ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech Exhibition

You remember when we all met at Tortugas and you collected your $50 gift certificate. That's Ron.
Hey Round! Thanks and how you be? You've been eerily guiet. Do you still have your High Rolls layout?
Ron....how many aliases do you have?

I've met a few bad hombres from here and the den... Is the Den, still around? lol I personally miss Realm he was the OG when it came to trolling. They sure don't make them like him anymore...

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I always wanted to meet unihoM in person
Back in 2014 MinerDigs and MinerRush had a meetup before the CUSA tournament. I saw a guy wearing a UTEP jumper suit at the bar. I’ve always wanted to know what his handle on here is.

Does anyone remember that day and who wore that white UTEP jumper suit?

Jahmius Ramsey their 5 star recruit from Duncanville scored 44 against a Serbian pro team in the Bahamas. Sounds like a one and done. He'll be the best player in the court. I couldn't be less interested in this scrimmage, but I'm glad so many of you are. I'm happy to see anybody excited for UTEP athletics it's been a long two years. We need some excitement.

Jahmius Ramsey their 5 star recruit from Duncanville scored 44 against a Serbian pro team in the Bahamas. Sounds like a one and done. He'll be the best player in the court. I couldn't be less interested in this scrimmage, but I'm glad so many of you are. I'm happy to see anybody excited for UTEP athletics it's been a long two years. We need some excitement.
Explain why you like that so many are excited, yet you aren't?

Reactions: JCorona

Why aren’t you interested?

Explain why you like that so many are excited, yet you aren't?

If it was a real game I would be interested. This being an exhibition game. It's going to have almost no bearing on how good or bad we are. Every year a blue blood will drop an exhibition to a d1 school. It doesnt mean anything. Certainly doesnt mean they suck. The day after this scrimmage everyone on here will have make a knee jerk reaction one way or another. Either we get crushed and people will think we suck or we keep it close or win and people are predicting final four. This scrimmage will not be played like a real game by either coach. Especially Texh I'm sure Beard will experiment with lineups practice situational in game strategies. It's nice to practice against someone other than yourself. I just dont think you will be able to discern alot about either team from the scrimage.

I'm happy people are excited. We've went through such a down depressing period of UTEP athletics I'm happy to see people excited about anything UTEP. It's always hard to be a UTEP fan but these last two seasons have been the worst I've endured. Anything that gets people excited about UTEP I'm all for.

Jahmius Ramsey. No doubt he's a stud, but I think we have not one, not two but three athletic answers for him. Stroud, Tarke and Archie.

If it was a real game I would be interested. This being an exhibition game. It's going to have almost no bearing on how good or bad we are. Every year a blue blood will drop an exhibition to a d1 school. It doesnt mean anything. Certainly doesnt mean they suck. The day after this scrimmage everyone on here will have make a knee jerk reaction one way or another. Either we get crushed and people will think we suck or we keep it close or win and people are predicting final four. This scrimmage will not be played like a real game by either coach. Especially Texh I'm sure Beard will experiment with lineups practice situational in game strategies. It's nice to practice against someone other than yourself. I just dont think you will be able to discern alot about either team from the scrimage.

I'm happy people are excited. We've went through such a down depressing period of UTEP athletics I'm happy to see people excited about anything UTEP. It's always hard to be a UTEP fan but these last two seasons have been the worst I've endured. Anything that gets people excited about UTEP I'm all for.

You’re missing the point.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
My former boss, now retired, went to buy tickets this morning. He told me the lady at the UTEP ticket center couldn't find the game listed on her computer, and needed to call a supervisor over to help her find it. I hope she was a newbie. Otherwise it means there's not much interest in this exhibition game. Personally I've yet to see UTEP market the shit out of this game. After all, we are playing against the runner ups from last year's NCAA Tournament. Not exactly the same team of course, but you get my point.

Reactions: axingfools1
I think it could be a real confidence booster and experience for the UTEP players and that could transition to the season. It should be a great atmosphere too. Good exposure for the players to the fans/potential fans. I'm not really concerned how it effects Tech.

Completely disagree. Tech will already have games under their belt when we meet them.
Beard knows who his players are. He doesn't like to lose... even exhibitions. See techsloth's post. These are coaches and players who are itching to get it on.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I've met a few bad hombres from here and the den... Is the Den, still around? lol I personally miss Realm he was the OG when it came to trolling. They sure don't make them like him anymore...
I have met Realm. Really nice guy. He does pop in time from time but haven't seen him on here in a while.

My former boss, now retired, went to buy tickets this morning. He told me the lady at the UTEP ticket center couldn't find the game listed on her computer, and needed to call a supervisor over to help her find it. I hope she was a newbie. Otherwise it means there's not much interest in this exhibition game. Personally I've yet to see UTEP market the shit out of this game. After all, we are playing against the runner ups from last year's NCAA Tournament. Not exactly the same team of course, but you get my point.
You do not want to give an opponent any bulletin board material. It's an exhibition against a top P5 conference opponent who had a magical run last year. If it was Duke, Michigan State or Virginia, then I would be excited.

I'm trying to get y'alls level. Ever since the schools left C-USA for the AAC and we got CUSA 2.0 my enthusiasm for hoops has been dampened.

I hear ya. The less than mediocre seasons have taken their toll on me. If anything, we’re just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I start out strong and then consider the season over by March. At least for the last 7-8 years anyway.

I think it could be a real confidence booster and experience for the UTEP players and that could transition to the season. It should be a great atmosphere too. Good exposure for the players to the fans/potential fans. I'm not really concerned how it effects Tech.
I agree! Anyone else remember the 2004 exhibition game Billy Gillespie’s team had? That was Fili’s, Omar’s, Jason Williams 1st year with us. The team we beat was loaded with former college basketball players who entered the game against UTEP undefeated and needed the win to earn a bonus. They had just beat Michigan St a few days before. The Don was packed and it was loud. The Miners won a close game and went on to the NCAA tournament.

No matter the outcome, we’ll find out how the players match up athletically.
As I mentioned previously, they beat us by about 25 in last year's exhibition and we proceeded to win a whopping 8 games, so that turned out to be a pretty good indicator of crappy our season was about to be. This year's exhibition will hopefully give us a more optimistic Outlook as I expect a competitive game and maybe even a win. You are so right about the matchups. Can hardly wait

Hey Round! Thanks and how you be? You've been eerily guiet. Do you still have your High Rolls layout?
Ron....how many aliases do you have?
Hey 1liner. Good to see you too. Things are great up here in the mountains, the Domes are still kicking butt. I'm stoked about the basketball season, hoping we'll overachieve and go a couple of games deep into the tourney. Also hope the FB team can pull some surprises.
Are you coming to town for some games this season?

I have met Realm. Really nice guy. He does pop in time from time but haven't seen him on here in a while.
He has posted here in the last year:
https://utep.forums.rivals.com/thre...ivate-sunland-park-property.9123/#post-120432

Realm also wouldn't confirm that you've met:
https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/wheres-chumps.6469/#post-70805

However, I'm 99% sure that Realm posts under another name he uses for his normal posts. (And if it's someone who doesn't post here much anymore, that narrows it down...) Based on Realm's comment in the Chumps thread, I'm guessing that you had suspicions about who this poster is and you greeted him as "Realm" one time when you met him.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Hey 1liner. Good to see you too. Things are great up here in the mountains, the Domes are still kicking butt. I'm stoked about the basketball season, hoping we'll overachieve and go a couple of games deep into the tourney. Also hope the FB team can pull some surprises.
Are you coming to town for some games this season?
No specific plans for any games at this point, but will be in Ruidoso for a few days starting Sept 9th and then EP for a few.

No specific plans for any games at this point, but will be in Ruidoso for a few days starting Sept 9th and then EP for a few.
We will be in Ruidoso this weekend. I haven't had time to get away in a loooooong ass time.. Heading up tomorrow and coming back Monday. Sucks we will miss the game, but I NEED a break.....

We will be in Ruidoso this weekend. I haven't had time to get away in a loooooong ass time.. Heading up tomorrow and coming back Monday. Sucks we will miss the game, but I NEED a break.....
I wish you could make it out to the Domes but we're booked until Monday. We coulda hung out and listened to the game and swigged some moonshine. You're gonna have to come up sometime. It's a refreshing getaway. We had a brisk rainstorm an hour ago and there is an awesome sunset in the making. The smell of wet pine trees is in the air.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I wish you could make it out to the Domes but we're booked until Monday. We coulda hung out and listened to the game and swigged some moonshine. You're gonna have to come up sometime. It's a refreshing getaway. We had a brisk rainstorm an hour ago and there is an awesome sunset in the making. The smell of wet pine trees is in the air.

Nothing like it. I miss it. Experience it from time to time when I visit my folks up in Taos...but not nearly enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT