ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at Pacific OPT

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
Miners 64
Tigers 56

Should be a favorable matchup for us as Pacific plays small, however their best players are a pair of 6'6" forwards.
Boum with 20+. Tydus 10/8/3.
Interested to see who starts and finishes at the 4.

Was it 2006 John Tofi hits his first 3 to send UTEP v Pacific into overtime?

UTEP 66
California's Oldest University (1851) 72

I didn't like what I saw against a much better NMSU team (as compared to Pacific) but we were ice cold shooting. Make me eat my words UTEP.

All oddsmakers are saying put it all on UTEP. If Boum and Bienemy are at least warm, yeah. If they get hot, it will be tough for Pacific. Boum is basically back home so expect him to be laser focused with loved ones and friends watching.

“UTEP has been clicking offensively in the early going this season with their lone loss a six-point road defeat to New Mexico State. Pacific spent their first three games in the Rainbow Classic in the Hawaiian Islands, going 1-2, before bouncing back with their win over Stanislaus State. The Tigers are still adjusting to Leonard Perry as coach after being under the tutelage of Damon Stoudamire the past several years. It’s going to be a challenge for Pacific to slow down the Miners and they don’t have the weapons to keep up with UTEP if they’re clicking on the offensive end. Look for UTEP to come up with the road win in this contest.”

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/ncaab/11-19-2021/utep-vs-pacific-prediction-594/

Reactions: Prospero915
I think way too optimistic a game outlook. Don't think Pacific is all that great but our players have in years past underperformed on the road, we are adjusting to a new coach as well. We do have a depth advantage and likely size as well but you never know what you will get with this team on the road.
Agree. Let's hope our defense travels and gives us some easy buckets.

Reactions: miner1liner
We're either going to get the team that beat Arizona St and played Arizona and Kansas tough or the team that lost to Southern Miss. I'll give Golding the benefit of the doubt.

We're either going to get the team that beat Arizona St and played Arizona and Kansas tough or the team that lost to Southern Miss. I'll give Golding the benefit of the doubt.
The defensive intensity alone is already ahead of any team CRT coached while here. I also see our inside-out game freeing some of our shooters up on the perimeter. If we can hit some open shots, we will be a “decent” team and should beat Pacific, imo.

76-68. UTEP.

Last edited:
I think way too optimistic a game outlook......
NoWins hit the "Like" button so hard and fast he busted the left click on his mouse.

Anyways, I agree with VOM because I did not like at all the frigid shooting at NMSU. Now in all fairness to Golding, he was honest during his postgame show Tuesday night that he was teaching them "how" to get ready for the next opponent, on the road, in a short amount of time for prep and that takes time. Obviously, Terry didn't teach it. He state they really only had Wednesday to prep for Pacific because Thursday they travel.

Fingers crossed and one Hail Mary.

Reactions: miner1liner
I think way too optimistic a game outlook. Don't think Pacific is all that great but our players have in years past underperformed on the road, we are adjusting to a new coach as well. We do have a depth advantage and likely size as well but you never know what you will get with this team on the road.
3 of our starters are pretty used to traveling. 2 are from the area in Cali and will have family and friends. That can work for them or against them we'll see. I think it'll be close, but we should be a better team overall.

Reactions: axingfools1
I need to "get a grip". Every year I wrap myself up with high expectations only to be let down. Here we are after three games and I'm already questioning our abilities mainly because of the Aggie game. What I've got to recognize is A) The Aggies, next to Kansas might be the best we face all year, so I shouldn't have expected a win.B) Don't give them a failing grade so early.C) Golding needs more player evaluation time to establish a fixed rotation.
After this Pacific game and the next Aggie game, I think we'll have a better idea of what we have. In addition to TV, SB, JB and KK who will be the others? Sibley is still a question mark. Bonke to me looks to have unlimited potential, but Kulu has also had his moments. I know what Hollins and Agnew bring, but not sure about their PT. I also feel that Satterfield could be key from a reliable scoring standpoint and maybe White as well.
Let's start by whipping the Beach Boys tonight.

From what I've seen on Pacific during their last game vs a much inferior opponent.

#10 Anderson is not afraid to shoot a contested 3 or drive it in. I'm not sure who's going to guard him on our end. Maybe Bienemy.

#21 Avdalovic is a NAU transfer and also prefers to shoot the 3 and is pretty deadly from it. He's a tall guard and maybe we need Kennedy on him.

#13 Bailey is the best player on their team. He looks to be a guard/forward hybrid and I think will pose a ton of problems for us tonight.

#3 Crockrell is their PG. Didn't really see too much of him but looks like a balanced player. I think Boum or Agnew could take care of him.

#15 Freeman is their biggest man and looked good in their last game but I don't think we'll see much of him today since we have the size to match up with him.

#25 Blake made a few highlights but there's not enough video on him to say much more.

#24 Outlaw and #0 Rouse are getting decent playing time minutes but not showing up in the highlight videos. Hopefully we keep it like that tonight.

From what I've seen on Pacific during their last game vs a much inferior opponent.

#10 Anderson is not afraid to shoot a contested 3 or drive it in. I'm not sure who's going to guard him on our end. Maybe Bienemy.

#21 Avdalovic is a NAU transfer and also prefers to shoot the 3 and is pretty deadly from it. He's a tall guard and maybe we need Kennedy on him.

#13 Bailey is the best player on their team. He looks to be a guard/forward hybrid and I think will pose a ton of problems for us tonight.

#3 Crockrell is their PG. Didn't really see too much of him but looks like a balanced player. I think Boum or Agnew could take care of him.

#15 Freeman is their biggest man and looked good in their last game but I don't think we'll see much of him today since we have the size to match up with him.

#25 Blake made a few highlights but there's not enough video on him to say much more.

#24 Outlaw and #0 Rouse are getting decent playing time minutes but not showing up in the highlight videos. Hopefully we keep it like that tonight.
Sibley is a guard/forward type. Maybe we'll see him on Bailey.
Pacifists 65
Miners 75

Reactions: JCorona

Did you watch one of their games, JC?

HOLY GUACAMOLE!
UTAH STATE 83
NMSU 58
GO FIGURE. SO MUCH FOR OUR AGGIE PRAISE and Miner excuses losing to such a quality team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT