ADVERTISEMENT

The dumbest quote in college football history

Dude needs a slump buster.
He just needs to look in the mirror.

Seriously, this guy is a walking fever dream if he doesn’t want to score points. Every week he outdoes himself with the wacky stuff that comes out of his mouth and if this was any college not named UTEP the local media would have killed him.

If Mike Price had a defense like Dimel’s especially under Vittatoe we would have killed it.

Last edited:
I get women's numbers all the time and have a pretty good game plan to keep them talking all night, but I don't really wanna score!

• Haha
Reactions: utep-piggy
Dismel sucks

Hire Mel Tucker
“The notice says Tucker “made unwelcome sexual advances towards” an activist contracted by the university to provide sexual misconduct education to the school’s football team. Tucker “masturbated on a phone call without her consent,” the document says.”

Born in sin, come on in!

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Interesting stat Dimel might not be aware of. Teams ranked 125-130 are a combined 5-14 on the season. Teams ranked 1-6 are 18-0. It’s almost as if your goal is to score as many points as you can it generally leads to wins.

I had planned to take the 2.5 hour drive to Huntsville and watch that game at twhem the schedule came out. Now idk how excited I am to see a 3-3 game go into OT, where someone ends up winning 16-9 in a 4OT Thriller SMH 😏

I had planned to take the 2.5 hour drive to Huntsville and watch that game at twhem the schedule came out. Now idk how excited I am to see a 3-3 game go into OT, where someone ends up winning 16-9 in a 4OT Thriller SMH 😏

SHSU won't need overtime to beat us.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Only way I would have done that during the week is if UTEP went to Huntsville 5-3. I guess if they win the next 4 games I’ll keep my end of the deal.

Only way I would have done that during the week is if UTEP went to Huntsville 5-3. I guess if they win the next 4 games I’ll keep my end of the deal.
It was my plan when the season started, but I'm gradually changing my mind.

Pick your quote/line in this 43 second clip for dumbest statements a head coach can make, didn’t see the whole presser but not one follow up to this babbling nonsense???

Gross.
I just finished reading this article. I'm stunned at what spewed out of his mouth. I am surprised, but he is cocky because he knows Senter will not can him.

-Classless.
-Filled with aspersions and backhanded comments.
-Excuses, excuses, excuses.

""We have to get better at the things we know we need to get better at: Finishing drives and putting points on the board,"". It's year six. These players starting are at least two years into the program you run.

"If we stay patient, stay in the groove, we would probably get more yards on those plays after we keep running more and more."". Shoot me. Shoot me, now.

"We're trying to score one more". What a jerk comment and demeaning way to respond to once again, leading UTEP to the outhouse of FBS statistics. Opposing defensive coaches know a) you will commit stupid penalties b) mismanage your time (and let opposing defense regroup) c) fail, fail and fail again in executing for four quarters. UTEP is good for one, maybe two drives to produce points.

Just look at his eyes and demeanor? It's on record now Dana. If that's how you feel and which is now your official response from your underachieving performance, in year six, I will refer you as a character from the 70's sitcom, Maj Frank Burns (MASH). A knuckleheaded, morose doctor who would not improve his trade. Thank you Coach Dana "Maj. Frank Burns" Dimel.

Man, two UTEP football coaches (Kugler & Dimel) who spoke in such an insulting, demeaning manner at a UTEP press conference.

How dare you Dimel you sit in front of a hot mic, sports media throughout, and what appears to be a shameless demeanor, impune Miner fans intelligence because of your poor performance as a coach.

Coach Frank Burns Dimel. That's how he came across.

7720be92d257d8fdf453a9337565418c.jpg

know

Last edited:
Ball control is your strategy when you turn it over, can’t sustain drives, and have a shaky defense?

giphy.gif

We’re averaging 10ppg vs FBS teams. Our highest point total vs an “FBS team” is 14 vs Jacksonville St. The 2017 mess Kugler left averaged 26.2 ppg. Yikes. How many more games can we realistically win with this offense? There’s no current team averaging 9ppg.

We’re averaging 10ppg vs FBS teams. Our highest point total vs an “FBS team” is 14 vs Jacksonville St. The 2017 mess Kugler left averaged 26.2 ppg. Yikes. How many more games can we realistically win with this offense? There’s no current team averaging 9ppg.
Wow those numbers are awful and worse than I expected.

I think scoring could improve if Dimel is humble enough to ask for some assistance from one of the local junior high or high school coaches. I bet he would learn alot.

I’m not optimistic about this as Dimel did decline Piggys offer for Offense 101 tutoring and also declined assistance from Kill at NMSU.

Last edited:
Damn. Perspective. We’d maybe be 3-1 instead of 1-3 with Kug’s offensive stats. At worst, 2-2. We suck again!! I mean still.

That's good Dimel is an offensive coach. Imagine if he was a defensive minded coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT