ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP doesn’t mention Byers in release

UTEP Football trying it’s hardest to alienate former players. They have already alienated an entire city, student body and current players who want an NIL deal or First Class Facilities. I guess they figured it was about time to hit the former players

Treating people right is a 'long game' play. Saying the right thing today could pay dividends down the road. The players of today could tell the recruits of tomorrow how great the school and city was. They could become future donors. They could play in the NFL andadd to your 'former Miners in the NFL Wall.'

I can't think of a single reason why you would want to Ghost someone on the way out that gave years to the program.

UTEP has to accept the reality of who we are. The next Aaron Jones might not walk in for another 50 years. We are now a farm school for P5's and high-mid major programs. We need to embrace that and use it to our advantage. We do that by showing future recruits that you can come to UTEP win awards and transfer on to bigger things.

UTEP has to accept the reality of who we are. The next Aaron Jones might not walk in for another 50 years. We are now a farm school for P5's and high-mid major programs. We need to embrace that and use it to our advantage. We do that by showing future recruits that you can come to UTEP win awards and transfer on to bigger things.

I actually brought this up a while back, why not make UTEP a farm team?

Let’s say we partner with Texas. They give us all those 5 star kids. We run their system. And when they finish a season or two they automatically move up or if they don’t have the goods they can stay here or enter the portal.

We benefit by being talented. They benefit by getting athletes that have tons of reps.

That's what I said and people dogged me. But you say it and you get praised. 🙁🙁🤔🤔🤔

Remember I said they should have posters of Bryson Williams and Jacob Cowing?? But people here made fun of me.🤓🤓🤓

Reactions: kickballpro
The question I have, why doesnt Byers just enter the draft?? If he is good enough to for play for a power 5 school, then he should see what the NFL has to say?

I actually brought this up a while back, why not make UTEP a farm team?

Let’s say we partner with Texas. They give us all those 5 star kids. We run their system. And when they finish a season or two they automatically move up or if they don’t have the goods they can stay here or enter the portal.

We benefit by being talented. They benefit by getting athletes that have tons of reps.
I don't think that would be permitted. Other schools would argue that Texas has in effect exceeded the scholarship limits. I do think we should lean into being a stepping stone to a power 5 program though. Similar to how junior colleges promote the number of kids they put in d1 programs.

I don't think that would be permitted. Other schools would argue that Texas has in effect exceeded the scholarship limits. I do think we should lean into being a stepping stone to a power 5 program though. Similar to how junior colleges promote the number of kids they put in d1 programs.
If I knew anything about computer graphics I would do a poster with all the recent players that have gone on to a P5 program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT