ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on nmsu and UTA...

allminer

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 12, 2005
Well no one was expecting to go unbeaten, were they? Still sucks. Reading everyone's post, I think everyone is pretty much spot on with our weaknesses and causes for the loss. I disagree on one thing though. Someone posted the turnovers. Turnovers certainly aren't helpful, but we were even up on that category with the aggies. Rebounding troubles are a no brainer of course. But the two things that we usually do, we didn't. Out free throw our opponent, and as Coach Floyd pointed out after the Colorado State game...we didn't limit their primary player(s) to below their average. Siakam and Baker have accounted for just under 50% of all the aggie points this season. Last night they accounted for a whopping 63% of their points. Wow! This team has no shut down defender and is going to have to play much better team defense, or someone is going to have to step up their defensive game. I think that maybe Moore got caught up in the atmosphere of the game. He may be a Junior, but he's been playing his college ball in glorified high school gyms. It wasnt a large crowd (c'mon Las Cruces, you can't depend on El Paso for all you're revenue!) but it was probably the largest, most vocal crowd he's played before, my guess. I was disappointed in Artis's play too. He's nowhere near Hardaway...hell, I don't think he's even in Beto Bautista's class yet. I haven't seen that toughness. IMO, he's trying for a highlight reel on every fast break. Teich mentioned Jones was there in crutches. I didn't listen to the post game so I have no idea if Coach Johnson talked about a time line for his return.

UTA is good. Very good. I think they would handle enemas u with no problem good. They play so well as a team and run some great offensive sets. And they REBOUND. I'm trying hard to be there, work comes first. But hopefully we can get a good 9k to show and be loud.

Reactions: miner1liner
Aggies play defense and really well......don't think UTA is in the same class defense wise. It going to be a fun game to watch (if we shoot the ball well)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT