ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Floyd UTEP Resume

Are you on #TeamFloyd?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
Is MTSU and Davis the exception rather than the rule? Any other current teams that patiently waited on a coach for a decade and are now experiencing great results?

Jim larranga george mason had a worse record through 7 took George mason to the final 4 in his 9th year

Steve fisher sdsu had a worse record after 7 yrs and sdsu has averaged around 24 wins the past 5-6 yrs

Of course Kermit Davis

Rik Byrd of Belmont his first seven seasons at div 1 were not hot but have been fantastic the past 5-6 yrs

Just to name a few don't feel like looking things up....

Purple...you say a rendition of this same thing EVERY season...and have for the last several years. I know it's your opinion, but opinions don't mean much and a lot of opinions that have been in opposition to yours reflect reality much more accurately from year to year. You constantly "hope" for next year. You cannot deny that. You may get it right one year, after whiffing for 7 straight but you are 0 - fer...You have missed year after hopeful year. I agree with Lasercoog's assessment of you.

I answered your question about "Kermit or Floyd". I could tell you that before KS took over for mtsu he only had 7 years of head coaching experience compared to CTF's 20 plus before he took over UTEP, and three of those were JC ball, and 3 of those years were at Idaho. Floyd has the NBA inroads to help recruiting and Kermit doesn't. Kermit has won 4 conference championship titles to Floyd's zero. Kermit is 2-1 in NIT games, to Floyd's 0-2. Kermit Has been to 4 NCAAs to Floyd's zero. He is at Middle ****ing Tennessee State and recruiting quality NCAA players. Not being a dick at all. Your projections are hollow as far as I'm concerned. You miss, by far, every year. Wish in one hand and shit in the other. I don't care, though. I'm a hater because I bring a little reality to the discussion and have been mostly right in my projections for the last several years. I see the same fate for us next year...no NCAA tourney. Mark my words, pg will be our achillles heel next year.

Ok and I respect your opinion!! I just see things different... floyds has had some bad luck which hopefully can't go on forever....

I mean if things had gone out way you don't like this teams chances with lee Moore Vince hunter omega coming off the bench with Wynn?

That would have been a fantastic team he just needs the offseason bs to stop and we will get our team

Ok and I respect your opinion!! I just see things different... floyds has had some bad luck which hopefully can't go on forever....

I mean if things had gone out way you don't like this teams chances with lee Moore Vince hunter omega coming off the bench with Wynn?

That would have been a fantastic team he just needs the offseason bs to stop and we will get our team

Yes, I would like our chances with those guys. BUT...we don't have those guys! That's what I meant by wish in one hand, shit in the other. We can't keep basing expectations on what could have been. We can't. We are where we are.

I respect your eternal optimism. I don't want to continuously knock that. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I said that exact same thing to
you last year...and the year before.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Jim larranga george mason had a worse record through 7 took George mason to the final 4 in his 9th year

Steve fisher sdsu had a worse record after 7 yrs and sdsu has averaged around 24 wins the past 5-6 yrs

Of course Kermit Davis

Rik Byrd of Belmont his first seven seasons at div 1 were not hot but have been fantastic the past 5-6 yrs

Just to name a few don't feel like looking things up....

You forgot to mention in those 7 years George Mason went to the Big Dance twice and went to the NIT twice and won a game in the NIT.

You forgot to mention that Steve Fisher got SDSU to the Big Dance in year 3.

You forgot to mention in Belmont's 5th year of existence in D-1 they played in the Big Dance.

Your points are VERY flawed.

Last edited:
Yup and we can't keep having stupid shit come up in the offseason unless we truly are cursed??? Anyone got some dances to remove the hex?

Just remember what I said by the time Tim Floyd is done here we will have gone to multiple NCAA tournaments .... that's all I got to say about that.. (Forrest gump)

This is Omega's team and Gilyard will be coming in with unrealistically high expectations but he has no choice. Good side are the bigs coming back.

The biggest thing Floyd has against himself is himself. That is why next year won't be any different than this year and the previous years since he got here.

You have your opinion and I have mine....

Floyd will end here a winner that is my opinion

Just remember what I said by the time Tim Floyd is done here we will have gone to multiple NCAA tournaments .... that's all I got to say about that.. (Forrest gump)

Time, time, hear the bells chime
Over the harbor and the city
Time, one more vodka and lime
To help paralyze that tiny little tick, tick, tick, tick…

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT