ADVERTISEMENT

SB Nation UTEP Football Preview

Fair assessment given what we’ve been through. I hope the team uses these sort of predictions as locker room material leading up to the season.

Excited for what I've seen so fat and Locksley, but can't expect much next year. Anything over 3 wins is money in the bank for the following season. Next 3 years this is every Miner Fans hope....
3-9 Yr1
6-6 Yr2
9-3 Yr3

yikesssss... I still think we WIN 6 games this year ... Taking about 8 people to the Las Vegas game ... its going to be barn burner ...

from Hollywood ... I just realized that LV first game of the year is at USC - so call me crazy but I believe the MINERS will be the flyin' around for their second victory of the year ... you don't want to miss this game ...
:cool:

I think with the signing of Kai it improved UTEP's win outlook 2 to 3 wins. What was it before 1 maybe 2 wins? If everything goes "right" they might pull off 5 to 6 wins. Only my opinion of course.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just finished reading it when I saw it in my inbox. I thought it was totally fair. A little tough on Sinegal because he has shown to be a reliable go to guy in all sorts of various situations, however, with Kugler's offense, he never got a chance to shine. Hopefully the offense Canales employs will bring out his best. Fields came on strong towards the end so I personally expect big things from him this fall, same goes for Wadley. If UTEP lands Dimel's son I think the sky is the limit because most of the O line is experienced and with some depth (go figure?!) and with Locksley and those backs mentioned, the opposing defense has no choice but to play honest unlike 7-8 in the box to tee off on our rb every down of every game.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The problem with these receivers is that: 1: they ran trash routes and got zero separation 2: DROPS

Whether this was due to the staff emphasizing run blocking over pass catching/route running we will find out soon enough but I totally expect these newcomers to push the incumbents for PT.

3-4 wins is a realistic expectation. But aside from W/L I want to see an offense that can move the ball and throw downfield as well as a defense that can get to the quarterback and make stops. This is not going to be fixed overnight and I think 2019 with a year under the system and more recruits we can see an uptick in talent and wins.

Just finished reading it when I saw it in my inbox. I thought it was totally fair. A little tough on Sinegal because he has shown to be a reliable go to guy in all sorts of various situations, however, with Kugler's offense, he never got a chance to shine. Hopefully the offense Canales employs will bring out his best. Fields came on strong towards the end so I personally expect big things from him this fall, same goes for Wadley. If UTEP lands Dimel's son I think the sky is the limit because most of the O line is experienced and with some depth (go figure?!) and with Locksley and those backs mentioned, the opposing defense has no choice but to play honest unlike 7-8 in the box to tee off on our rb every down of every game.

Hopefully Sinegal doesn’t have grade issues again. Can’t help if he ain’t on the field.

Reactions: develman
Hi

I really think that you all are missing something here and we should take a good look on how many seniors will be graduating this year and will be on our starting lineup. Last year, our depth was comprised of juniors and seniors and this year we a are going to have an experienced group of seniors’ leading our depth chart. SB nation forgot to mention that we are going to have many experienced senior’s that will be lining up at UTEP. I always thought we had the talent but I always new that our ex coaching staff did not know how to place the players in situations that will allow them to succeed. I feel with the new staff that we have now and the seniors that will be coming back, that we will excel and go bowling. I will be predicting that our UTEP FB team will be a surprise and will win the necessary 6 games to get us to a bowl game.SB nation forgot to mention the talented players that made an impact on last year's team and we all saw what kind of potential they all had.
With the new FB staff that we have now, I think this year is going to be something special.

Exactly. Sinegal and reliable have not gone hand and hand. Good player but bad student.
I thought Sinegal was pretty unengaged on the field last year as well; he was offsides several times, and he dropped some catchable throws. He has some nice physical tools, hopefully the new staff can bring out more of the player we saw as a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT