ADVERTISEMENT

Sportstalk is going to be must hear radio today...

I get that point Purplefire, but at the same time his job security is based on how well his teams play on the court. As fans we have the right to complain if we're the ones paying the money to watch what we feel is an inferior product. You can not be the face of the basketball team and in the public eye and not expect to be criticized when you're not meeting fans' expectations. I don't think we're being unreasonable asking for an NCAA Tournament team.

It's one thing to say stuff like we are disappointed in what his has done but I am with Floyd when the guy s questioning the character of the kids and attacking Floyd...... It's one thing to say he is not producing but to question character irritates me

If some guy at work started telling everyone I didn't know what I was doing and he didn't have half the details of what I do , I would whip his ass!!

Coach welcome to the world of social media. Where rumors may or may not be true and people hide behind a blog.
It's true that we lost some players that were irrelevant but what Coach did was wrong. It was nice to see Kap stand his ground and speak his mind.
I hope Coach turns it around for UTEP and El Paso's sake but I think his seat is getting warmer.

Fair enough. I can respect what you're saying when it comes to the rumor mill. Now with that being said, Floyd and the UTEP public relations department sat on Buddha and McSwiggan's departure and said nothing. They said nothing with regards to Omega. And in the end that's hurting the program because if they're not saying anything, what are people going to think? The public is getting half ass details because Floyd and company are giving half ass details. Flat out.

Problem with Floyd's excuses is that he seems to indicate that creating an NCAA worthy team is nearly impossible given our conf affiliation, mid major status, etc.

If he doesn't believe it's realistic to turn this program into something respectable, then he's the wrong man for the job. We don't need someone who has a 16 page list of excuses. That list should be filled with reasons as to why he's going to get the job done, regardless of these embellished barriers he faces...

Good point USAF. UTEP has the largest recruiting budget in CUSA and has done nothing in the conference. La. Tech, Old Dominion, UAB, Middle Tennessee have lower recruiting budgets, play in the same conference, deal with the same transfer epidemic, but still win the conference, make the NCAA Tourney, and get post season wins in the NIT. Floyd's coaching experience alone should make us CUSA contenders every season, but we have been nothing but pretenders.

Coach welcome to the world of social media. Where rumors may or may not be true and people hide behind a blog.
It's true that we lost some players that were irrelevant but what Coach did was wrong. It was nice to see Kap stand his ground and speak his mind.
I hope Coach turns it around for UTEP and El Paso's sake but I think his seat is getting warmer.

You all do know that Stull and the athletic department and Kap have a strained relationship that goes back years? My gut tells me Stull gave the green light to use the carpet bombing campaign on Kap because that was so unprofessional of Floyd and almost comes across as setup by Floyd. I think Floyd came in to it knowing he was using both barrels on Kap.

UTEP needs all the constructive local and national pub it can get and while I chuckled at the banter between the two, it does make UTEP look bad in the long run. Kap has to bring in advertising to his show and he does that. Floyd needs to take UTEP to a higher level and he has not done that. Floyd's poop fest of every national collegiate statistic holds no water. It was just has hard to make the NCAA's when Billy G was here and Barbee as well. Players were declaring early then too and transferring just as often as well. The difference is the former coaches went after quality and not high risk/high reward recruits that have made Floyd look now like a total buffoon.

Reactions: CubsFan81
I can't imagine that Stull and Kap don't get along because Kap has every other UTEP coach on his show. I think these last couple of months broke the camel's back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT