ADVERTISEMENT

UNT makes turnaround under first-year coach

It not just about him turning around the program from a 1 win team last year- it's his character and how he brought the team together.

Charlie Bailey did his 1st year (through his defensive coaching which is why he was lured to UTEP), Gary Nord took UTEP to the blue smurf turf in Boise, Mike Price not only reenergized the team, he electrified the city big time, and those were fun days. Kugler came riding into El Paso with a flame thrower, some commercial grade bleach and threw out everything, broadened his shoulders and swore a new type of toughness at UTEP (Mike Price basically espoused the same thing because UTEP had a history of falling apart come November). His "does it look like I drink light beer?!" had everyone feeling proud.

That 1st year high can be some good stuff.

Reactions: develman
2016 UTSA is an even better turn around model under first year coach. They were absolutely abysmal last year, bowling this year.

Reactions: UTEP05
We beat both UTSA and UNT this year. We're beating the best teams in Texas now, just a matter of time when we're beating the best teams in the USA.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Look, I was a big FCS fan and outside of ASU and UofA, I don't know 2 much about FBS. Im barely learning about it. I guess my knowledge is limited.

Ok folks, as far as the C-USA "Texas division", UTEP is the best this year.

UTEP and UTSA are both 2-1 in the "Texas division" while UNT and Rice are both 1-2 within that division. So the tie breaker between UTEP and UTSA is the head to head meeting between the 2 and UTEP won that in a thrilling 5 OT game! Yippee!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT