ADVERTISEMENT

Team Records of Dana Dimel

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
I was a bit curious to know the records of every team Dimel has been a part of. Not just his HC record but also on those programs he was an assistant coach. These are the results. He started his playing and coaching career at Kansas St.

1. 1984: 3-7 (player)
  2. 1985: 1-10 (player)
  3. 1986: 2-9 (player)
  4. 1987: 0-10 (GA)
  5. 1988: 0-11 (GA)
  6. 1989: 1-10 (OL)
  7. 1990: 5-6 (OL)
  8. 1991: 7-4 (OL)
  9. 1992: 5-6 (OL)
  10. 1993: 9-2 (RGC/OL)
  11. 1994: 9-3 (RGC/OL)
  12. 1995: 10-2 (OC)
  13. 1996: 9-3 (OC)
Wyoming
  • 1997: 7-6 (HC)
  • 1998: 8-3 (HC)
  • 1999: 7-4 (HC)
Houston
  • 2000: 3-8 (HC)
  • 2001: 0-11 (HC)
  • 2002: 5-7 (HC)
Kansas St
  • 2005: 5-6 (GA)
Arizona
  • 2006: 6-6 (TE)
  • 2007: 5-7 (TE)
  • 2008: 8-5 (TE/RB)
Kansas St
  • 2009: 6-6 (OC)
  • 2010: 7-6 (OC)
  • 2011: 10-3 (OC)
  • 2012: 11-2 (OC)
  • 2013: 8-5 (OC)
  • 2014: 9-4 (OC)
  • 2015: 6-7 (OC)
  • 2016: 9-4 (OC)
  • 2017: 7-5 (OC)
He’s had succes as an OC. He has also been part of some horrible teams. He has experience rebuilding teams from scratch. I’m still not convinced it was the right hire but I do kind of see what Senter and company saw in him.

Per Dimel today: He brought in 2 top recruiting classes (the second after a 0 win season in which he played a walk-on QB). He won 5 games the next year before being fired by the new athletic director who wanted to go in a different direction.

Dimel also said it will take time at UTEP (3+ years to be a consistent winner) and that he signed a 5 year contract.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
Dimel also said it will take time at UTEP (3+ years to be a consistent winner) and that he signed a 5 year contract.

Great, Kugler at least stated an exact number of years. So if he doesn't get the job done after three years he is in the clear. I really don't like the 5 year contract.

Is there such thing as all -in type of hire? I feel thats whats bothered many of us about the hire. That it doesnt feel like an all-in type of hire. An all-in type of hire to me would of been a coach that had the experience to fix our biggest issues in football quicker and thats scoring points. A coach thats gonna put people in the stands. I dont think we are getting either of those with this hire. If he wins people will slowly trickle back to the sun bowl but if he doesnt people will see it as the same ole program. Winning will put people in the stands. But a high octane offense with a coach that is beloved by the city can do the same. Theres no special feeling this time around, that excitement is coming. But maybe this is just what the program is. Ive liked to keep high standards but maybe going 6-6 and qualifying for a bowl game once every 4 years is what were gonna have.

My opinions are not necessarily correct. Just what i feel about the direction of the program. I feel for those players and staff members and i hope we can bring in some solid coordinators and hope dimel can prove us all wrong.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Ive liked to keep high standards but maybe going 6-6 and qualifying for a bowl game once every 4 years is what were gonna have.

That's actually a high standard for UTEP. They haven't won a bowl game in 50 years and have been to 6 bowl games since 1967.

All I want is a bowl win and then work form there.

Is there such thing as all -in type of hire? I feel thats whats bothered many of us about the hire. That it doesnt feel like an all-in type of hire. An all-in type of hire to me would of been a coach that had the experience to fix our biggest issues in football quicker and thats scoring points. A coach thats gonna put people in the stands. I dont think we are getting either of those with this hire. If he wins people will slowly trickle back to the sun bowl but if he doesnt people will see it as the same ole program. Winning will put people in the stands. But a high octane offense with a coach that is beloved by the city can do the same. Theres no special feeling this time around, that excitement is coming. But maybe this is just what the program is. Ive liked to keep high standards but maybe going 6-6 and qualifying for a bowl game once every 4 years is what were gonna have.

My opinions are not necessarily correct. Just what i feel about the direction of the program. I feel for those players and staff members and i hope we can bring in some solid coordinators and hope dimel can prove us all wrong.
KSU-style football is slower paced, but agree with things said in the press conference about winning. We play in a league where people pat themselves on the back because the QB threw for 450 yards against us....but they still lost.

I will also say (having watched a few Kugler games) that I think KSU's style of offense is at least more exciting that Kugler. If successful, it is almost a sick enjoyment you'll get out of watching him suck the life out of a game for the opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT