ADVERTISEMENT

Thank God we're not on this list.

Jimmy the Miner

Starter
Sep 7, 2016
Pasted from a U of A message board -

So here's what I find interesting from the article on the ESPN website. Anyone else notice a certain school that's not listed?

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families (including schools that had players who received $10,000 or more in questionable benefits):
Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
NC State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington

Schools named in Dawkins' expense reports (seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he reported as being paid to college and high school players and their families):
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Michigan State
USC
Texas

Schools that had a player or player's family listed as meeting with Dawkins:
Alabama
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Iowa State
Duke
Kentucky
North Carolina
Creighton
Texas
Virginia

Schools with active players implicated:
Alabama (Collin Sexton)
Duke (Wendell Carter)
Kentucky (Kevin Knox)
Michigan State (Miles Bridges)
South Carolina (Brian Bowen)
Texas (Eric Davis Jr.)
USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools with former players implicated:
Clemson
Creighton
Iowa State
Kansas
Louisville
LSU
Maryland
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Seton Hall
Utah
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Washington
Wichita State
Xavier

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
CTF burned the program down because of his recruiting questionable players during his tenure here who just didn't belong at a 4 year college. He did not and could not afford to even give a stick of gum to any AAU coach, recruit or parent without some ESPN, FOX or any sports outlet personnel from popping up from no where. I get why he was jumpy, however, he didn't win when he had too and he was in a UTEP HC friendly media market that he didn't use to his advantage.

My point is, to any of those charlatans who tried to work the system, UTEP was not an attractive market to pull it off. UTEP has been thru to much crap to pull off those pendejadas.

"(NCAA President) Emmert said he hopes the NCAA has a better understanding of the eligibility for current players affected by the FBI investigation by NCAA tournament Selection Sunday, which is March 11. He also wants to see changes implemented by the start of the 2018-19 season."

" ....I want to hoop, I don’t want to take money from a booster and not knowing if this handshake is for us to keep this money, because people don’t do nothing for free.... "

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Washingt...ed-cash-to-play-football-in-college-115664343
Robinson is a very double negative kind of guy...but its refreshing that he didn't take money.

I found it funny when LBJ said that the NCAA is "corrupt", but that if he was gonna play college basketball he would have been "rich".

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Robinson is a very double negative kind of guy...but its refreshing that he didn't take money.

I found it funny when LBJ said that the NCAA is "corrupt", but that if he was gonna play college basketball he would have been "rich".
That's cool. My therapist told me years ago I'm a "help rejecting complainer". Never been offered an outright bribe in my life though; so I don't know how I would've responded if offered. But as Molly Hatchet famously sang, was "flirting with disaster" once or twice in my life.

The same LeBron who's poor mother bought him a $50,000 Hummer in high school. Hmmm
Yes. That hummer was financed based on future income, not his mother's credit. Lebron almost lost his senior year because of that greed. His mother could have bought him a vehicle for a few thousand dollars like my father did for me.

It just goes to show the hypocrisy though. Yes the NCAA is corrupt, but so are the players/families that except money. And for any of you that want to, please don't give me any crap about how people are poor or that these players deserve money before its earned. Still doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
Well if the finance company wanted to take the risk based on future income, why blame the player?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT