ADVERTISEMENT

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl

Citer,

If Bernie is putting you up to this, post another article!

Kidding, but the Aguayo story is legit.

Florida State offense can’t protect its quarterback. Arizona State offense can’t score touchdowns. This game should be a blowout for the Sun Devils by now.

This game made me hold on to my dream of the spread making a strong comeback.

The Sun Bowl is near and dear to my heart. So many memories of my hometown and childhood. As a little girl, I once was an attendant in the Sun Bowl pageant and was able to ride in a float with the Sun Court on a Thanksgiving morning many, many moons ago. I remember wearing my little rabbit fur coat (when that was a thing), tiara and waving to all the spectators. My very first taste Of a fried turkey was at a tail gate party for the Sun Bowl. The first time that I thought I was going to die of frostbite was at the Sun Bowl. I’m so proud of this El Paso tradition and it brings pride to this Woman that my hometown continues to represent this bowl so well. All month long, you can turn on ESPN and watch countless bowls that just pop up, that have 10,000 fans in the stadium...but not our Sun Bowl. Say what you might, what other bowl game can bring A 6-6 FSU team and a 7-5 ASU team and get 42,000 people in the stands? Cheers to you Sun bowl and may you continue for another 80 years.

The thing about the Sun Bowl is they aren't greedy like UTEP. UTEP raised their tickets by over 100% to some games. Programs have been $5 at the Sun Bowl for at least the last 25 years. Tickets prices have only went up a couple dollars at the Sun Bowl the past 25 years.

The thing about the Sun Bowl is they aren't greedy like UTEP. UTEP raised their tickets by over 100% to some games. Programs have been $5 at the Sun Bowl for at least the last 25 years. Tickets prices have only went up a couple dollars at the Sun Bowl the past 25 years.

They might have sold more tickets (and parking) to the game using the UTEP Ticket Center [East and West] instead of an office building. I spent over one hour standing in line to buy my ticket yesterday.

That Alabama-Smu game was the coldest in Sun Bowl history. I’ll never forget it. My parents sat in the Captains Club and left me, my brother, uncle and cousins to deal with the weather. We were miserable and kept waving at them to take us home. They would see us and just wave back.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
That Alabama-Smu game was the coldest in Sun Bowl history. I’ll never forget it. My parents sat in the Captains Club and left me, my brother, uncle and cousins to deal with the weather. We were miserable and kept waving at them to take us home. They would see us and just wave back.

LOL Your parents sounded fun.

What was the temperature at that game?

Da fuq?!

"The most lopsided upset of the Sun Bowl was also the coldest. The temperature at kickoff dipped to 24 degrees and the winds blew at 15 miles per hour, gusting up to 35."
http://www.sunbowl.org/the_sun_bowl_game/recap/50
According to the NWS, the wind chill was between 11°F and 5°F.

One more thing: FL St. lost three footballs that went into this north end of the Sun Bowl, leading to the fans playing keep away from the equipment managers. That was because their is no net in that end zone.Word gets around with the other ACC schools @TonyTheTiger_SB.

That was the first sun bowl with the expanded seating capacity. The first of many more crowds of over 40k.

In 1983 the #6 team in the country played here, now the #5 choice from the PAC-12 plays the #4-8th choice from the ACC. In 2050, the Sun Bowl will be the #4 choice from the Sun Belt versus the #7 choice from CUSA.

It was a nice day at the Sun Bowl until a fight broke out right next to me.

That happened 2 rows in front of me. Wow so close to each other. I was the guy that was kissing his boyfriend after every touchdown, turnover, first down, penalty, and injury TO

cheryl-cole.gif

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT