ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Schedule

CUSA is getting closer to that range.
Well technically CUSA in basketball didn't get much worse. FAU had a great year, but that was outta no where. NMSU is a perennial NCAA team, well until they had all the drama last year that is. Liberty is always in the NCAA and has more money and resources than most if not all mid majors. Sam Houston St. has been consistent in basketball and Jacksonville St. is just eh eh. Besides UAB and FAU who only was great last year, what basketball schools left CUSA? I'll wait...

Well technically CUSA in basketball didn't get much worse. FAU had a great year, but that was outta no where. NMSU is a perennial NCAA team, well until they had all the drama last year that is. Liberty is always in the NCAA and has more money and resources than most if not all mid majors. Sam Houston St. has been consistent in basketball and Jacksonville St. is just eh eh. Besides UAB and FAU who only was great last year, what basketball schools left CUSA? I'll wait...

The conference may be less shitty by subtraction but it's still an afterthought to most people.

Outside of a dominant team running the table and winning the tourney, I'd expect our autobid to range between 13 and 15 moving forward.

May not be much of a difference from the 10-13 of WAC and CUSAs past but it's definitely lower.

The conference may be less shitty by subtraction but it's still an afterthought to most people.

Outside of a dominant team running the table and winning the tourney, I'd expect our autobid to range between 13 and 15 moving forward.

May not be much of a difference from the 10-13 of WAC and CUSAs past but it's definitely lower.
It doesn't really matter I guess, but I'd say the same same 12-15. The 15 is only if there's an upset though and one of the top 2 teams doesn't win. We'll see this year I think it's a lot of unknown. I don't disagree with ya, but I guess we'll see.

Previous CUSA seeds
2014 - Tulsa #13
2015 - UAB #14
2016 - MTSU #15
2017 - MTSU #12
2018 - Marshall #13
2019 - ODU #14
2021 - UNT #13
2022 - UAB #12
2023 - FAU #9

CUSA was already getting 14 & 15 with better teams, it’s probably going to be more likely going forward.

Previous CUSA seeds
2014 - Tulsa #13
2015 - UAB #14
2016 - MTSU #15
2017 - MTSU #12
2018 - Marshall #13
2019 - ODU #14
2021 - UNT #13
2022 - UAB #12
2023 - FAU #9

CUSA was already getting 14 & 15 with better teams, it’s probably going to be more likely going forward.
Yup, so 12-15 like I stated seems pretty accurate. Alot of those were wins for CUSA too

USCB, LMU, TAMU-CC are solid games. Golding has a lot of work to do to bring UTEP’s reputation back and this is a good start.

I was hoping for a road game @ Texas or @ Ole Miss.

Terry scheduled a weak ass non-conference schedule, so we would’ve fit the bill.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: axingfools1
Major P5’s are not lining up to play WKU. P5 will not touch UTEP because it does not help their SOS. They do have Wichita State. They are the headliner for the Northern Classic. UTEP is not where WKU even is. Not to throw shade, but that’s sad.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Major P5’s are not lining up to play WKU. P5 will not touch UTEP because it does not help their SOS. They do have Wichita State. They are the headliner for the Northern Classic. UTEP is not where WKU even is. Not to throw shade, but that’s sad.

You SOS thesis isn’t true for all or even most P5 schools. Outside the early tournaments, they play a lot of weak opponents. Glorified scrimmages, basically.

We should be pursuing some road games with P5s.

Major P5’s are not lining up to play WKU. P5 will not touch UTEP because it does not help their SOS.
Lies, lies, lies

NMSU is playing at Louisville and at Kentucky
Sam Houston is playing roadies against OK St, Ole Miss, Arizona St, and Texas Tech

FAU is playing neutral site games against Illinois and Arizona.

I guess Illinois and Arizona would rather lose to FAU on a neutral site than beat UTEP at home.

Reactions: unihorn
Lies, lies, lies

Sam Houston is playing roadies against OK St, Ole Miss, Arizona St, and Texas Tech

I guess Illinois and Arizona would rather lose to FAU on a neutral site than beat UTEP at home.
NMSU has a shot against Louisville mess they are.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Lies, lies, lies

Sam Houston gets it — nothing to lose.

Golding has a lot of work to do. Season two did so much damage with mass departures and the conference was tough. Now, Liberty and SHSU coming in to the conference and will immediately be contending for the conference.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Miners are hosting Chicago St on 1/7/24. A Sunday, which is the last day of the NFL regular season. Game is also sandwiched in between the NMSU and FIU conference road games.

Reactions: unihorn
Should also be noted that Chicago St signed a brother tandem of ex-5 star recruits. They played for Overtime Elite, so I am not sure they will ever play, but who knows

Looking forward to the excuses when golding loses to them.

Miners are hosting Chicago St on 1/7/24. A Sunday, which is the last day of the NFL regular season. Game is also sandwiched in between the NMSU and FIU conference road games.
Gotta do what ever it takes to get as many cream puffs in the schedule so UTEP can get those coveted 20 lame wins to keep the die hards happy. We will lose to USCB, LMU, TAMU-CC, finish 7th in CUSA, and lose in the first round of the CBI to South Eastern Montana, but the season will be a success because we won 20 games. And it will be Golding’s second 20 win season in 3 years.

Last edited:
Gotta do what ever it takes to get as many cream puffs in the schedule so UTEP can get those coveted 20 lame wins to keep the die hards happy. We will lose to USCB, LMU, TAMU-CC, finish 7th in CUSA, and lose in the first round of the CBI to South Eastern Montana, but the season will be a success because we won 20 games. And it will be Golding’s second 20 win season in 3 years.
Seriously, be quiet bro sorry, but season hasn't even started and it will be Goldings 3rd year, save your negative energy for the season LMAO

Aside from those 3 NCAAT in the last 31+ years, have we been wrong?
Not speaking to the last 31 years. Fed Up said we're gonna lose to those teams and finish 7th. I not only disagree, but I just think all that negativity when the man hasn't even started his 3rd season is unnecessary. I joke about Golding and I've said he was the guy I wanted, but I've been disappointed in the recruiting. However with that said, he overachieved a bit his 1st year. Last year definitely regressed and let's at least see this year what happens.

Not speaking to the last 31 years. Fed Up said we're gonna lose to those teams and finish 7th. I not only disagree, but I just think all that negativity when the man hasn't even started his 3rd season is unnecessary. I joke about Golding and I've said he was the guy I wanted, but I've been disappointed in the recruiting. However with that said, he overachieved a bit his 1st year. Last year definitely regressed and let's at least see this year what happens.
How did he “overachieve” exactly in year 1? He made The Basketball Classic and couldn’t beat Southern Utah at home. Didn’t he have Souley Boum, Tydus Verhouven, and Keonte Kennedy on his team? You know, guys that were good enough to play for P5 teams?

He wasn’t playing with freshmen and walk-ons. Give me a break.

Looking forward to the season.

How did he “overachieve” exactly in year 1? He made The Basketball Classic and couldn’t beat Southern Utah at home. Didn’t he have Souley Boum, Tydus Verhouven, and Keonte Kennedy on his team? You know, guys that were good enough to play for P5 teams?

I guess you're right, I didn't expect much after losing Williams though. I'll say finishing where they did in CUSA was a slight over achievement in his first year albeit not by much. Again I'll say I'm not over the moon about basketball, but I'm taking a wait and see for his 3rd year and I don't think it's quite doom and gloom and get rid of him and Utep will suck this year like some are already posting, that's all!

I’d say he overachieved by doing what terry couldn’t do with his recruits. Terry had the same guys and couldn’t get the same results. Plus just cause u play in the power 5 doesn’t make u a better player. They couldn’t even make conference USA 1st/2nd teams with the exception of Boum. Now he was a real power 5 player. Kennedy was overrated.

I’d say he overachieved by doing what terry couldn’t do with his recruits. Terry had the same guys and couldn’t get the same results. Plus just cause u play in the power 5 doesn’t make u a better player. They couldn’t even make conference USA 1st/2nd teams with the exception of Boum. Now he was a real power 5 player. Kennedy was overrated.
Kennedy is a good fit for a G5/mid major school. Doesn't seem to be a power conference player though.

I think Golding could have still got more out of that team.

Has Bronzeing had any recruits that transferred up?

Bonke went to Houston Baptist
Sibley went to Southern Utah
Saterfield field went to Portland St
Agnew went to SE Louisiana
Was Emanuel White his? Went to ENMU
Kezza Giffa went to a JC
Where did Lemus, Rio, and Zachary end up? Definitely not Xavier and Cal.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT