ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP doing some marketing!

kickballpro

MI Miner Maniac
Mar 24, 2006
I was at Circle K tonight and there was a stack of Miner Savings Magazines at register. In these magazines there were several offers to save money at local restaurants with BOGO and other great deals. Also in the magazine were write ups on Dimel and Terry, schedules, and season ticket information.

Also on the counter were credit card like discount cards that had a BOGO offer for Churches Chicken on one side and the Football schedule on the other side.

Nope, I don’t believe UTEP even had a marketing dept. They had one but it was piss poor,

"If you build it they will come", is great for the movies but in real life it's "If you advertise it they will come". The athletics department has to step up and keep fans informed about the product if they want people to show up for games. Ignorance is an empty stadium. Whatever sport you want to watch and spend your money on, you've got to know what to expect for your effort.

Reactions: El Paso 1
I remember Senter saying at the first town hall that it was 1 full time staffer and 2 interns. Says a lot about the previous regime
They don't do 'marketing' through. It's more of a promotions and promotional outreach events department. UTEP should have a local marketing and advertising company on retainer doing the professional stuff. Even something as low as a $100k budget would help out a lot with attendance.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
They don't do 'marketing' through. It's more of a promotions and promotional outreach events department. UTEP should have a local marketing and advertising company on retainer doing the professional stuff. Even something as low as a $100k budget would help out a lot with attendance.

Pretty sure as of now, and unless something has changed, IMG College owns the rights to utep’s marketing and promotions. Since 2006 if I’m not mistaken.

I think you’re right, though, that a local marketing firm would be most beneficial. We are so low on IMG’s priority list as they have a contract with 2/3 of the P5 schools. Someone with a passion for UTEP athletics would be a much better fit.

Reactions: minerfan_14

Never said they did. Just made a statement

"If you build it they will come", is great for the movies but in real life it's "If you advertise it they will come". The athletics department has to step up and keep fans informed about the product if they want people to show up for games. Ignorance is an empty stadium. Whatever sport you want to watch and spend your money on, you've got to know what to expect for your effort.
The past is the past. It is done, gone and buried. From my POV as Joe Six Pack, I see new changes and a positive vibe. I wish nothing but the best and I am excited for football and basketball season. Go Miners!!

Reactions: MINER.JAY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT