ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Winn

UTEP played once again without sophomore forward Terry Winn and Floyd said that might be a permanent situation.

"I don't know how long he'll be out," Floyd said. "He was benched for poor play and he didn't handle it properly. We sent him home from Charleston. And I haven't talked to him. He might have quit, for all I know. I'd rather talk about the players who are here."

Tim Floyd

It is very obvious that this arrogant coach Floyd is the PROBLEM that is messing up the entire program, there is just no chemistry between him and the players and that is reflected on the court. I don't remember having heard of so many issues between coach and players during Haskins, Rabadeux, Gillispie, Doc Sadler and Tony Barbee's era. Something is very wrong.

Who would you like to replace Tim? He coached in the NBA and coached Michael Pippen. NAU would love to have a NBA caliber coach like Tim Floyd.

Who would you like to replace Tim? He coached in the NBA and coached Michael Pippen. NAU would love to have a NBA caliber coach like Tim Floyd.

Please tell what good has Floyd done for UTEP ???? I don't care if he coached Michael Pippen or if is an "NBA caliber coach". Bottom line is that on his seventh year at UTEP he has acomplish NOTHING. Time for him to go PERIOD.

What does Sul Ross St have to do with anything ? What the hell is that? I am new to UTEP sports and am new to the board. Sorry meant Scottie Pippen. You guys are tightly wound.

Peace out.

Regardless of who, how, blaming fingers or why season is lost w/o Winn and if Wilms's foot can't hold up (doubtful) we will be looking at a team with even less inside game than last years and have a starting lineup with about the same height as most high schools in town. With all the positives going on in EP these days, UTEP athletics has become a poison pill for this city. As a long time season ticket holder who goes to almost every game I'm beginning to feel like I am too stupid to exit a burning building.

Reactions: UTEP05
I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been disinterested in Miner basketball, but Floyd has officially lost me. We are basically a glorified D2 team at this point.

I can't support this craziness anymore. I've been a donor for a while, but I'm pulling my $$ until this admin does the right thing removes CTF...

Reactions: kickballpro
I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been disinterested in Miner basketball, but Floyd has officially lost me. We are basically a glorified D2 team at this point.

I can't support this craziness anymore. I've been a donor for a while, but I'm pulling my $$ until this admin does the right thing removes CTF...
Send a letter

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I'm sorry but this is on Winn !! Not being able to take criticism is not a sign of a leader.... and packing up and leaving when your not playing well is selfish as hell and shows Winn only cares about himself and not his team

Reactions: Cube Jack
Winn was probably the hardest working kid on the team. He shouldn't have been sent home from a tournament for "not playing well", assuming that's the real reason.

As a head coach, it would seem like a good idea to not run your best talent off every year...yet here we are....again....

Wallow in the empty DHC Floyd. Your narcassism has put the final nail in this mess. If I were Winn and you humiliated me like that I would have done the same thing. To send the Kid home from a trip that him and the whole team probably thought of as the trip of the year to disrespect his family like that because your a out of control egotistical hot head is unfortunate and if you think you haven't lost the rest of the team than you are more out of touch than I thought. I was a season ticket holder and had the foresight not to renew. I'm done.

Reactions: CubsFan81
It's not Floyd fault. First Barbee messed everything up by leaving Floyd a ncaa tournament team mess. Then Hamilton screwed us over when Floyd tried to use him as a pawn to land the usc job. Then we would have reached the sweet 16 the past 2 seasons if Wilms wasn't injured. Then this new transfer epidemic is contagious and we broke up the 27 Yankees last season with those 3 players who transfered out. Now Floyd has an uphill battle every year because the nearest place to recruit is 9 hours from El Paso. Next year is the year.

I'm sorry but this is on Winn !! Not being able to take criticism is not a sign of a leader.... and packing up and leaving when your not playing well is selfish as hell and shows Winn only cares about himself and not his team

Who said he was leader? He stayed with this team for going on 3 years, taking a redshirt. The mere fact he accepted a redshirt this day and age shows he was unselfish. He stayed with and defended Floyd through the tumultuous offseason. He was arguably our best player. We have 2 players who are on the D1 level. Floyd has assembled a cast of untalented warm bodies who will be Boy Scouts just to keep their scholarships. Most of these guys came to us without any other offers and basically have no place to transfer too. Their parents should be proud that they're getting a free ride.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT