ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP’s both a hard place to win and one of college football’s random landmarks

That's a pretty thorough assessment and you can't argue with the numbers. You can't gage heart and desire though. We'll see how everything works out.

That was a great breakdown. Usually they have these writers that don't know anything about the conference, or team break it down. That has to be one of the best I have ever seen.
Though, I also agree with Jdubb that lets hope the intangibles are what gets us into a bowl.

Is it "improvement" if we end up with the same record as last season due to the tougher schedule?

That was a great breakdown. Usually they have these writers that don't know anything about the conference, or team break it down. That has to be one of the best I have ever seen.
Though, I also agree with Jdubb that lets hope the intangibles are what gets us into a bowl.
Bill Connelly has an extensive knowledge of the college football world. His preview for the 2016 season was also spot on. He predicted 4.9 wins while most of us hoped we would hit seven or more. I have enjoyed his work for many years.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...02/utep-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster

U will never convince me that it cant be done here, since Boise St has proved it or in Basketball how Gonzaga has proved it. We may be remote as far as being far from major cities, but we are an area of over 1 million people we are not a tiny town in thw middle of no where. The struggle continues, because the commitment is not there. If we continue to act like a small poor losing program, then that's how we'll stay!

U will never convince me that it cant be done here, since Boise St has proved it or in Basketball how Gonzaga has proved it. We may be remote as far as being far from major cities, but we are an area of over 1 million people we are not a tiny town in thw middle of no where. The struggle continues, because the commitment is not there. If we continue to act like a small poor losing program, then that's how we'll stay!
BOOM!!!!!!

Well said!!!!

Is it "improvement" if we end up with the same record as last season due to the tougher schedule?
It might be an improvement in the sense that if we end up with the same record we will likely be replacing Kugler. It might also backfire if we make a bad hire.

If it comes to that I hope we make a "statement" hire. Someone with a strong name that puts the conference on notice that we are going to take football seriously.

If we lost Kugler, then I would like to see the stars align to where we could get someone like Todd Graham(assuming something happened to him at ASU). Kugler will have a full year to get things squared away, I hope that he can do it, but the ball is fully in his court.

If we lost Kugler, then I would like to see the stars align to where we could get someone like Todd Graham(assuming something happened to him at ASU). Kugler will have a full year to get things squared away, I hope that he can do it, but the ball is fully in his court.

Really, D? A tennis metaphor for a FB coach? lol

lieb

Reactions: UTEPDefense
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT