ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP gets 4 star TCU transfer

Is he sitting out this year? Or does he have to sit out next year? When does he get to play?

Given this program's past history with decommitments and transfers year to year under Floyd, I'll believe it when I actually see Archie in a UTEP uniform and on the court.

Reactions: minermx07
Given this program's past history with decommitments and transfers year to year under Floyd, I'll believe it when I actually see Archie in a UTEP uniform and on the court.

New regime, new players, new attitude, new outlook, my friend.

So far, all of Terry's players showed up on the court, and all of next year's guys are on the bench.

Terry sold me a while ago. I'll expect every one of his recruits to show up and flourish, until he proves otherwise....

I don’t know why but I think we will lose McGee and eze.... who does everyone think we will lose? I can’t see Hawkins lathon Gilyard or efe going

I don’t know why but I think we will lose McGee and eze.... who does everyone think we will lose? I can’t see Hawkins lathon Gilyard or efe going
Yeah I am not a fan of players leaving, but I guess at this point it's the standard. I think Lathon and Eze have the most upside of our current players right now.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
How does the scholarship count look for next year with this addition?

It is funny how Floyd made it seem like the "transfer epidemic" was a terrible thing. Terry makes it look like a wonderful thing.
Floyd's problem was that he ended up losing his best players. He had no issue when he ran off/over recruited the guys he chose to leave. Hypocrisy at its worst. With Terry, I think he will keep the guys who can contribute to wins; which should be the goal of any D1 program.

I kinda agree that Kobe and EZ are the gonners. Too bad... like em both. I've been thinking a lot about who next year's starters might be and then decided with all the talent and possible combinations of that talent; Terry's gonna have a ball. As good as Efe has been; he's still got some deficiencies. As good as our frosh guards and Gilyard have been, they too have deficiencies. Could you imagine this lineup?
Williams and Tarpe at forwards
Boum, Stroud at guards
Either Efe or Gilyard as the situation dictates

I kinda agree that Kobe and EZ are the gonners. Too bad... like em both. I've been thinking a lot about who next year's starters might be and then decided with all the talent and possible combinations of that talent; Terry's gonna have a ball. As good as Efe has been; he's still got some deficiencies. As good as our frosh guards and Gilyard have been, they too have deficiencies. Could you imagine this lineup?
Boum, Stroud at guards
Coach should have enough talent for 2 starting lineups. Could be a pressing defense and fast paced offense next year.

Reactions: miner1liner
Boum, Stroud at guards

It’s tough to stay who leaves, but I don’t know if anyone’s spot is safe but I may say Efe and Eze need to stay just because bigs don’t grow on trees and another year will benefit both greatly. Laython and Hawkins are young and should improve as well. So I may take a wild guess and say Gillyard and Kobe are goners, just because they’re Floyd guys. But that’s just me.

I don’t like this pick up. He didn’t play much. Reminds me of another Tremaine Faqua. My opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong

I don’t like this pick up. He didn’t play much. Reminds me of another Tremaine Faqua. My opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong
I linked the article above as to why. He didn't like having significantly less minutes as compared to one of the juniors.

Fuqua was a transfer from Ok. State in the mid 2000s. He was hyped up quite a bit, but never really contributed during his short stay at UTEP. I think Archie has a much higher upside, and will be a contributor. I like how Terry has recruited multiple guys at each position. I expect Tarke and now Archie to fill in that SF position.

Well this is a damn conundrum now. I can't complain that Terry is bringing in good players, but I hate to lose some of the guys that are being pushed out.

Terry is building a team that should win sooner than later, but chemistry will be key with so much competition.

The bottom line for me is that I want a good team that will win, and I also want it to continue when and if Terry is gone. I know nothing has happened yet, but I don't want anymore 'flashes in the pan'. Let's get this thing rolling and keep it rolling.

Well this is a damn conundrum now. I can't complain that Terry is bringing in good players, but I hate to lose some of the guys that are being pushed out.

Terry is building a team that should win sooner than later, but chemistry will be key with so much competition.

The bottom line for me is that I want a good team that will win, and I also want it to continue when and if Terry is gone. I know nothing has happened yet, but I don't want anymore 'flashes in the pan'. Let's get this thing rolling and keep it rolling.

Fresno State is pretty good this year.

Reactions: axingfools1
Yep, and despite all that potential and a loaded team, Terry still decided to come here. Good for us.
Exactly. Terry has already shown it IS possible to bring in high level talent into El Paso, even being in a one bid conference. After years of excuses from Floyd and Stull, Terry has demonstrated it can be done. The next step is obviously meshing all the pieces together, but talent makes a coach look good. If Terry were to make a Barbee like run, and decide to move on, I think other coaches would also see the potential at UTEP. In fact, a potential successor to Terry could already be on staff in Lamont Smith. One step at a time and nothing is guaranteed, but the future looks bright, at least in basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT