ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Good size for a SF. About like OF3. Good numbers at the JC level. 13 pts/gm, 6.5 reb/gm, and shoots the 3 at 37%. Hope it translates to big boy bb. Well…medium big boy bb anyway.
I suspect he is/will be a PF. At least his first year.

He previously committed to UIW.... and the other 3 schools listed at verbal commits are nothing to write home about.

His stats were good enough for a first year player who will have 3 to play.

Edit, I presumed he would stay in juco another year. But he is playing at utep this year. This could be a pretty valuable guy if he stays 3 years.

Jan 10, 2024
southern.png
Southern
fiber_manual_recordOFFERED
Jan 10, 2024
prairie-view-a-m.png
Prairie View A&M
Jul 24, 2022
southern-nazarene.png
Southern Nazarene
fiber_manual_recordOFFERED (NONE)
Jun 25, 2022
incarnate-word.png
Incarnate Word

Last edited:
Did I miss something and we lost an assistant coach?
Probably needs to be an assistant coach thread because now that everyone can have 5, I suspect mid and low major programs will lose 2-3 per year on average. Some fired. Some get promotions &/or pay raises.
(Almost zero firings will be called firings)
An ETSU guy went from being an assistant coach at ETSU to being an assistant coach at a juco. People don't move cross country for 50-70% less money at a less prestigious job on their own except in really rare instances. When you see that it's probably safe to assume he was not welcomed back.
I expect a of years, for guys that are being fired, they are given months of paid notice so they can look for other jobs while staying on the payroll at least until a replacement is found.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT