ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP in Basketball Classic

So after Utep plays Sat there should be 10 remaining teams. So 8 teams play with 2 teams with highest rating or who got the highest attendance get a bye.
How in the world did Rice and Florida Atlantic get into the CBI???? Our team had a better record.
They didn't get in the CBI over us. UTEP declined the CBI. Probably didn't want to pay the 50,000 buy in.

So after Utep plays Sat there should be 10 remaining teams. So 8 teams play with 2 teams with highest rating or who got the highest attendance get a bye.

They didn't get in the CBI over us. UTEP declined the CBI. Probably didn't want to pay the 50,000 buy in.
It ought to be 6 byes and two play in games to get to 8 left. But, knowing this tournament, they'll have all 10 teams playing.

I don’t see anyone looking like students here. Olds, parents with kids…

Man, I know we’ve doubled up on our opponent (only because they went 0-12), but there is almost zero flow to our offense.

Reactions: Lil_Train

Why do Kennedy and Boum have 19 rebounds and TV has 1? I just don't get. ACU had decent rebounding stats last season led by their bigs.

Why do Kennedy and Boum have 19 rebounds and TV has 1? I just don't get. ACU had decent rebounding stats last season led by their bigs.
TV usually only had 4 boards a game or so. I wonder if it’s because it’s more his duty to focus on the box out and clear space, and let someone else pick up the rebound.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
TV usually only had 4 boards a game or so. I wonder if it’s because it’s more his duty to focus on the box out and clear space, and let someone else pick up the rebound.
Yes. Frequently our bigs are trailing shots at the rim or are out of position on jump shots because they are defending/double teaming the top of the key.

WI would end playing the last 4 on their bench if UTEP would drive it in more like they did in the first half.

TV usually only had 4 boards a game or so. I wonder if it’s because it’s more his duty to focus on the box out and let someone else pick up the rebound.
He's not a natural rebounder by any means. Athletically, he is extremely limited in the areas needed to be a good rebounder, quick and explosive jumping ability. For a player like him, it is better to have him focus on boxing out, and letting the quicker, smaller guys grab the rebound.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT