ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl renovations??

I am not sure if you know this or not, but there are a lot of poor people in El Paso. Most people aren't willing or are unable to donate.
No one expects poor people to donate to any athletic department. Every community I've ever been in has poor sections.

Maybe those people don't like sports? Why would they spend $10 for something they have no interest in?

Also, many people use credit cards to spend money they don't have. People who drop a couple hundred on dinner an drinks might not have money and are in debt.
Why are you bringing up people that don't like sports? They are not relevant to a conversation about sports and every community has people that are not interested in sports.

And credit card debt, really? If people with credit card debt never went to sports events in this country, the stadiums and arenas would be basically empty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
No one expects people to go to a UTEP athletic event if they are not interested or they are too poor. Should be obvious that there are a lot of people in the El Paso area that have enough money to give a little bit or at least attend a game now and then. You don't get 31k at a game otherwise as UTEP did for the UTSA game last season.

The UTSA game got 31k because UTEP was doing well at that point. Unfortunately, they choked and lost 4/5 games. Also, you have to count all the UTSA fans, so it wasn't just people cheering for UTEP.

Why are you bringing up people that don't like sports? They are not relevant to a conversation about sports and every community has people that are not interested in sports.

And credit card debt, really? If people with credit card debt never went to sports events in this country, the stadiums and arenas would be basically empty.

It's funny how you never answered anything.

How much do you donate and how much do you friends who can dine at Landry's donate?

Also, you clearly didn't understand my point. @JCorona said people have money if they can spend a couple hundred on dinner and drinks. Those people might not have money and are in debt.

I never said people with credit card debt don't go to sporting events.

Don't let people fool you. The person with the biggest house might be the person with the least amount of money to their name.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Or you can just be honest. All the donation amounts are posted by the MAC. It's not "personal information".
Actually most of us on this board are not using are names. I'm sure your full name in not Denver Utep. I'm a small, insignificant donor. Just a drop in UTEP''s bucket. But the point in this thread has been that lots of drops can fill a bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Actually most of us on this board are not using are names. I'm sure your full name in not Denver Utep. I'm a small, insignificant donor. Just a drop in UTEP''s bucket. But the point in this thread has been that lots of drops can fill a bucket.

I donate $500 a year. It's not "personal information". Just strange that you think that.

And again, most people in El Paso aren't willing and/or can't afford to donate.

Basically the equivalent of one Starbuck drink a week. I've never seen a Starbucks line empty in EP.

In town for the game. my thoughts: Game day experience needs some work.

New renovations are cool but by creating the VIP concessions area in the upper south concourse they have cutoff access to that concessions area for the rest of the upper sections on the south side. You can't access it anymore unless you are VIP. The concession stands on the main concourse on the south side were are all overloaded and it was at least 20-30 min to grab a beer. Why not some beer carts with ice where you can just buy beer. Put some on that upper concourse as well as the main concourse. Additionally, they have TVs above the concession stands but instead of showing the game, which would be good given how long you need to wait, they just have the menus.

Also, all the video screens except the large main one show nothing but advertisements. It's tough to see what down you are on, or really any Play clocks. No stats. Really distracting flashing video screens.

Music is too loud also

Last edited:
I've noticed this for a while. People have money to go out and drop a couple of hundred on dinner and drinks. When it comes to buying a $10 ticket to the game all of a sudden there's no money.
People keep saying there is no money, but it's not true. People just don't care about UTEP nor do they trust UTEP.
I agree 100%. Look at the attendance next home game. People can have a fun time pigging out and getting drunk, is it really that fun watching UTEP get clobbered week in and week out?

In town for the game. my thoughts: Game day experience needs some work.

New renovations are cool but by creating the VIP concessions area in the upper south concourse they have cutoff access to that concessions area for the rest of the upper sections on the south side. You can't access it anymore unless you are VIP. The concession stands on the main concourse on the south side were are all overloaded and it was at least 20-30 min to grab a beer. Why not some beer carts with ice where you can just buy beer. Put some on that upper concourse as well as the main concourse. Additionally, they have TVs above the concession stands but instead of showing the game, which would be good given how long you need to wait, they just have the menus.

Also, all the video screens except the large main one show nothing but advertisements. It's tough to see what down you are on, or really any Play clocks. No stats. Really distracting flashing video screens.

Music is too loud also

Did anybody else have issues with their cell phone service?

As Oklahoma prepares to enter the Southeastern Conference by 2025, the athletic department began seeking bids in April for all stadium lights to be replaced with LED fixtures, OU Daily previously reported.
OU athletics' request for proposal included a desire for "active lighting" and "light shows" which would provide "great fan experiences." Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee are SEC programs that recently introduced LED light shows to their game day experiences.

The existing light poles surrounding Owen Field were overhauled to support LED lighting, rather than being replaced. OU athletics initially stated in its proposal it hoped to complete the upgrade by Aug. 3, one month prior to the Sooners' Sept. 3 season opener against Texas-El Paso.

Attention tailgaters, make sure the flames in your grill are out:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT