ADVERTISEMENT

This is our guy

How is he more qualified than Brennan Marion?
I think they are very similar. Honestly I would take a chance on either one if they wanted to take a chance on us. Someone will take a chance on them eventually, might as well be us. I still like Marion better because he's developed his own offensive scheme. He's been at many plances so he has lots of contacts in the business and can draw assistant coaches from all over.

I think they are very similar. Honestly I would take a chance on either one if they wanted to take a chance on us. Someone will take a chance on them eventually, might as well be us. I still like Marion better because he's developed his own offensive scheme. He's been at many plances so he has lots of contacts in the business and can draw assistant coaches from all over.

Definitely. I'm fine with both choices, but Marion is more qualified.

The biggest issue is utep has never been willing to make the commitment to winning and improving their athletics. We could attract a good coach with good direction of our athletic department.

BTW I remember programs like Arizona State were flirting with Mike Price.

I think UTEP needs to clean house.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Must watch. He takes at least some of his offensive philosophy from Guz Malzhan. He overcomes challenges. He's overcome a lot of adversity. Lots of positive character traits. He's an innovator.

Last edited:
I think UTEP needs to clean house.
To add on, utep has always made the commitment in basketball in terms of funding and with success has lost a few coaches since Haskins retired.

To your point, yes. We need to make a commitment and a plan to winning championships in all sports. Improving facilities. The potential of money is there if you just commit to winning. We all saw UTEPs potential back between 2004 and 2010 with loaded basketball and football games.

Marion's Go Go Offense is being utilized throughout the country in colleges and NFL. I think he's qualified to coach here.

Last edited:
Reactions: EPUTEP
lol So you don't have an answer.

Brennan Marion has been a coach for 13 years, including stops at Texas, Pittsburgh, and Arizona State.

Why would you choose Ben Arbuckle over Brennan Marion? You said Brennan Marion has only been an offensive coordinator for 4 years. Ben Arbuckle has less experience.
What else did I say in the sentence that followed about Marion being an offensive coordinator?

What else did I say in the sentence that followed about Marion being an offensive coordinator?

You stated this previously:

"The fact is he's been an offensive coordinator for four seasons."

What makes Ben Arbuckle a better candidate?

This part I can't argue with. That however is the only advantage he has. His on field results our marginally better than the coach we already have and he has the talent advantage. He has a nice story but I want us to win on the field more than I want to win in the press clippings.

His on field results our marginally better than the coach we already have...
This is a pretty disingenuous statement considering he's 4 - 1 with UNLV and averaging 36 points per game and beat the coach we have by 17 points in his first year as a D-1 coordinator. If you think that's marginally better then you're completely mental.

You know exactly what my preceding sentence was. Save the word games for the kids

What the heck are you talking about? You still haven't answered anything and are answering questions with questions.

You know exactly what my preceding sentence was. Save the word games for the kids

"Those are not quantifiable facts. There's no way to know if young players like him. I'm sure some do and I'm sure some don't. The fact is he's been an offensive coordinator for four seasons."

This is a pretty disingenuous statement considering he's 4 - 1 with UNLV and averaging 36 points per game and beat the coach we have by 17 points in his first year as a D-1 coordinator. If you think that's marginally better then you're completely mental.

That's the hard part about the Internet. You don't know if people are trolls or are really stupid.

Look at the offensive production. Yards per play, yards per pass and yards per rush. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about. They scored 36 points a game because their defense is very good at getting turnovers. This gives the offense short fields several times a game.

• Haha
What the heck are you talking about? You still haven't answered anything and are answering questions with questions.
Let help you out here buddy boy.

I read it. He's only been coordinator 4 years. None of those 4 have been great offensive years. They've been average. There's nothing about his game plan against UTEP that looked unique. We had something like 20 missed tackles in that game. Cut that in half and we probably hold them under 30. I'm all for giving up and comers a shot, but this guy's is average. UNLV averages 5.78 yards per play. We currently average 5.21 yards per play. I don't think anyone would consider us to be an explosive offense and they shouldn't for UNLV either. Their defense is why they score the points they do.

Look at the offensive production. Yards per play, yards per pass and yards per rush. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about. They scored 36 points a game because their defense is very good at getting turnovers. This gives the offense short fields several times a game.
It's Dimels QB that's turning the ball over. Doesn't he take some responsibility for that? Marion is running a freshman QB that is better than Dimels 6th year guy. You call that marginally better? And it doesn't matter how many yards per play you have if you can't get the ball in the end zone. Marion can and Dimel can't.

This is Marion's first year with UNLV! How many does Dimel have and he's still behind? Marginally better? C'mon mang.

Last edited:
calm down ladies... Dimel ain't going no place. He will convince Senter that all we need is a new OC. Problem solved...

We are calm. This is a message board. We are just talking.

Be careful who you call "ladies". It doesn't bother me if you want to talk dumb, but be careful who you talk to that way.

Dimel will be gone eventually.

calm down ladies... Dimel ain't going no place. He will convince Senter that all we need is a new OC. Problem solved...
That's not true I believe or from what I hear if UTEP does not by some Huge miracle win 5 more games and get Bowl Eligible he's gone 1 year before his contract ends!

Last edited:
Reactions: shyminer81
That's not true I believe or I hear. If UTEP does not by some Huge miracle win 5 more games and get Bowl Eligible he's gone 1 year before his contract ends!
Dimel's lost the fans, he's lost the team, losing sponsors and donors. There is no possible way he can survive another year. Senter is in survival mode. The only way he can survive is to hire a new coach that can instill some energy into the organization.

Dimel's lost the fans, he's lost the team, losing sponsors and donors. There is no possible way he can survive another year. Senter is in survival mode. The only way he can survive is to hire a new coach that can instill some energy into the organization.
Yes that's what I'm saying. I also believe he's gone after this year, I've dated that

Reactions: jdubb66
The biggest issue is utep has never been willing to make the commitment to winning and improving their athletics. We could attract a good coach with good direction of our athletic department.

BTW I remember programs like Arizona State were flirting with Mike Price.
Based on UTEP's resources, I would look to hire a successful FCS coach with a history of producing without many resources. They will probably be able to react to portal losses and rebuilding rosters.

I don't want Senter selecting the next HC, that's for sure. The entire AD needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt.
Give Senter credit, he’s a man of great judgement, that’s hard to fine. Dimel may suck, but he’s super nice and has historically won time of possession. You need to get it together before talking about Senter and Dimel! Sheesh!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT