ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP fan council

A bunch of current employees and ex-athletes and people with “connections”. The more things change, the more they stay the same.....

A bunch of current employees and ex-athletes and people with “connections”. The more things change, the more they stay the same.....

The fan council is not more of the same. They were looking for a wide variety of people. They did not want it to be a bunch of people that have the same experiences. Their goal was to obtain a wide variety of opinions on what works and doesn't work. My experiences as a 30 year season ticket holder is going to be different from a recent grad who hasn't purchases season tickets. Mr. Senter does not want group think and he values different opinions. Am I disappointed that I didn't get picked? Sure. I was also told that they will be rotating 10 people out each year and 10 new ones in. This was a great idea on his part and I have no doubt it will enhance the experience of fans and student athletes.

It doesn't mean "connections". They have gone out their way to support the university as students, alumni or supporters. Supporting UTEP is not just about athletics but the university as a whole. Give time before judgement. If you want to make a difference reach out to the university, if you are a student get involved, an alumni then reach out the alumni association, supporter go out to UTEP athletic events and interact with other UTEP supporters face to face. The ways to make a difference are there.

Shovelman, you seems to have all the answers since you reply to every person that you disagree with one here, did you apply?

Reactions: nfldude
Shovelman, you seems to have all the answers...

Oohhh I like this. Shovel, so you know if the new remake of top gun is going to flop? Who should I bet for on the next NBA final game. Must be nice having all the answers as if you’re omnipotent

Oohhh I like this. Shovel, so you know if the new remake of top gun is going to flop? Who should I bet for on the next NBA final game. Must be nice having all the answers as if you’re omnipotent

Define “flop”

Bet on Golden St. Blowout coming.

It is nice, actually.

Shovelman, you seems to have all the answers since you reply to every person that you disagree with one here, did you apply?

It’s not that I disagree, but more so asking people to back up their thoughts.

I did not apply, I am in the process of leaving El Paso and did not want to be picked (would have been selected for sure) and take a spot from someone “more deserving”.

It doesn't mean "connections". They have gone out their way to support the university as students, alumni or supporters. Supporting UTEP is not just about athletics but the university as a whole. Give time before judgement. If you want to make a difference reach out to the university, if you are a student get involved, an alumni then reach out the alumni association, supporter go out to UTEP athletic events and interact with other UTEP supporters face to face. The ways to make a difference are there.

How has doing that worked for the past 26 years?

My experiences as a 30 year season ticket holder is going to be different from a recent grad who hasn't purchases season tickets.

Right. UTEP knows you will continue buying regardless. Why would they want your opinion on anything? They will raise prices, screw with your parking, give you the same crappy games, and take you for granted.

You stated in another thread that you didn’t like Floyd, etc. Why did you continue to buy tickets and support him then? If you’re a football ticket holder, why would you continue to support Kugler then?

Because you will buy anyway.

Right. UTEP knows you will continue buying regardless. Why would they want your opinion on anything? They will raise prices, screw with your parking, give you the same crappy games, and take you for granted.

You stated in another thread that you didn’t like Floyd, etc. Why did you continue to buy tickets and support him then? If you’re a football ticket holder, why would you continue to support Kugler then?

Because you will buy anyway.

Ever thing that the athletic department might want to know how to create more fans like me that support the university. You obviously didn't or you would have made sure to point it out to every to show how smart you think you are.

I know a few actually lol (Analisa, Jorge, and Susan) Looks like a good balance. Let’s see what they’re going to do.

Senter is off to good start. I realize Dimel and Terry will have some loses that will bring back reality to UTEPlandia. That has to be expected. Right now everyone is in honeymoon mode but it will fade away. I just hope this is not a shell committee and that they the members are fully educated on the ticket holders, the student athlete and UTEP as a public institution competing in CUSA. The reason I say this is the day will, not if, but it will come when the college gods will get their way and shed off some FBS schools. They have been pushing this for over twenty years but have been held at bay and even threatened the NCAA they will leave the NCAA. The NCAA gave in with some FBS requirements but that was a "kick the can down road" measure. If UTEP wants to compete at this level they need to make football much stronger and give basketball more exposure. That means get to the NCAA Dance, keep HC pay competitive and educate El Pasoan's on the benefits of buying tickets. Selling out the SB for Monster Truck helps UTEP but putting over thirty five thousands fannies in the SB goes just as far as well and it can be done because it was done under Price. Then dismantled by him, burned by Kug but can be done.

Last edited:
Ever thing that the athletic department might want to know how to create more fans like me that support the university. You obviously didn't or you would have made sure to point it out to every to show how smart you think you are.

Can you type that out again in English please?

I’m sure they want fans that buy regardless. Really doubt they get them though, especially with poor results. Most people don’t have the benefit of seeing Top 25 teams, Tournament appearances, and big teams coming here.

All of UTEPs problems are in their results.

Reactions: El Paso 1
We haven’t played any games yet. The only games going on right now are recruiting battles. And so far we’ve beat out some major schools for the recruits on our team. Of course that’s not good enough for you. So you’ll continue to bring up the past even though no one in charge now is responsible for that mess.

We haven’t played any games yet. The only games going on right now are recruiting battles. And so far we’ve beat out some major schools for the recruits on our team. Of course that’s not good enough for you. So you’ll continue to bring up the past even though no one in charge now is responsible for that mess.

The past is what we have to go by right now. Wow I’m super excited we beat out Maryland for a transfer! Final 4 baby!

Maybe he’ll break his ankle and never play again. You don’t know until the suit up.

Not saying Senter, Dimel, and Terry won’t be successful. This is how I choose to express myself. Why do I have to be like everyone else?

The past is what we have to go by right now. Wow I’m super excited we beat out Maryland for a transfer! Final 4 baby!

Maybe he’ll break his ankle and never play again. You don’t know until the suit up.

Not saying Senter, Dimel, and Terry won’t be successful. This is how I choose to express myself. Why do I have to be like everyone else?
You don’t have to be like everyone else. You’re the only one saying final four. We’ve endured a lot of hard times as UTEP fans. Some of us have spent a lot of time and money to see very little in return. Why can’t we be optimistic and hopeful things will finally change around here without your smart ass, condescending, negative bull shit all the time. Let us celebrate our small victories peacefully.

When it’s time to criticize Senter, Terry and Dimel you can bet all of us will be on here expressing our dissatisfaction.

You call it negativity, I call them facts.

Ask EP1

He's right. You can't argue facts.

Whether anybody likes it or not and whatever Senter says or anybody else says, UTEP athletics sucks right now. You can't argue the facts. September 1 is the first step to change that.

It doesn't matter what recruits UTEP signed. None of that matters. All that matters is whether they can win games.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
He's right. You can't argue facts.

Whether anybody likes it or not and whatever Senter says or anybody else says, UTEP athletics sucks right now. You can't argue the facts. September 1 is the first step to change that.

It doesn't matter what recruits UTEP signed. None of that matters. All that matters is whether they can win games.

NMSU went to a bowl game, basketball tournament and baseball tournament.

UTEP went 0-12 and finished 12th in basketball. But yeah, let’s break out the Pom-poms and hope for the best! Like we’ve done the last 50 years. Cool

NMSU went to a bowl game, basketball tournament and baseball tournament.

UTEP went 0-12 and finished 12th in basketball. But yeah, let’s break out the Pom-poms and hope for the best! Like we’ve done the last 50 years. Cool

NMSU sucks. They beat terrible teams to get to their bowl game and beat a terrible team in their bowl game. If UTEP played those teams they would have won more games and would have blown out Utah State and would not have needed overtime to win.

Who cares because NMSU never wins games in the tournament. If UTEP was in the WAC they would go dancing every year and win games in the tournament.

#FACTS

Where have I criticized them?
You criticize us fans for expressing happiness when we beat out Power teams for basketball recruits. You criticized Senter for his selections of the fan council. You criticize us fans for being concerned if Terry has a buyout clause. You criticize long time season ticket holders for their continued support of UTEP athletics. You criticize posters who make grammatical errors or misspelled names even though some of your post contain errors themselves. You criticized UTEP for not finishing dead last in the APR. You criticized UTEP’s schedule after your gags announced they would play at Kansas. You got stuck with your foot in your mouth when a few weeks later UTEP announced a date at Arizona. That’s all I can think of right now but I’m sure there will be plenty more to add to this list.

You call it negativity, I call them facts.

Ask EP1
This is a new year with new personal, I don’t believe anybody is expecting miracles( one would be nice).
All we ask is that the two of you look for something good in future, instead of having a nasty remark for everyone.
Try it I guarantee your life will be a lot happier. I’m not going to get in a pissing match with the two you do that being said, I’m out.
Enjoy the day.

Reactions: HeWore62
This is a new year with new personal, I don’t believe anybody is expecting miracles( one would be nice).
All we ask is that the two of you look for something good in future, instead of having a nasty remark for everyone.
Try it I guarantee your life will be a lot happier. I’m not going to get in a pissing match with the two you do that being said, I’m out.
Enjoy the day.

I guess you don't read the board because some people are saying this year will be "special" and UTEP is going to go to the Sweet 16.

I already stated I am optimistic about the future, but that's all you can be at this point. I am not going to get excited until UTEP finally wins some games.

I am a happy person and very positive, but at the same time I am a very realistic person.

What "nasty" things have we said? Can you name one?

Only the homers care about that.
Step outside your little safe bubble and go read the CUSA board. Why don’t you join and make some comments? It’s full of fans expressing how excited they are about their incoming recruits. Same is true for any university. Last year we couldn’t shut up the WKU fans about their upcoming class.

You criticize us fans for expressing happiness when we beat out Power teams for basketball recruits. You criticized Senter for his selections of the fan council. You criticize us fans for being concerned if Terry has a buyout clause. You criticize long time season ticket holders for their continued support of UTEP athletics. You criticize posters who make grammatical errors or misspelled names even though some of your post contain errors themselves. You criticized UTEP for not finishing dead last in the APR. You criticized UTEP’s schedule after your gags announced they would play at Kansas. You got stuck with your foot in your mouth when a few weeks later UTEP announced a date at Arizona. That’s all I can think of right now but I’m sure there will be plenty more to add to this list.

If you want to call the criticization of Senter for the fan council, so be it. I looked at the bios, saw employees, the usual names, and so fourth. Did Senter hand pick them all? Probably not. Will we ever know? Nope. Whoever did, probably was asked to choose from here, etc. I knew when they asked where you worked and etc, that it was a hustle. You just happen to tell me a Hunt Companies employee just happened to be there? I’m sure some smarter, “real” fans, saw the con too and decided not to fill it out.

How are those others criticizing the AD and coaches?

If you want to call the criticization of Senter for the fan council, so be it. I looked at the bios, saw employees, the usual names, and so fourth. Did Senter hand pick them all? Probably not. Will we ever know? Nope. Whoever did, probably was asked to choose from here, etc. I knew when they asked where you worked and etc, that it was a hustle. You just happen to tell me a Hunt Companies employee just happened to be there? I’m sure some smarter, “real” fans, saw the con too and decided not to fill it out.

How are those others criticizing the AD and coaches?
So would it have been better to select a bunch of fast food workers and fair weather fans that stopped showing up years ago?

Why do any of you bother. Do you really thing Shovel of Crap is going to say anything positive about the program. Ask him when the last time he was happy and he most likely will say something negative about the '66 season.
Remember he is the smartest on this board according to him. After all he would have been picked for the Fan Council for sure because of his tremendous positivity for the program and enthusiasm.
Somehow I have a funny feeling that he wore out his welcome in this town and is being rode out of here. If he rides into the sunset off the board it will not be cried upon by anyone but himself. (Maybe El Paso 1).

Reactions: minerfan_14
So would it have been better to select a bunch of fast food workers and fair weather fans that stopped showing up years ago?

Depends if they’re actually fans. What’s wrong with being a fast food worker? Not everyone makes $300,000 and has season tickets.

If someone working at McDonalds is a big UTEP fan, why not? What makes Hunt Co employees “better fans” because they have more money and are able to contribute financially to the program? That’s the “I’m better than you” mentality, that most rich people have.

The common fan is going to be the one that fills up your arena/stadium. If you’re winning, put out an entertaining product, or playing a team that is good, the common fan pushes capacity. The season ticket holder is there regardless.

Why would you not want fair weather fans? As Stan pointed out, he’s a 30 years STH, you already have his commitment and money. Wouldn’t you strive to gets others? If you’re not listening to non-STHs, you will never get them. A fair weather fan will at least give it the you straight. A STH will give excuses, but will attend anyway!

If you want to grow a business, you need to get the ones that aren’t already “Miner Maniacs”

Somehow I have a funny feeling that he wore out his welcome in this town and is being rode out of here. If he rides into the sunset off the board it will not be cried upon by anyone but himself. (Maybe El Paso 1).

Yeah, you’re so right. The EPPD convinced the Mayor to kick me out. “This guy talking facts about Bowl games and NCAA tournaments need to go, but let the child molestors and drug dealers remain. We can’t have 1 guy on a message board spitting truth”

Great take man. You should write for the Herald Post or something.

Depends if they’re actually fans. What’s wrong with being a fast food worker? Not everyone makes $300,000 and has season tickets.

If someone working at McDonalds is a big UTEP fan, why not? What makes Hunt Co employees “better fans” because they have more money and are able to contribute financially to the program? That’s the “I’m better than you” mentality, that most rich people have.

The common fan is going to be the one that fills up your arena/stadium. If you’re winning, put out an entertaining product, or playing a team that is good, the common fan pushes capacity. The season ticket holder is there regardless.

Why would you not want fair weather fans? As Stan pointed out, he’s a 30 years STH, you already have his commitment and money. Wouldn’t you strive to gets others? If you’re not listening to non-STHs, you will never get them. A fair weather fan will at least give it the you straight. A STH will give excuses, but will attend anyway!

If you want to grow a business, you need to get the ones that aren’t already “Miner Maniacs”
Fair points. Duly noted.

Step outside your little safe bubble and go read the CUSA board. Why don’t you join and make some comments? It’s full of fans expressing how excited they are about their incoming recruits. Same is true for any university. Last year we couldn’t shut up the WKU fans about their upcoming class.

Again, those are the homers. I am not a homer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT