ADVERTISEMENT

UAB Game thread

A good game now blown wide open, Good Job Special Teams and the defense is spent, was decent for almost 3 quarters. Oh well, we got to hope for 3 full quarters at least on to other stuff today I guess SMH

Reactions: kickballpro
Unbelievable
We saw the special teams were going to be a problem since the start of the season. It's unbelievable that we have to always give jobs to friends and family of the program instead of hiring the best candidate available.

Reactions: picks up
Penalties and special teams are the Achilles heel of this team. Definitely feels like a seven win team in the sense there is talent and glimpses of what we could be, but never really able to put it all together at the same time. Really rough to end the season on this type of loss.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Since we're going to most likely finish 7-6 is that really good enough to return? Holtz is available among a bunch of other good coches.

Since we're going to most likely finish 7-6 is that really good enough to return? Holtz is available among a bunch of other good coches.
No way do I want Skip Holtz. If you think Dimel is bad, at least the team hasn’t given up on him. La Tech is in a complete free fall and I would much rather take a chance on a young and hungry coordinator. I don’t care if they jump ship in 3 years if it means 3 years of continuous program improvement.

No way they let Dimel go but I don't think he gets an extension either. Senter better fire Price personally if Dimel doesn't after the bowl game

Reactions: shyminer81
No way they let Dimel go but I don't think he gets an extension either. Senter better fire Price personally if Dimel doesn't after the bowl game
Sending a coach into his final contract year without an extension usually results in a lame duck season. If Dimel loses the bowl, I would gain a ton of respect for Senter if he sent him packing.

Sending a coach into his final contract year without an extension usually results in a lame duck season. If Dimel loses the bowl, I would gain a ton of respect for Senter if he sent him packing.
I don't see an extension happening unless there's a bowl win. I'm willing to bet that Dimel doesn't get fired. Senter doesn't have the balls to do that

UTEP has shown they can beat bad teams, and lose to decent teams. I guess an improvement from 0 and 1 win season. I personally wouldn’t mind if Dimel doesn’t return, his management is horrible. We all know Senter will probably extend him, if he hasn’t already done so

Reactions: develman
Aaron Price
giphy.gif

In the off season I predicted we would go 7-5 but now that we're here at 7-5, this season feels like a disappointment. I believe we left 2 or 3 wins on the table.

Reactions: MinerManiac
In the off season I predicted we would go 7-5 but now that we're here at 7-5 this season feels like a disappointment. I believe we left 2 or 3 wins on the table.
The FAU and UNT games were there to be had. IMO only the UTSA and Bosie St. were we obviously out-classed talent-wise, out coached as well.

Reactions: JCorona
I really don’t want to see these shitty coaches again in a bowl game.
I'm not of the same feeling, because I don't feel the two huge fumbles on special teams are on Dimel or UTEP as a whole they're on special teams and special teams coach! UTEP had a great response to make it a 3 point game and then the defense finally started getting tired. Take away bone head penalties and those two ST fumbles and we probably come out on top against a team that is better than us on the road. It's just upsetting that two costly mistakes changed the game! I'll be watching and hoping for the 1st bowl win in my lifetime still! If more than 50% of you say you had the miners 7-5 you're lying. I myself thought 5-7 and maybe 6-6 at best. I'm disappointed, but still happy we got 7 wins and still think it's a step to better things next year. Would love a bowl win, but I know that'll be tough!

I'm not of the same feeling, because I don't feel the two huge fumbles on special teams are on Dimel or UTEP as a whole they're on special teams and special teams coach! UTEP had a great response to make it a 3 point game and then the defense finally started getting tired. Take away bone head penalties and those two ST fumbles and we probably come out on top against a team that is better than us on the road. It's just upsetting that two costly mistakes changed the game! I'll be watching and hoping for the 1st bowl win in my lifetime still! If more than 50% of you say you had the miners 7-5 you're lying. I myself thought 5-7 and maybe 6-6 at best. I'm disappointed, but still happy we got 7 wins and still think it's a step to better things next year. Would love a bowl win, but I know that'll be tough!
We all will be watching. That’s what we do, it’s another thing to throw a few grand to watch them at the NM bowl. I consider this 7-5 season a great season. We are UTEP fans, this is nearing mecca levels for our program. Congrats to the players and yes even the coaching staff. 🤢 😂

No way do I want Skip Holtz. If you think Dimel is bad, at least the team hasn’t given up on him. La Tech is in a complete free fall and I would much rather take a chance on a young and hungry coordinator. I don’t care if they jump ship in 3 years if it means 3 years of continuous program improvement.
Shhh Corona gets confused with facts

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
The team is improved. He's earned the chance to try to improve them again next season.

Let's enjoy the bowl game and benefit from the extra practices. The defense is definitely improved, although they've had bad breakdowns at the end of halves/games. I think they can fix that. Hardison has gotten some great experience this season and he still has two seasons left.

I don't think this would be a good time to blow up the team. We've suffered through several 1-win seasons but now we have a winning record. Just enjoy it for what it is!

Take it easy, guys. Especially on Aaron Price. Just throw a million bucks a year at him. Problem solved. Best special teams in the country guaranteed.
Nope you hire a coach that's worth a million dollars. Might even be able to get him for less.

Clay Helton won a Rose bowl for USC a few years ago. Was fired with only one losing season and going 46-24 overall. Now he's headed to Georgia Southern for 800k.

I'm not sure why anyone would be opposed to that.

Their basketball team won more games with their rookie coach than Terry did his third year. Off to the same start as Golding this year. His salary? Half of what Terry and Golding make.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT