ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Schedule

Has Bronzeing had any recruits that transferred up?

Bonke went to Houston Baptist
Sibley went to Southern Utah
Saterfield field went to Portland St
Agnew went to SE Louisiana
Was Emanuel White his? Went to ENMU
Kezza Giffa went to a JC
Where did Lemus, Rio, and Zachary end up? Definitely not Xavier and Cal.
I wouldn’t grade a coach on his recruits moving up. If your going to put sibley on him then onyema would be his recruit upwards. I actually like that we got rid of those dudes and hopefully picked up better ones. I also like that he kept our core players and that they didn’t move up. Frazier could move up I think for sure but it’s better that he’s here

I wouldn’t grade a coach on his recruits moving up. If your going to put sibley on him then onyema would be his recruit upwards. I actually like that we got rid of those dudes and hopefully picked up better ones. I also like that he kept our core players and that they didn’t move up. Frazier could move up I think for sure but it’s better that he’s here
Onyema was a Terry recruit.

Sibley was a Bronzeing recruit

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I’m down to wait another year or three more or whatever. I’m not gonna accept the CUSA is tough excuses. Yes there were some good teams but this conference isn’t the Big 12 and we shouldn’t be stupid enough to believe tying for second to last place is satisfactory due to the toughness of this piece of shit conference.

This year is a big year for Golding with many senior/veteran returnees. Two obvious areas of concern are at the one and the five. Golding's approach of point guard by a commlttee using two guards jumps out immediately to me. I'm not sure I see the combination of Powell/Camper/Hardy as truly viable options at the point, but I guess we will see. At the five, we have only Kalu and Hamilton. I have heard good things on Elijah Jones, and I think he could be a factor. On the flip side, I've also heard outside shooting is still a question mark.

I’m down to wait another year or three more or whatever. I’m not gonna accept the CUSA is tough excuses. Yes there were some good teams but this conference isn’t the Big 12 and we shouldn’t be stupid enough to believe tying for second to last place is satisfactory due to the toughness of this piece of shit conference.
Utep has one of the top budgets in cusa now. No more excuses. Utep is in a conference that financially fits them.

This year is a big year for Golding with many senior/veteran returnees. Two obvious areas of concern are at the one and the five. Golding's approach of point guard by a commlttee using two guards jumps out immediately to me. I'm not sure I see the combination of Powell/Camper/Hardy as truly viable options at the point, but I guess we will see. At the five, we have only Kalu and Hamilton. I have heard good things on Elijah Jones, and I think he could be a factor. On the flip side, I've also heard outside shooting is still a question mark.
Esp Tae Hardy. Guy should be a sixth man at best rather than a point. Keep him at SG if you start him and don't let him dribble much. He's not good with the ball.

Bad recruiting...times a wasting

Sad thing is for the past few years UTEP had the #2 budget in the conference behind UAB. When was the last time we finished in second or better?
That's the thing. Wilson can justify support of athletics from a financial standpoint (if she actually addressed the problem). The issue is the lack of return based on poor hires by the AD, and accountability for those hires.

Sad thing is for the past few years UTEP had the #2 budget in the conference behind UAB. When was the last time we finished in second or better?
Miners finished tied for 2nd in the 2014-15 season. Of course, they split with NMSU, lost to the champ LaTech twice, lost to worse seed MTSU in the Semis, and then lost to Murray St by 15 in the NIT.

LaTech had this coach that won the WAC in his 2nd year, and then won CUSA in his 3rd and 4th years as coach. While, UTEP had Floyd in his 5th year, with no championships, while probably making double Mike White’s salary. Even more weird, UTEP was getting 8k for their games, while LaTech played in their standard empty arena, lucky to get 2500 to their games.

Still fans didn’t demand more from Floyd. Just got worse for there.

Senter just flat out won't reply to my inquiries. Never has given me a meaningful response. It's a hopeless fiasco. He can't justify his own performance or his hires.

How do you explain him keeping these coaches. Sure Dismel would cost a boatload, but the others?

UTEP is one of 69 teams to not release their non-conference schedule yet.

1 game pending date - home game vs Austin Peay
2 or 1 games pending - with 1 being the season opener and probably a D2. Or season opener could be a road game. Not likely though.

Reactions: unihorn
giphy.gif

UTEP men will now be playing in Las Cruces on January 4, instead of January 6. The reason is because UTEP will be hosting Chicago State on Sunday, January 7. It will be a ghost town because of the NFL games going on at the same time.

Well, according to the moron, it would be a quality win. 😂

but, but, but....Zay has 1500 followers!

He's a high school kid that's trying to find a niche. Probably wants to get paid being the "big fan" he is.
From what I understand we've got a HS kid that's a big Miner fan, who promotes the team on social media. It's certainly fine to publicly disagree with his opinions, but to outright insult a teenage fan? We need to encourage young people to support the team, not try to run them away.

From what I understand we've got a HS kid that's a big Miner fan, who promotes the team on social media. It's certainly fine to publicly disagree with his opinions, but to outright insult a teenage fan? We need to encourage young people to support the team, not try to run them away.
We are trying to save the kid from liver problems!

I think there’s a big difference in promoting and adding your own spin on things. Calling the non-conference slate “good” and all are “quality opponents” is adding his own cheerleader spin.

Chicago St is a bottom feeder. They are not quality. Multiple D2 teams aren’t that either. Are Seattle and ACU quality? Maybe? However, CUSA and the WAC have a scheduling agreement, so what kind of input did UTEP have on those opponents?

Everyone plays in a MTE, luckily they’re playing Cal and will end up playing Tulane or Bradley in the other game. They also got Austin Peay from that tournament. Is anyone excited to go see APU?

but, but, but....Zay has 1500 followers!

He's a high school kid that's trying to find a niche. Probably wants to get paid being the "big fan" he is.

He's not a kid. He's a young man. He's not 10 years old. lol

What does he do to "promote" the team? Are you saying people are buying tickets because he posts stupidity?

I think there’s a big difference in promoting and adding your own spin on things. Calling the non-conference slate “good” and all are “quality opponents” is adding his own cheerleader spin.

Chicago St is a bottom feeder. They are not quality. Multiple D2 teams aren’t that either. Are Seattle and ACU quality? Maybe? However, CUSA and the WAC have a scheduling agreement, so what kind of input did UTEP have on those opponents?

Everyone plays in a MTE, luckily they’re playing Cal and will end up playing Tulane or Bradley in the other game. They also got Austin Peay from that tournament. Is anyone excited to go see APU?
Funny enough Austin Peay is most likely a future conference mate 🤣🤨

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT