ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Brison Gresham is transferring from Houston. Definitely looking for more playing time.

Well I thought we could do more in the portal to bring in some size and experience, but it looks like the coaches are trying to fill out the roster with JC forwards.

Well I thought we could do more in the portal to bring in some size and experience, but it looks like the coaches are trying to fill out the roster with JC forwards.
I think they’re just trying to get recruits of any sort at this point. Doesn’t seem like we’ve had much of any success on the recruiting end with this new coaching staff..

Both Washington and Lindsay are for next year’s (2022-23) team. They will not play for the team, this year (2021-22). If they decide to come here. Even though Washington probably isn’t going to make the deans list, he also has offers from DePaul and Arizona St.

Our recruiting has really stalled since hiring the new coaches. Hopefully it pays off next cycle. I guess it's good that we have no seniors, but I'm not sure why we couldn't land at least 1 upper classman transfer?

Reactions: utep-piggy
I just saw that Cisse landed at Oklahoma State. How is coach Boynton landing highly rated 5 star recruits with no previous head coaching experience and a record just above .500? I guess his connection to Cunningham helped, but this all smells fishy.

Our recruiting has really stalled since hiring the new coaches. Hopefully it pays off next cycle. I guess it's good that we have no seniors, but I'm not sure why we couldn't land at least 1 upper classman transfer?
I guess the bright side is that Western Kentucky has to about out of scholarships by this point, right? ;)

Reactions: axingfools1
The real issue is our coach should be at the peak of his notoriety for what he did in the tournament, but that’s not translating to recruiting.

He better make a splash during this first season (unlikely), cause recruiting won’t get any easier if he’s riding that struggle bus...

I can’t imagine he is a recruit for 2022. Gotta be for this upcoming year.

Too soon to give an unknown prospect an offer this far out (2022) when Golding should have more options for bigs open up after a season here. Just my opinion.

In the website recap of the schedule today it mentions all of players on the roster, but not Kevin Kalu. What should we make of this?

Could be, but I don't think Kezza Giffa is enrolled yet either; in fact last I heard he hadn't made it across the Atlantic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT