ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrin Smith - gone

Loyalty is dead and selfishness is alive. OU benched the kid who was the Heisman favorite at the start of the year and stuck with this kid the rest of the season. He pays them back by entering the transfer portal. Where does he think he will find a better deal?

Loyalty is dead and selfishness is alive. OU benched the kid who was the Heisman favorite at the start of the year and stuck with this kid the rest of the season. He pays them back by entering the transfer portal. Where does he think he will find a better deal?

Yeah but his coach bolted so.....

Reactions: JCorona
Anyone know why one of the coaches tweeted “smh” and did the 🤔 to Smith?
Smith's tweet included a statement thanking "all the coaches who offered me a chance to join their program" while only reporting 1 offer from WKU. I'm assuming it had to do with that but I could be wrong. But I agree that coaches don't need to be trolling players. I would guess that coach Ohara didn't appreciate that trolling by the rb coach.

Coach Nealy also tweeted a picture of a fb player and wrote "guess who?". Must be a stud recruit rb.

Glad to see Smith returning. Smith played better as the season wore on. I hope he’s able to keep that same momentum into next season. He’ll probably be our top receiver next season.

Before we talk about firing a coach, here is one side of the story:

1.) Player A enters the transfer portal and immeditately started getting followed by big time programs.

2.) Player B plays the same position as Player A. Player B see's the immediate recruiting attention that player A got and thinks he can get at least half of that attention. He then enters the portal WITHOUT much consultation with the coaching staff in advance.

3.) The coaching staff then goes out and works to fill the hole left by players A & B. They sign a JC player late who plays the same position as players A & B. They then also make offers to multiple other players who also play the same position.

4.) Player B then publicly announces that he is returning, but again WITHOUT much consultation with the coaching staff.

5.) Coach who has been working to fill the void and has been sending out new offers to new players, reply's with "????" and confused emoji face.

Additionally, a number of people on this board started listing the transfer portal as an additional reason to fire Dimel right after Cowing and Smith entered. As of 10:30am on 1/8/22(because we never know what these kids will do tomorrow), UTEP has actually had one of the better retention successes with regard to the portal. There are two more expected to enter, but there hasn't been the mass exit that would indicate a major problem within the program.

Last edited:

1.) Player A enters the transfer portal and immeditately started getting followed by big time programs.

2.) Player B plays the same position as Player A. Player B see's the immediate recruiting attention that player A got and thinks he can get at least half of that attention. He then enters the portal WITHOUT much consultation with the coaching staff in advance.

3.) The coaching staff then goes out and tries to fill the hole left by players A & B. They sign a JC player who plays the same position as players A & B. They also make offers to multiple other players who also play the same position.

4.) Player B then publicly announces that he is returning, but again WITHOUT much consultation with the coaching staff.

5.) Coach who has been working to fill the void and has been sending out new offers to new players, reply's with "????" and confused emoji face.

Additionally, a number of people on this board started listing the transfer portal as an additional reason to fire Dimel right after Cowing and Smith entered. As of 10:30am on 1/8/22(because we never know that these kids will do tomorrow), UTEP has actually had one of the better retention successes with regard to the portal. There are two more expected to enter, but there hasn't been the mass exit that would indicate a major problem within the program.
Well presented.

3.) The coaching staff then goes out and works to fill the hole left by players A & B. They sign a JC player late who plays the same position as players A & B. They then also make offers to multiple other players who also play the same position.

Additionally, a number of people on this board started listing the transfer portal as an additional reason to fire Dimel right after Cowing and Smith entered. As of 10:30am on 1/8/22(because we never know what these kids will do tomorrow), UTEP has actually had one of the better retention successes with regard to the portal. There are two more expected to enter, but there hasn't been the mass exit that would indicate a major problem within the program.
Tell me you’re the coach who posted the tweets, without telling me 😂

Reactions: nattybry

Well now Player B better have to beat out JC addition/other recruits or sit on the bench because Player B could just do the same crap next year. Player B needs to work on humbleness as well.

I agree with this for the most part. However, in my opinion, we should not have coaches engaging with players in this manner via social media. Handle this in house. Senter's subsequent tweet welcoming Smith back wholeheartedly just feels like a lame attempt at damage control.

I agree with this for the most part. However, in my opinion, we should not have coaches engaging with players in this manner via social media. Handle this in house. Senter's subsequent tweet welcoming Smith back wholeheartedly just feels like a lame attempt at damage control.
I don't think Senter's tweet was lame in this case. He is basically telling coach Nealy to lay off. Appropriate coming from either Dimel or Senter. jmho

Reactions: shyminer81
What's interesting to me is that Senter hasn't had Nealy remove the tweets

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT