance until proven otherwise.

ND?

Sorry Fili, scheduling money games with Catholics is not a concern right now. How about we focus on the product that’s on the field?
You can start a complaints thread. This is just questions and suggestions. Like adding Led lights goes here.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Coach Walden after he reads Fili’s comment:

Cxwiam.gif

Walden mentioned yesterday that he would definitely like to continue the relationship with Laufenberg.
Honoring Luke’s memory should be a top priority for this football program regardless of who’s coaching. Obviously because honoring that kid and his memory is the right thing to do, and I’m sure his story is something that could serve as motivation for these players when they face adversity during the season and throughout their lives.

Yesterday Walden talked about being active in fundraising for the university, so why would you not reach out to Babe Laufeberg. He’s been a highly visible fan and fundraiser for UTEP football and he has tapped famous players in the Dallas community like Aikman, Staubach and Dirk to donate on behalf of his son. Walden would be crazy not to work with babe not to mention he has tons of contacts with the Dallas Cowboys.

And just to expound only Luke Laufenberg thought: I think the choice of whether or not to honor Luke shouldn’t be up to a coach at this point. That should now be the responsibility of Jim Senter. If we want to make this permanent, let’s make something permanent. Maybe it’s not the jersey, maybe it’s something else.

Last edited:
Since its December should he call himself Scut? "In our world, you were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims." Let's enjoy the moment. Go Miners.

The earliest we could schedule ND would be 27. By then it’s expected for Walden to be at a P5 job.
Well I hope Senter/Scotty use the opportunity to speak with ND officials. You never know a school can cancel or something?? This is the deal I would offer the Irish. Offer them 1 to 2 deal. They play Utep in Sun Bowl, and then Utep will play over there the next 2 games,and Norte Dame doesn't have to pay Utep anything for one game. But UTEP has to be the first game.

That would be my offer.

• Haha
Reactions: Cube Jack
Well I hope Senter/Scotty use the opportunity to speak with ND officials. You never know a school can cancel or something?? This is the deal I would offer the Irish. Offer them 1 to 2 deal. They play Utep in Sun Bowl, and then Utep will play over there the next 2 games,and Norte Dame doesn't have to pay Utep anything for one game. But UTEP has to be the first game.

If they say no, counter offer Irish doesn't have to pay Utep for both games. I think with the home game Utep should make enough money. The game would for sure be a sell out.

That would be my offer

If they say no, counter offer Irish doesn't have to pay Utep for both games. I think with the home game Utep should make enough money. The game would for sure be a sell out.

That would be my offer
Just cover the cost of the trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT