ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP in Basketball Classic

That is correct. UTEP hopes to make money on concessions and alcohol. If UTEP gets a Fresno State or similar I can see 7k up to 8k.

These schools are coming out of Covid and we all saw on TV CUSA teams playing in empty event centers and stadiums. That hurts the bottom line.

A tight budget will have many AD’s saying“Niet” this year.
They’d make more if they didn’t cut off beer sales like Beer Nazis at the end of halftime.

Just cancel it
I have nothing against it, but I do wonder why UTEP accepted an invite after Golding had already said he was leaning towards ending the season.

Maybe there was some discussion amongst the team and the players expressed a desire to keep playing.

I have nothing against it, but I do wonder why UTEP accepted an invite after Golding had already said he was leaning towards ending the season.

Maybe there was some discussion amongst the team and the players expressed a desire to keep playing.
I just don't like how completely dos organized it sounds. Literally online the only place to see which teams are in it is Wikipedia. That's sad website isn't even set up. If you click on it it takes you to a page that shows some pictures that's all.

"I talked to Souley [Boum] and Tydus [Verhoeven], and let them know that we had some postseason options out there," Golding said. "They texted me the other day and said they wanted to play. I'm proud of them. They deserve to play another game."

Reactions: FeralFelidae
"I talked to Souley [Boum] and Tydus [Verhoeven], and let them know that we had some postseason options out there," Golding said. "They texted me the other day and said they wanted to play. I'm proud of them. They deserve to play another game."

Kennedy was not mentioned in there with Boum and TV. Would be very nice to have him and Bieniemy both back. There is no doubt we can upgrade at C, and I’m pretty sure Golding will be able to snag a solid guard or two.

Don’t believe that. It’s money grubbing Senter.

Don’t believe that. It’s money grubbing Senter.
I lean this way too, only cuz he picked to host a game instead of going to the neutral site tournament. Maybe he's doing everything he can to convince the guys to return. A championship run might make them tough it out for one last go next season.

Reactions: unihorn
I lean this way too, only cuz he picked to host a game instead of going to the neutral site tournament. Maybe he's doing everything he can to convince the guys to return. A championship run might make them tough it out for one last go next season.
I swear that on one of the KROD or ELP Times articles that it was determined to host a game for concession sales. Can’t find the damn thing or maybe it’s been edited out.

Reactions: JCorona
While I agree that the quality of play and organization of the CBI is better, didn't we loose a lot of money the last time we played in the CBI?
I felt that season was overkill. We had just hosted the CUSA tournament and then turnaround and hosted the CBI. We should have called it a season after being bounced early from the conference tournament.

Covid still a lingering concern. Not enough time to prep. Schools don’t like someone else getting their gate receipts.

However, some teams still want to ball. Golding wants to recruit but I guess he is honoring players wishes, especially KK. Golding getting that 20 win mark is well deserving for an already over achieved season with setbacks beyond his control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT