ADVERTISEMENT

Typical UTEP

Kugler didn't win any games his last season and the team wasn't competitive. And once his recruits started filtering through they got worse.

Dimel redshirted every player his first season. So Dimel year one was with Kugler recruits.

My one thing compliment I have always given Dimel is that he has built up a roster and kids don't leave.
I’ll give him that. Plus he’s gotten rid of a lot of local deadweights on he team.

Did Bailey’s players make the same mistakes game after game.? I don’t recall.
Im sure he was a better game manager. ( Time outs, game flow.)
Played better teams also. I know the schedule isn’t on Dismel, but he should have a lot better record than he has.
Last years record look better cause of the quality of our competition.

Um, nobody went to the game because of Dimel. Yesterday was a well executed marketing plan, backed off of a “good season”, before UTEP had lost a game.

No $9 tickets and business freebies, would have been 20,000 - at best.
I agree. Plus they had bands and cheerleaders there so you had their families attending. The Athletic Department did their work getting butts in seats and it’s a shame the football teams just wilted in the second half. If they would have made it a close dog fight I think fans could have some hope and optimism with NMSU in two weeks.

I don’t think you’re wrong but at the very least they should be able to play mistake free football. But these guys are what they are. Hardison hasn’t figured out how to hit a short pass after 4 years in the program, and however many years of prep football he’s not going to learn now. Same with these WRs and their drops.
I agree

I go off what I see not what others say. It's worked out for me my whole life. Not gonna change it up now

LOL So I guess being in the Pro Football Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything to you? You don't believe stats?

I guess you don't believe anything that happened that you didn't see with your own eyes? 😂

I was thinking today, is this even the offense Dimmel wants to run? What happened to that RPO offense we ran with Locksley under center?

Reactions: FedupMiner
LOL So I guess being in the Pro Football Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything to you? You don't believe stats?

I guess you don't believe anything that happened that you didn't see with your own eyes? 😂
Straw man argument. Good try though. Not sure why you're so worked up by my opinion, but I hope you can find some peace.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Straw man argument. Good try though. Not sure why you're so worked up by my opinion, but I hope you can find some peace.

I'm not worked up. I'm laughing at you that you think Seth Joyner was better than Don Maynard.

What makes Joyner better than Maynard?

Do you also agree that Seth Joyner was the best player to come out of Texas Western/UTEP?
Not necessarily. How does one even measure a LB against a WR or a RB for instance? Nonetheless I wouldn’t knock someone for thinking SJ was the best player to come out of UTEP.

I’m sure Taco could substantiate that claim and back it up with some solid evidence to support it.

I was thinking today, is this even the offense Dimmel wants to run? What happened to that RPO offense we ran with Locksley under center?
That is the million dollar question. The RPO is the offense Dimel knows how to run but he runs a pro style offense with an average at best QB with zero running ability.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Not necessarily. How does one even measure a LB against a WR or a RB for instance? Nonetheless I wouldn’t knock someone for thinking SJ was the best player to come out of UTEP.

I’m sure Taco could substantiate that claim and back it up with some solid evidence to support it.

Don Maynard is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Seth Joyner isn't even in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT