ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Season Predictions

UTEP05

All Star
Sep 20, 2016
I am sure most of you would want to change your pre-season predictions.

Southern MIss- L
Louisiana Tech- L
FIU- W
UTSA- L
Old Dominion- W
Houston Baptist- W
Florida Atlantic- L
Rice- W
North Texas- L

Based on the performance against Army, I see 4 more wins, 5 at the very most. I hope I am wrong.

As I previously said, the silver lining is that the conference is just as horrible as we are -- 4-23 against FBS non-conference teams so far. As far as your predictions, probably right for the most part, but I would think we should at least split between FAU and North Texas, and that would get us to 6. Then again, we should have held Army under 60, so what the hell do I know?

The defense was horrible vs Army but the offense hasn't done anything since the NMSU game. If the offense had moved the chains vs Texas (Texas has a bad defense) then that game would have been much more respectable. The offense hurt our defense in the Army game and kept us from being competitive. Our O-line was supposed to be a strength but not so far.

6-6 or 7-5 are possible but that offense better start moving the ball consistently.

Bowl game if he starts trying to use a passing game. It doesn't even have to be great but you at least have to show the threat of one.

Last year when we had our backs against the wall at this same time in the season with all the injuries, Kugler turned it around and exceeded expectations and almost made a bowl game. I have a feeling he is going to do the same thing.....7 wins.

As bad as its been, and its terrible, this season is far from over. After Saturday the schedule gets really soft. Kugler's teams get better as the season goes on. No excuses not to get to at least six with this schedule.

As bad as its been, and its terrible, this season is far from over. After Saturday the schedule gets really soft. Kugler's teams get better as the season goes on. No excuses not to get to at least six with this schedule.

I wish I was more confident than you. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see UTEP winning 5 out of their next 8 games.

LA Tech- 1-3- They are MUCH better than a 1-3 team and lost by 1 to Arkansas.

FIU- 0-4- Should be a win, but you never know.

UTSA- 1-3-They are MUCH better than their record indicates and should have beaten
ASU. Will be a very tough game to win.

Old Dominion- 2-2- They are a fair team. Winning a game in the eastern time zone- really don't see it happening.

Houston Baptist- 2-2- They better win that game.

Florida Atlantic- 1-3- Toss up game, but again a game in the eastern time zone.

Rice- 0-4- Rice has had a tough schedule so far, so who knows so far.

North Texas- 2-2- Don't see UTEP winning this one.

I wish I was more confident than you. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see UTEP winning 5 out of their next 8 games.

LA Tech- 1-3- They are MUCH better than a 1-3 team and lost by 1 to Arkansas.

FIU- 0-4- Should be a win, but you never know.

UTSA- 1-3-They are MUCH better than their record indicates and should have beaten
ASU. Will be a very tough game to win.

Old Dominion- 2-2- They are a fair team. Winning a game in the eastern time zone- really don't see it happening.

Houston Baptist- 2-2- They better win that game.

Florida Atlantic- 1-3- Toss up game, but again a game in the eastern time zone.

Rice- 0-4- Rice has had a tough schedule so far, so who knows so far.

North Texas- 2-2- Don't see UTEP winning this one.

The way UTEP is currently playing I agree with you. The ODU game is in El Paso so that should help. It's also homecoming. I can see UTEP being favored over FIU and HB and the FAU, ODU, UTSA, Rice and UNT games all being tossups or UTEP a slight underdog.

Reactions: UTEP05
Last year when we had our backs against the wall at this same time in the season with all the injuries, Kugler turned it around and exceeded expectations and almost made a bowl game. I have a feeling he is going to do the same thing.....7 wins.

Very true. However, there was visible progress, especially after IW game. Do we treat Kugler like every other former head coach and lower the bar again, again and again. Just four weeks ago this squad was supposed to contend for the west and players themselves said their goal was the CUSA championship.

But if 3rd or 4th place and NM Bowl is the prize and with "we almost beat La Tech or WKU" then so be it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT