ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP fan council

Depends if they’re actually fans. What’s wrong with being a fast food worker? Not everyone makes $300,000 and has season tickets.

If someone working at McDonalds is a big UTEP fan, why not? What makes Hunt Co employees “better fans” because they have more money and are able to contribute financially to the program? That’s the “I’m better than you” mentality, that most rich people have.

The common fan is going to be the one that fills up your arena/stadium. If you’re winning, put out an entertaining product, or playing a team that is good, the common fan pushes capacity. The season ticket holder is there regardless.

Why would you not want fair weather fans? As Stan pointed out, he’s a 30 years STH, you already have his commitment and money. Wouldn’t you strive to gets others? If you’re not listening to non-STHs, you will never get them. A fair weather fan will at least give it the you straight. A STH will give excuses, but will attend anyway!

If you want to grow a business, you need to get the ones that aren’t already “Miner Maniacs”
Bullshit.....just because you are a lifelong fan doesn't mean you make excuses. It means you love the school and enjoy the games. I have season tickets but sure the hell wasn't a Floyd fan when he couldn't win. Neither was Stan.

You are full of crap...per usual

Reactions: Cube Jack
Then why the hell are you here? WE are homers. Some realist, some not so much.
You and your other screen name are bad for this board.

I'm here because I am a UTEP fan and I like discussing UTEP athletics and the occasional off topic discussion. There are other people on here who are not homers like you.

I'm not sure why you think I would have two user names on here and what other user name you think I use, but this is my only screen name.

You criticize us fans for expressing happiness when we beat out Power teams for basketball recruits. You criticized Senter for his selections of the fan council. You criticize us fans for being concerned if Terry has a buyout clause. You criticize long time season ticket holders for their continued support of UTEP athletics. You criticize posters who make grammatical errors or misspelled names even though some of your post contain errors themselves. You criticized UTEP for not finishing dead last in the APR. You criticized UTEP’s schedule after your gags announced they would play at Kansas. You got stuck with your foot in your mouth when a few weeks later UTEP announced a date at Arizona. That’s all I can think of right now but I’m sure there will be plenty more to add to this list.
Put 'em on ignore. That's like getting Raid to get rid of roaches.

Put 'em on ignore. That's like getting Raid to get rid of roaches.
How is that done? Normally I click on the name and I have the option to put them on ignore. When I click on that profile I get this message

MinerIllustrated.com - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile.

How is that done? Normally I click on the name and I have the option to put them on ignore. When I click on that profile I get this message

MinerIllustrated.com - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Click on your icon (top right). Click on “people you ignore” (bottom right). Type in the name you would like to ignore. Hit “save preferences “. And voila!

Am I the only one waiting for one of these fine outstanding citizens to break out this defense?
3c6fccc6de2055cae131966656b87a8e.jpg

A bunch of current employees and ex-athletes and people with “connections”. The more things change, the more they stay the same.....
I myself am one of the individuals who was chosen to be in the fan council. I am not an employee, nor am I a former student athlete. I just took the time to fill out an application and I was chosen in part because I expressed a true desire to be part of the solution rather than being cynical and part of the problem. So I disagree with your comment and ask for your assistance

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT